Trump is a Fascist

Kemp

On 11/15/2023 at 8:50 AM, BillStime said:

Jesus Christ did he say that?

On 11/27/2023 at 9:49 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

^^^^^^^^^  using irrational fear.

its all they got.

It is coming right out of his mouth. Are you listening? Jesus you are dense.

On 11/27/2023 at 9:57 AM, Tiberius said:

No, he's a fascist 

Trump writing? LOL 

Is that a sharpie?

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

He had four years to dismantle the deep state, but instead, he expanded it.

He aims to eliminate anyone who doesn't align with MAGA.

He seeks to erase any media that doesn't sugarcoat MAGA.

He exhibits characteristics of fascism.

I agree. Speaking on his track record for anyone to believe he will do that is a bit naive. He prob will spend and expand and bomb.....but thats just maintaning our trajectory. Exactly what we have going on now. 

I also dont think you are at all concerned about what hes talking about. Instead you just root for the exact inverse type of fascism. I mean right wing terrorism is the number 1 threat to this country. The ULTRA MAGA, the supremists are the REAL issue. Right? Seems both sides want to eliminate their rivals. I dont like commies marxists or q anon extremists in my country. How bout you? 

Erase media that doesnt sugar coat maga? You give alot of power to one guy. He cant even erase twitter when hes got truth social. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

I agree. Speaking on his track record for anyone to believe he will do that is a bit naive. He prob will spend and expand and bomb.....but thats just maintaning our trajectory. Exactly what we have going on now. 

I also dont think you are at all concerned about what hes talking about. Instead you just root for the exact inverse type of fascism. I mean right wing terrorism is the number 1 threat to this country. The ULTRA MAGA, the supremists are the REAL issue. Right? Seems both sides want to eliminate their rivals. I dont like commies marxists or q anon extremists in my country. How bout you? 

Erase media that doesnt sugar coat maga? You give alot of power to one guy. He cant even erase twitter when hes got truth social. 

I agree with a lot of this.  I'll expand that I think most posters here don't like the extremes to the right/left.  Most of the arguing on this board is the left thinking the crazies on the right have more control of their side and vice versa.  I dislike the far left as much as any conservative.  The difference is I only see those people (far left) online.  You won't believe me but they truly are a small, small portion of dem voters.  While conservatives.....Qanon has hundreds of thousands of....whatever the F you call them, fans/advocates i guess.  You have religious zealots openly advocating Christian Nationalism.  Conspiracy theorists EVERYWHERE.  Reps have to say crazy shiite just to get elected now.   It's humorous to me the people that say the far left has more inflluence than the far right.  

Also part of what has our trajectory screwy, I'm not saying bad or good there's a lot of both, is still covid related.  While we are in good shape mostly other countries we trade with are not.  That has a negative impact on us.  So it's a little unfair those that absolve orange guy for the economy post covid blame Biden 100% for something like inflation (biggest complaint I think right now).  He is not blameless but worldwide we are doing well.  Rant over.

Edited by L Ron Burgundy
wording

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I agree with a lot of this.  I'll expand that I think most posters here don't like the extremes to the right/left.  Most of the arguing on the left thinking the crazies on the right have more control of their side and vice versa.  I dislike the far left as much as any conservative.  The difference is I only see those people (far left) online.  You won't believe me but they truly are a small, small portion of dem voters.  While conservatives.....Qanon has hundreds of thousands of....whatever the F you call them, fans/advocates i guess.  You have religious zealots openly advocating Christian Nationalism.  Conspiracy theorists EVERYWHERE.  Reps have to say crazy shiite just to get elected now.   It's humorous to me the people that say the far left has more inflluence than the far right.  

Also part of what has our trajectory screwy, I'm not saying bad or good there's a lot of both, is still covid related.  While we are in good shape mostly other countries we trade with are not.  That has a negative impact on us.  So it's a little unfair those that absolve orange guy for the economy post covid blame Biden 100% for something like inflation (biggest complaint I think right now).  He is not blameless but worldwide we are doing well.  Rant over.

This is where we truley disagree. Who has more power/zealots and is activley putting in policies that are hurting this country. 

Christian extremism you think has power? What exactly are they doing? Trying to abolish abortion? I see that as a issue because its gone extreme. Sure. Trying to end contraceptives is nuts. Asking for a timeframe..not so much. Alot of the other things we are talking about are simply opposing liberal ideology..which is now considered right wing extreme. Easy to fear basic things like children books when the entire apparatus is proclaiming its fascism. Rated R movies have been a thing a loong time. Wheres the outrage been. Ect ect ect.

The crazies on the left "are very small"? Ok. Go to work and just openly talk about 2 genders with co workers. Its just a scientific fact that deserves descussion/debate? You comfortable enough to keep your job? That "a few" people in your sphere alone. How about if someone starts kicking in your door. You feel ok putting a few in the door to protect your family. Im in NY and im terrified ill spend the rest of my life in jail because of my "duty to flee". Large chunks of american stores have to close and lock items up due to lax crime laws. Liberal hatred of police has major shortfalls in recruiting of officers. Who in the world wants to do that now just to be hated and identified as evil for simply wearing a uniform. Immigration is swallowing budgets that was used needed for actual citizens and THE FEDERAL GOV wont even help its own blue cities saying they can take no more.

These things arent right wing conspiracies or just online, even if your not directly effected...yet. these arent miniscule fractions of a cult to be ignored. Im stuck in a blue state, i know very well the effects they have. 

Now what is it particularly that christian nationsist are doing that is more of a threat to day to day? Serious question. Im not seeing it. Conspiracy theorist has lost all meaning, especially after covid. What you really mean is people skeptical of main stream narratives. It used to be the left who fought for free speech. Who did not trust corporation paid media and definitely not the gov. 

Somewhere that flipped. Are you old enough to remember what liberalism stood for? Do you see how corrupt it has become? This isnt a small portion of the party like you think. Its completely changed.

Trump plays into anti establishment Crowd. That used to be the "hope and change" of the democrat's.  Now its there #1 threat.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I agree with a lot of this.  I'll expand that I think most posters here don't like the extremes to the right/left.  Most of the arguing on this board is the left thinking the crazies on the right have more control of their side and vice versa.  I dislike the far left as much as any conservative.  The difference is I only see those people (far left) online.  You won't believe me but they truly are a small, small portion of dem voters.  While conservatives.....Qanon has hundreds of thousands of....whatever the F you call them, fans/advocates i guess.  You have religious zealots openly advocating Christian Nationalism.  Conspiracy theorists EVERYWHERE.  Reps have to say crazy shiite just to get elected now.   It's humorous to me the people that say the far left has more inflluence than the far right.  

Suddenly, poli-speak about a President and inflation is “unfair”.   😂. Google Joe Biden and “they gonna put y’all back in chains”, or take a look at the recap of the dem approach to the Brett Kavanaugh hearing for additional thoughts on fairness.  

Biden is the face of the dem party, and represents the sum total of 50 years in power in Washington.  Inflation running amok is going to land on his shoes, as surely as “blame the last guy!” will come from Team Biden.  

Finally, the amount of crazies on the left, and the amount of crazies on the right, is typically going to be about the same number.  It’s simply human nature, and they basically represent the same type of person. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Suddenly, poli-speak about a President and inflation is “unfair”.   😂. Google Joe Biden and “they gonna put y’all back in chains”, or take a look at the recap of the dem approach to the Brett Kavanaugh hearing for additional thoughts on fairness.  

Biden is the face of the dem party, and represents the sum total of 50 years in power in Washington.  Inflation running amok is going to land on his shoes, as surely as “blame the last guy!” will come from Team Biden.  

Finally, the amount of crazies on the left, and the amount of crazies on the right, is typically going to be about the same number.  It’s simply human nature, and they basically represent the same type of person. 

Nah - your party politics on the fringe and it’s not even close.

Just look at the party that controls the House - utter dysfunction. 

Look at the number of Never Trumpers in your party alone. Why are there so many?

And your weak argument about Biden and 50 years in office is laughable.  You are KIDDING yourself if you think Trump wouldn’t be seeing the same inflation if he were POTUS today.

You really do try hard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Look at the number of Never Trumpers in your party alone. Why are there so many?

And your weak argument about Biden and 50 years in office is laughable.  You are KIDDING yourself if you think Trump wouldn’t be seeing the same inflation if he were POTUS today.

You really do try hard.

Inflation is actually down as much as the Republicans would like to annoy that it’s a fact it’s down, while inflation is up all over the rest of the world

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

This is where we truley disagree. Who has more power/zealots and is activley putting in policies that are hurting this country. 

Christian extremism you think has power? What exactly are they doing? Trying to abolish abortion? I see that as a issue because its gone extreme. Sure. Trying to end contraceptives is nuts. Asking for a timeframe..not so much. Alot of the other things we are talking about are simply opposing liberal ideology..which is now considered right wing extreme. Easy to fear basic things like children books when the entire apparatus is proclaiming its fascism. Rated R movies have been a thing a loong time. Wheres the outrage been. Ect ect ect.

The crazies on the left "are very small"? Ok. Go to work and just openly talk about 2 genders with co workers. Its just a scientific fact that deserves descussion/debate? You comfortable enough to keep your job? That "a few" people in your sphere alone. How about if someone starts kicking in your door. You feel ok putting a few in the door to protect your family. Im in NY and im terrified ill spend the rest of my life in jail because of my "duty to flee". Large chunks of american stores have to close and lock items up due to lax crime laws. Liberal hatred of police has major shortfalls in recruiting of officers. Who in the world wants to do that now just to be hated and identified as evil for simply wearing a uniform. Immigration is swallowing budgets that was used needed for actual citizens and THE FEDERAL GOV wont even help its own blue cities saying they can take no more.

These things arent right wing conspiracies or just online, even if your not directly effected...yet. these arent miniscule fractions of a cult to be ignored. Im stuck in a blue state, i know very well the effects they have. 

Now what is it particularly that christian nationsist are doing that is more of a threat to day to day? Serious question. Im not seeing it. Conspiracy theorist has lost all meaning, especially after covid. What you really mean is people skeptical of main stream narratives. It used to be the left who fought for free speech. Who did not trust corporation paid media and definitely not the gov. 

Somewhere that flipped. Are you old enough to remember what liberalism stood for? Do you see how corrupt it has become? This isnt a small portion of the party like you think. Its completely changed.

Trump plays into anti establishment Crowd. That used to be the "hope and change" of the democrat's.  Now its there #1 threat.

You really comparing older liberals to MAGA?  That's....gross.  If all you have is cultural BS then you don't really have much.  What you can and can't say in the workplace?  I mean, are you upset you can't call anyone and everyone anything that pops into your head?  Again, that isnt much and frankly I don't care.  I mostly agree with the sentiment, some of these changes regarding sex/gender don't make sense to me.  But government hardly controls that.  

In terms of Christian Nationalism there is a lot wrong with it, and most of it comes from the crazies on your side but I'll boil it down to one thing because nothing else should be necessary.  Religion should never mix with politics in the US.  We do not have a state religion, so favoring one over others is against everything the founding fathers stood for.  It's antithetical to the very idea of our country.  Everyone that mentions god a lot that's in politics is grifting/manipulating.

Last, about freedom of speech.  Take a good look at those that gripe about freedom of speech the most.  You'll find a lot of them just want the freedom to lie.  Since Elon took over X my feed has been bombarded with right wing garbage.  The people that gripe the most about it have conspiracy laden BS they either have said or constantly say easily found.  You saying conspiracy has lost meaning is, well, meaningless.  People believe crazy, insane shiite.  Yeah once in a blue moon conspiracies end up being reality.  If you're batting .010 you shouldn't be proud of that.  

5 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

Thats what he tells us - right?

I prefer a POTUS who doesn't want to wage an all out war on democracy.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I said it's unfair to blame Biden but absolve Trump.  I don't think it's the fault of either to a great extent it being unprecedented times.  But, I will say it's disappointing we haven't done a better job with it this admin.  

With regard to the crazies it is not the same number.  Otherwise the left too would have stormed the white house when stolen election hyperbole was being bandied about in 2016.  Or perhaps you just think the left is more intelligent?  You have certifiably insane people being elected because maga has taken the party over.   

41 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Inflation is actually down as much as the Republicans would like to annoy that it’s a fact it’s down, while inflation is up all over the rest of the world

Agreed… meanwhile; Corporate America is seeing record profits and they would be gouging if Conald were POTUS, too. 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

You really do try hard.

They really do try hard.  It's weird, truly.  I would go independent so fast if dems did something like this.  If you can't stomach the other party that doesn't mean you have to defend insanity.  All for a fat silver spoon POS infant.   But hopefully the story will change soon with him rotting in jail.  No idea how likely that is but he is caught red-handed on the stolen documents so if there is any fairness in the world his money will not get him out of this.

10 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I said it's unfair to blame Biden but absolve Trump.  I don't think it's the fault of either to a great extent it being unprecedented times.  But, I will say it's disappointing we haven't done a better job with it this admin.  

I know, you complained about things being unfair to the incumbent, like it’s something new.  Heavy lies the crown. 

10 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

With regard to the crazies it is not the same number.  Otherwise the left too would have stormed the white house when stolen election hyperbole was being bandied about in 2016.  Or perhaps you just think the left is more intelligent?  You have certifiably insane people being elected because maga has taken the party over.   

Well, I suppose if your only standard is the 1/6 riot, with no consideration of violence, victimization and property damage on any day before or since, I can see how your point of view might be constricted.  Respectfully, though, you may be confusing the events that occurred on 1/6–horrible thought it was on many levels, with the Channing Tatum movie “White House Down”. 

As for the left and intelligence, I think there are many intelligent people who vote democrat and ascribe to liberal policies.   I know many personally.  At the same time, more than a few liberal-minded folks aren’t particularly intelligent, or are of average intelligence, who get caught up in the victimization politics pitched by people much smarter than they are.  I also think there are many liberal voters who are below average intelligence. 

For what it’s worth, the same applies to supporters of the right side of the aisle.  I really just think that’s the math on this sort of thing, and a reflection on society as a whole. 

I also think it’s fairly obvious, when looking at higher education as a measure, there are many liberals who walk out educated (systemically, anyways)  but are significantly lacking in common sense and some pretty basic math skills.  

I generally think you’re a pretty interesting poster, and probably a smart guy.  However, I’m not sure you personally offer anything in this post that leads me to believe you’re particularly intelligent.   Maybe this was your online 1/6 moment. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know, you complained about things being unfair to the incumbent, like it’s something new.  Heavy lies the crown. 

As for the left and intelligence, I think there are many intelligent people who vote democrat and ascribe to liberal policies.   I know many personally.  At the same time, more than a few liberal-minded folks aren’t particularly intelligent, or are of average intelligence, who get caught up in the victimization politics pitched by people much smarter than they are.  I also think there are many liberal voters who are below average intelligence. 

For what it’s worth, the same applies to supporters of the right side of the aisle.  I really just think that’s the math on this sort of thing, and a reflection on society as a whole. 

I also think it’s fairly obvious, when looking at higher education as a measure, there are many liberals who walk out educated (systemically, anyways)  but are significantly lacking in common sense and some pretty basic math skills.  

I generally think you’re a pretty interesting poster, and probably a smart guy.  However, I’m not sure you personally offer anything in this post that leads me to believe you’re particularly intelligent.   Maybe this was your online 1/6 moment. 

You used a lot of words to not say much.  Saying you can't blame the current guy in charge without placing blame on the last guy in charge doesn't mean...well never mind.  

As for conflating J6 with other violence/rioting/stupidity etc.  Well we know that's silly but that's what  the right does.  "Oh the left said 2016 was illegitimate too!".   Just, without inciting a group of neanderthal neckbeards trying to overthrow the government right?  "Trump just did what Gore did challenging the election".  It's humorous.  It should be beneath you (the collective you)  but, well, we haven't hit paydirt there yet have we?  You people will get there when orange McJesus actually suffers consequences for breaking the law.  Or croaks.  A pack of cross eyed hyenas picking at a big mac carcass.

• Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You used a lot of words to not say much.  Saying you can't blame the current guy in charge without placing blame on the last guy in charge doesn't mean...well never mind.  

As for conflating J6 with other violence/rioting/stupidity etc.  Well we know that's silly but that's what  the right does.  "Oh the left said 2016 was illegitimate too!".   Just, without inciting a group of neanderthal neckbeards trying to overthrow the government right?  "Trump just did what Gore did challenging the election".  It's humorous.  It should be beneath you (the collective you)  but, well, we haven't hit paydirt there yet have we?  You people will get there when orange McJesus actually suffers consequences for breaking the law.  Or croaks.  A pack of cross eyed hyenas picking at a big mac carcass.

The pink hatters that rioted and tried to stop the orange dudes swearing in in 2016 had neckbeards?  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-inauguration-protests-idUSKBN1540J7/

or the one at Lafyette square

Trump took shelter in White House bunker as protests raged | AP News

2 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You complained about fairness, L, like it's a thing in American politics.  I'm surprised you're surprised someone called you out for that.  

On the 1/6 issue, you're getting turned around a bit.  Your first post talked about the relative craziness of right v left in this way:

The difference is I only see those people (far left) online.  You won't believe me but they truly are a small, small portion of dem voters.  While conservatives.....Qanon has hundreds of thousands of....whatever the F you call them, fans/advocates i guess.  You have religious zealots openly advocating Christian Nationalism.  Conspiracy theorists EVERYWHERE.  

There is nothing here to suggest you were limiting your comments to the events of January 6, you're thinking there were "hundreds of thousands" present on 1/6? Now, when discussing anarchists on the left, you suddenly want to shift gears to "I don't want to talk about those people!".  I wouldn't want to talk about that either, if I was silly enough to offer an argument so quickly dispatched. 

L. Ron, if you completely disregard any aspects of rioting, civil commotion, death, destruction, and wrongdoing of any kind by the people you are looking to support, you'll be able to support your thesis that one side is full of crazies and the other (your) side just has some folks online.  It will just be bullsh*t. 

Yikes. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

CNN — 

Former President Donald Trump called for the termination of the Constitution to overturn the 2020 election and reinstate him to power Saturday in a continuation of his election denialism and pushing of fringe conspiracy theories.

“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,” Trump wrote in a post on the social network Truth Social and accused “Big Tech” of working closely with Democrats. “Our great ‘Founders’ did not want, and would not condone, False & Fraudulent Elections!”

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

DEMS using fear of the orange dude for political gain.

While everyone feals exactly how bad Bidens domestic and foreign agenda is.

Trump is a fascist and appeals to crazy people like you 

Biden, meanwhile, is doing fine 

• Eyeroll 1

L. Ron, if you completely disregard any aspects of rioting, civil commotion, death, destruction, and wrongdoing of any kind by the people you are looking to support, you'll be able to support your thesis that one side is full of crazies and the other (your) side just has some folks online.  It will just be bullsh*t. 

Yikes. 

Huh, strange.  Saying things are not the same is completely disregarding?  I question your comprehension but perhaps it's my wording.  All the left wing rioting/civil disobedience was wrong - all that broke the law should be jailed.  Still, it is not even in the same stratosphere as the damage from J6 and the new conservative party of alternative fact/conspiracy mongering.  The right's loons are more numerous, and far more dangerous to our democracy.  Thankfully they are observably stupid so you can usually see them coming from far off.  

• Eyeroll 1

20 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

You really comparing older liberals to MAGA?  That's....gross.  If all you have is cultural BS then you don't really have much.  What you can and can't say in the workplace?  I mean, are you upset you can't call anyone and everyone anything that pops into your head?  Again, that isnt much and frankly I don't care.  I mostly agree with the sentiment, some of these changes regarding sex/gender don't make sense to me.  But government hardly controls that.  

I talk about what liberalism stood for. How it no longer resembles itself and has flipped its values. Instead you pull out the comparison to MAGA. Its gross?

The fact i can go to a store today and see isles that have to be locked up due to lax crime laws and normalization of looting. I Read repeatedly as those same soft punishments on crime that release someone on the street who ends up finally taking lives. 

Immigration flooding cities where nyc mayor is slashing budgets, less libraries and police. Coming to a city near me, and has...read about the migrants delivered to my side of the state. Again with no federal action to stop the problem they caused and seemigly condone.

https://abc7ny.com/nyc-asylum-seekers-erie-county-migrant-shelters-ny/13745257/

"Eric County Executive Mark Poloncarz referenced two sex crimes involving migrants in his decision to request New York City no longer send migrants to the county. Poloncarz said Mayor Eric Adams agreed to the pause."

I can go on. I did.  But this isnt small "cutural bs" just because you do not  have the capacity to care about the effects or dont believe they are true. These are major shifts in society whether you acknowledge them or not. Then when i ask for a comparison, i get the below.

In terms of Christian Nationalism there is a lot wrong with it, and most of it comes from the crazies on your side but I'll boil it down to one thing because nothing else should be necessary.  Religion should never mix with politics in the US.  We do not have a state religion, so favoring one over others is against everything the founding fathers stood for.  It's antithetical to the very idea of our country.  Everyone that mentions god a lot that's in politics is grifting/manipulating.

So i give examples and get "these things should not mix"

no real examples of negatives happening today that i asked for. I gave you abortion/ contraception banning. Got anything substantial besides i dont like this If it ends up more in gov policy.

If not, what are you really standing on?

Last, about freedom of speech.  Take a good look at those that gripe about freedom of speech the most.  You'll find a lot of them just want the freedom to lie.  Since Elon took over X my feed has been bombarded with right wing garbage.  The people that gripe the most about it have conspiracy laden BS they either have said or constantly say easily found.  You saying conspiracy has lost meaning is, well, meaningless.  People believe crazy, insane shiite.  Yeah once in a blue moon conspiracies end up being reality.  If you're batting .010 you shouldn't be proud of that.  

Im not sure what you get in your feed. I also dont care. I think your a adult who can make a logical distinction between bs and truth. what you think should be directed toward X to make ignoring authors or topics easier. But thats not what the left wants. They want to decide for me. They dont seem concerned about gov encroachment in those decisions for others. They think words are violece and every voice that opposess theirs should no longer have one...for our saftey. I dont see those calls from the right. Very liberal of them.

Just not seeing the threat you do from that side and you have not articulated much substance as real world effects. It mostly sounds like fear of what may happen. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Huh, strange.  Saying things are not the same is completely disregarding?  I question your comprehension but perhaps it's my wording.  All the left wing rioting/civil disobedience was wrong - all that broke the law should be jailed.  Still, it is not even in the same stratosphere as the damage from J6 and the new conservative party of alternative fact/conspiracy mongering.  The right's loons are more numerous, and far more dangerous to our democracy.  Thankfully they are observably stupid so you can usually see them coming from far off.  

