What do you do?

USMCBillsFan

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a BS in Electrical Engineering from Buff State 1977. But in the last bunch of years I have moved to the dark side and became a PMI certified PMP. I specialize in PMO and contract management and compliance. Mrs Surf is a Systems Architect. We're DINKS and we like it that way.

Ever since grade school I'm still living for the weekend.

Own a small consuting buiness based in Richmond . We focus on IT Compliance and Software Asset Management, as well as how these areas tie into SOX , specifically section 404.

In the process of developing our KILLER App that I believe will set me up for life, but much work to be done on that.

We preach daily to our clients about the travails of unfrettered access to the internet, so the old adage do i what say, not what i do in full force here.

...head of Human Resources for a mid-size biotechnology company (and we have lots of openings for people with biotech experience, so PM me if you're qualified and interested or know anyone who might be!)

:blink:

Screenwriter.

And the answers to your questions are, in order:

Yes.

No.

She's a pig.

He's REALLY short.

And no, you don't have a great idea for a movie, you have a great idea for a napkin.

308941[/snapback]

:blink: You left out the answers for the aspiring actors/actresses. Or was that the "No?"

Customer Service Logistics Analyst

When my company sold my division to another company, my boss said he needed to put down my job title, so I made that up - he liked it. I thought it sounded rather impressive myself! :w00t:

I have no job description. I do everything from taking computer spare parts orders over the phone, to managing ISO 9000 Quality issues (writing procedures and auditing), to managing projects that I know nothing about (I make sure people who KNOW what they are doing are in place and delivering what they promise on time), to devising economic, customer friendly support strategies for new products.

There have been times when I spoke to people in Canada, Mexico, U.S., England, and Italy all in the same day.

It has slowed WAY down so it is mostly a paycheck now until I find another career. At 51, I am not in a hurry. :blink:

I spend breakfast, lunch and a few breaks here.

vendor analyst for circuit city

I was just curious. I see a number of people that post consistently throughout each and every day and was wondering what some of you did that allowed you the time to post so much.

I am obviously in the Marines and am the fiscal officer for the Camp Lejeune Disbursing office. I am in charge of a 175 million dollar account. Fortunately I am in charge so I have my worker bees that do the bulk and I just certify the accounts. That allows me time to be on here.  :blink:

308803[/snapback]

i didn't know any of them. i got this job just about that same time, i was in the chesterfield store prior to that

Pooj, I hope all is well there after the crash.My sympathies if  you were close to them. Man that sucked.

309022[/snapback]

Not many blue collars on this board. Where are you all?

I am a driver for UPS but am out on disability at the time being, with a broken back. Going back to work May 1st, thank god. I am bored shitless.

And no, I am not a Dale Jarrett fan.

Not many blue collars on this board.  Where are you all?

I am a driver for UPS but am out on disability at the time being, with a broken back.  Going back to work May 1st, thank god.  I am bored shitless.

And no, I am not a Dale Jarrett fan.

309033[/snapback]

Blue collars do have to actually work. It's the middle of the day.

varnson, vandelay......

yeah I'm a full-time college student @ UB by day and a pizza delivery guy for Domino's(Amherst) by night.

Exciting? no. Easy, well the dominos part is. But i rarely have class before noon and can post pretty much whenever iw ant to from almost wherever i want to because campus has so much internet access.

However, I spend less time wondering why so many people are on in the day than I do wishing there were more on after midnight, when i have the most time to read and post.

I own my own automation software development company. Three employees so far and half a million in revenue on target for this year. Virtually my entire day is spent on the computer/phone verifying project specifications and developing GUIs. My employees and I each work from our homes right now, which will likely change soon as we're getting ready to hire two more employees and will need to get office space.

However, the present situation allows me to be with my son all day. It's simply wonderful to wake my boy in the morning, feed him, read the paper with him, and then hang out with him in my office until Mom is back from the gym, showered and done with breakfast.

There is not a person alive more fortunate or blessed them me.

I own my own automation software development company. Three employees so far and half a million in revenue on target for this year. Virtually my entire day is spent on the computer/phone verifying project specifications and developing GUIs. My employees and I each work from our homes right now, which will likely change soon as we're getting ready to hire two more employees and will need to get office space.

However, the present situation allows me to be with my son all day. It's simply wonderful to wake my boy in the morning, feed him, read the paper with him, and then hang out with him in my office until Mom is back from the gym, showered and done with breakfast.

There is not a person alive more fortunate or blessed them me.

309171[/snapback]

Did you find his Mom on your "pretty lady website"? :blink:

Does that pay well? :blink:

309198[/snapback]

It's ridiculous what a dating coach makes.

Intro 1.5 hour session $80

Every other lesson $60 per hour.

Sometimes you can get a package, 10 lessons for $500.

Go ahead and go to law school. I'm taking my clients out to the club tonight. :w00t: