2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Those are the things they are making sure doesn't keep going on for 4 more years. Talk about not wanting to relive the past 4 years of Riots, Camps, Coups, Intolerance, and especially Segregation....

Edited by TBBills

On 10/26/2020 at 12:55 PM, Backintheday544 said:

Another stat that Republicans should be worried about:

By Tuesday, more than 601,000 Black Americans had voted early in Georgia compared with about 286,240 two weeks before the 2016 election.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/26/politics/black-voter-turnout-election-trnd/index.html

I live in Georgia. Im a Trump supporter and firmly believe he’ll win Georgia no problem. 

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

I live in Georgia. Im a Trump supporter and firmly believe he’ll win Georgia no problem. 

That reminds me of a friend of mine in 2012. He lived in rural Illinois and swore to me Obama would lose Illinois because everything he was seeing where he lives.

It’s not exactly the same, but sometimes personal bias can force you to ignore facts right in front of you. For example, none of the polls are showing an easy win for Trump in GA. Trump campaigning in GA shows internal polls require him to. 

GA will be close. Early voting is showing numbers that should concern Republicans. However, we still don’t know what kind of turnout Republicans will get on Election Day.

One thing that crossed my mind with the current spike of COVID cases, how many people planning to vote the third will not be able to sue to COVID? Don’t forget Trump barely won a couple of states last time.

The other big issue I’ve not really seen a good explanation for is how Trump will get the people that voted third party last time to vote for him. Polls showed a large chunk of third party voters being people on the left who didn’t want to vote Hilary.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

That reminds me of a friend of mine in 2012. He lived in rural Illinois and swore to me Obama would lose Illinois because everything he was seeing where he lives.

It’s not exactly the same, but sometimes personal bias can force you to ignore facts right in front of you. For example, none of the polls are showing an easy win for Trump in GA. Trump campaigning in GA shows internal polls require him to. 

GA will be close. Early voting is showing numbers that should concern Republicans. However, we still don’t know what kind of turnout Republicans will get on Election Day.

One thing that crossed my mind with the current spike of COVID cases, how many people planning to vote the third will not be able to sue to COVID? Don’t forget Trump barely won a couple of states last time.

The other big issue I’ve not really seen a good explanation for is how Trump will get the people that voted third party last time to vote for him. Polls showed a large chunk of third party voters being people on the left who didn’t want to vote Hilary.

Excellent post! 

Georgia is another one of those Sunbelt states like Texas, North Carolina, and Arizona that are undergoing significant demographic change because of the influx of migrants into their biggest cities.  They are becoming much like New York, California, Illinois, Washington, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania where the large urban metros -- the cities and their suburbs -- dominate the political conversation because that's where the bulk of the population lives.   I think that Georgia not only is a Biden win, but the two Democrats running for the Senate, Ossuff and Warnock, will also win, although Warnock will likely face a January run off.

I think that the spiking coronavirus cases around the country, and especially in the Upper Midwest, is going to suppress Election Day voting.   I think Republicans whose families and friends have been infected and are fighting coronavirus are incensed at Trump and his sycophants' Grand Superspreader Tour and will stay home if they don't trudge to the polls to vote against Trump.   I think that many people in the worst hit states who have not yet voted will not vote at all, regardless of party, and part of that will be because the Republicans have worked so hard to suppress mail-in voting.  I expect that the vote on Election Day to be significantly less than the 90+ million votes already cast, probably in in the neighborhood of 60-65 million, but possibly less due to coronavirus concerns.   The biggest jump in votes cast occurred between the 2000 and 2004 elections when about 17 million more people voted in 2004 than in 2000.

Trump has made absolutely no effort to court any voting segment except his base all through this campaign.  That gives him about 40% of the population except that he's literally been killing off some of that base with his Superspreader Tours to coronavirus hotspots since the summer.   Even if he gets 90% of his base to vote for him, that's still only 36% of the electorate.  While it's true that it's the Electoral College that matters, he's been consistently behind in the battleground states he needs to win to get to 270, namely Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, and fighting to keep traditionally red states like Georgia and Texas with few indications that his Grand Superspreader Tour is making any headway.    