Your wording was problematic only in the sense that what you thought you were saying, and what you actually said, was not the same thing.  If it helps you in some small way to assume I didn't understand what you didn't say, I'm happy to shoulder that burden. 

We can agree that Jan 6 was a stain on our nation.  Interestingly, you stumbled upon something that has been quite troubling to me.  You wrote:

Thankfully they are observably stupid so you can usually see them coming from far off.  

If you, a guy who can't remember from one post to another what he wrote, can "see them coming from far off", how did a bunch of crazies overrun the Capitol in less time than it takes to get through the gate(s) at a Bills home game?   And, why are three years in with so many questions unanswered as to who was responsible for security, how they completely missed the warning signs even you can see, and what has been done to ensure it never happens again?

16 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your wording was problematic only in the sense that what you thought you were saying, and what you actually said, was not the same thing.  If it helps you in some small way to assume I didn't understand what you didn't say, I'm happy to shoulder that burden. 

We can agree that Jan 6 was a stain on our nation.  Interestingly, you stumbled upon something that has been quite troubling to me.  You wrote:

Thankfully they are observably stupid so you can usually see them coming from far off.  

If you, a guy who can't remember from one post to another what he wrote, can "see them coming from far off", how did a bunch of crazies overrun the Capitol in less time than it takes to get through the gate(s) at a Bills home game?   And, why are three years in with so many questions unanswered as to who was responsible for security, how they completely missed the warning signs even you can see, and what has been done to ensure it never happens again?

Id personally like to know the difference between a fundamental attack on our democracy and a very mild ignorable seige on the WH. One that burned a historic church until our president is sent in a bunker. I remembered alot of laughing and mocking of the event.

is the security required to prevent the perpetrators the only difference here? Seems like it. If so, not alot of attention on the people responsable for the complete lack of providing it on JAN 6th. 

Guess trump should have had lax security and have segments open the gates the same way. It might not be so easily ignored then.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

I talk about what liberalism stood for. How it no longer resembles itself and has flipped its values. Instead you pull out the comparison to MAGA. Its gross?

I can go on. I did.  But this isnt small "cultural bs" just because you do not  have the capacity to care about the effects or dont believe they are true. These are major shifts in society whether you acknowledge them or not. Then when i ask for a comparison, i get the below.

Im not sure what you get in your feed. I also dont care. I think your an adult who can make a logical distinction between bs and truth. what you think should be directed toward X to make ignoring authors or topics easier. But thats not what the left wants. They want to decide for me. They dont seem concerned about gov encroachment in those decisions for others. They think words are violence and every voice that opposes theirs should no longer have one...for our safety. I dont see those calls from the right. Very liberal of them.

Thank you for articulating what it feels like to be a disaffected liberal Democrat.  There is a growing authoritarianism on the left that is both disheartening and a bit frightening, and there are large swaths of under-40 types on the left who strongly identify as anarchists and/or Marxists, especially young women.  My wife, her friends, and basically every late-millennial early Gen-Zer she teaches in her college program ascribe to this new way of thinking.  Shutdown, shame and eject any heterodox thought that could possibly challenge current social justice dogma.  Go watch the Evergreen State or Yale Halloween struggle session videos.  That is the type of illiberalism that is inculcated in young progressives who are now taking the reins of power in our institutions.  For anyone not already indoctrinated in their church, this should alarm you.

When I rant about this stuff, it has nothing to do with Trump or implicate any sort of support for him or right-wing politics in general.  Just because they happen to be correct about Woke insanity, doesn't mean I believe they are correct about much of anything else.  As far as I'm concerned, Trump has fascist tendencies and I do not trust him with what remains of our democracy.  I will continue to support traditional liberal Democratic ideals, but I won't sit silently while the party is hijacked by formerly fringe weirdos.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

There is a growing authoritarianism on the left that is both disheartening and a bit frightening, and there are large swaths of under-40 types on the left who strongly identify as anarchists and/or Marxists, especially young women. 

Hoax