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

Biden Pledges to Gut Religious Freedom Protections, Saying They Give 'Hate' a 'Safe Harbor'

by Tyler O´Neil

Original Article

I’m glad the people spewing nonsensical propaganda like this won’t have a hero in the WH anymore 

31 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I’m beginning to think North Carolina will make Pennsylvania’s results not as important. A Biden win in NC would end the Trump presidency in all probability and Biden has a lead there 

20 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I’m glad the people spewing nonsensical propaganda like this won’t have a hero in the WH anymore 

I’m beginning to think North Carolina will make Pennsylvania’s results not as important. A Biden win in NC would end the Trump presidency in all probability and Biden has a lead there 

Essentially election night will be all about determining if Trump has a chance to win later in the week. The states that are likely to have declared winners on election night are states that are locks that aren't really worth discussing and the southern battlegrounds (Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, and Texas) where if Biden wins one of them, it likely means he has it in the bag and if Trump wins all of them, we turn our eyes to the Midwest + PA later in the week.

Edit: Particularly, Florida, Arizona and North Carolina are the ones to watch. Texas and Georgia could lag into the next day or two if it's too close to call but those first 3 should give us a winner on election night and if any of them go for Biden it'll be nearly impossible for Trump to win.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Essentially election night will be all about determining if Trump has a chance to win later in the week. The states that are likely to have declared winners on election night are either states that are locks that aren't really worth discussing and the southern battlegrounds (Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, and Texas) where if Biden wins one of them, it likely means he has it in the bag and if Trump wins all of them, we turn our eyes to the Midwest + PA later in the week.

Edit: Particularly, Florida, Arizona and North Carolina are the ones to watch. Texas and Georgia could lag into the next day or two if it's too close to call but those first 3 should give us a winner on election night and if any of them go for Biden it'll be nearly impossible for Trump to win.

I think NC will put this one the bed. If it calls Biden the winner its all over 

Now.............how would he know that ?

ADDED:

Can you imagine the reaction if the Texas GOP AG was calling the race before the votes were counted?

Edited by B-Man

Legit question, how does anyone support Biden?  I can understand if you don't view Trump favorably, but how the heck do people like this guy?

The guy is a phony politician who just talks like he hasn't ever been in office with the ability to make changes.  The guy used his time in office to get his family ahead, instead of America ahead, yet don't worry about him telling you how much he is going to do for the middle class.

Biden supporters: What has Biden done that makes you feel confident that he can successfully lead this country into his 80s?

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Legit question, how does anyone support Biden?  I can understand if you don't view Trump favorably, but how the heck do people like this guy?

The guy is a phony politician who just talks like he hasn't ever been in office with the ability to make changes.  The guy used his time in office to get his family ahead, instead of America ahead, yet don't worry about him telling you how much he is going to do for the middle class.

Biden supporters: What has Biden done that makes you feel confident that he can successfully lead this country into his 80s?

We have a two party system. I feel both suck, I wanted Corey Booker. However, since I have to pick between 2 bumbling dementia ridden old men, I prefer Biden.

Every thing I’ve heard Republicans say about Biden can be said about Trump.

Plus if either passed due to old age, I’d much rather have Harris running the country than Pence.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

We have a two party system. I feel both suck, I wanted Corey Booker. However, since I have to pick between 2 bumbling dementia ridden old men, I prefer Biden.

Every thing I’ve heard Republicans say about Biden can be said about Trump.

Plus if either passed due to old age, I’d much rather have Harris running the country than Pence.

See I don't agree with that one bit.  Trump has great international relationships, I'm honestly scared for our safety with Biden as President.  The guy is going to get taken advantage of.  Trump has also been great for the economy (before COVID).  Biden's plan to tax the rich is not how you build a strong overall economy.

17 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Hahahah morally repulsive, I don't think republicans are allowed to call anything morally repulsive after the last 4 years this country has gone through.

Note:

NO response to the fact that Joe Biden's statement is false,

he gloms on to the comment Shapiro made like a life vest.