What do you do?

USMCBillsFan

Telephone Systems Technician....You know me,I'm the guy that comes in to your business and shuts down your phone system at the worst possible time for the worst possible reason.

You know...the guy who induces static onto the line you are talking on so that you have to hang up so I can test the line.

The guy who accidently listens in to your "private" (hahahahahahahaha) conversations.

Fun times.

I am a night poster/reader and rarely have internet access during the day unless I hijack a customer pc or a network connection.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just curious. I see a number of people that post consistently throughout each and every day and was wondering what some of you did that allowed you the time to post so much.

I am obviously in the Marines and am the fiscal officer for the Camp Lejeune Disbursing office. I am in charge of a 175 million dollar account. Fortunately I am in charge so I have my worker bees that do the bulk and I just certify the accounts. That allows me time to be on here.  :devil:

308803[/snapback]

I'm a Print Operator for a company that manufactures CD's and DVD's. I work 12 hr shifts so I'm on here at home and at work, this board has gotten me through some long nights! ;)

Screenwriter.

And the answers to your questions are, in order:

Yes.

No.

She's a pig.

He's REALLY short.

And no, you don't have a great idea for a movie, you have a great idea for a napkin.

308941[/snapback]

ok so here is my idea for a great movie..

you take this one cop.....who does everything by the book....and you have this other cop....who is a "break all the rules" kind of guy....and you partner them up and watch all the fun unfold. :devil:

ok so here is my idea for a great movie..

you take this one cop.....who does everything by the book....and you have this other cop....who is a "break all the rules" kind of guy....and you partner them up and watch all the fun unfold.    :devil:

310037[/snapback]

When is the Perfect Strangers movie coming out?

just curious..

do you work for Tompson ?

310034[/snapback]

Well, these days you have a 50% chance of being right, and given that I live in Rochester your percentage just went way up. :devil:

Sorry I can't release our trade secrets! :w00t:  BTW I worked in Syracuse for 41/2 years.

310001[/snapback]

Easy street. If you predict snow from October 15 to May 15th, you stand a better than average chance of being right.

Seriously though, fascinating stuff. The models you must work with have to be just ridiculous.

I'm a Chief Warrant Officer in the Coast Guard.  I work in network operations.  I have to check to make sure our Internet connection stays up.  Also, I've been in for almost 22 years, so I do pretty much what I want to do.

308838[/snapback]

God dont say that. You will bring down the wrath of many who just because they pay taxes, will criticize you for being lazy, overpaid, stupid, your job must be easy, anyone can do it for $3.00 bucks an hour and you should never have a vacation, just because their taxes may be applied in small part to your salary.

I have had teacher salary arguments with people here in the past.

God dont say that. You will bring down the wrath of many who just because they pay taxes, will criticize you for being lazy, overpaid, stupid, your job must be easy, anyone can do it for $3.00 bucks an hour and you should never have a vacation, just because their taxes may be applied in small part to your salary.

311207[/snapback]

Been there, done that when it comes to that rhetoric. Yeah, all federal employees are lazy blah blah blah...

Entrepreneur. Starting up another business as we speak. Storage business.

I have in the past performed these tasks and roles

1) Software Engineer

2) Dept. Manager

3) CTO

4) CEO of my own startup company

5) Real Estate Appraiser

6) Real Estate Agent

7) Data Entry for accounting firm in LA

8) Fast Food Cook

9) Dishwasher

10) Race Horse Groom

11) Steel Mill laboror

12) Factory Worker - many different factories

13) Department Store Clerk

14) Painter

15) Mink farm worker

16) Salesman for various products

Have you ever seen Office Space? Yeah. That's what I do. What exactly, you ask?  It doesn't matter, it's all corporate junk!

311466[/snapback]

Ummm, Yeeeeeah, I'm gonna have to have you go ahead and come on in Saturday to work. Oh yeah, and Sunday too.

I am a federal agent who surfs web boards looking for criminals intent on downloading, copying and selling illegal movies and audios.

This place has been a boon and I have received several promotions due to the leads I have received on this board alone.

I am a federal agent who surfs web boards looking for criminals intent on downloading, copying and selling illegal movies and audios. 

This place has been a boon and I have received several promotions due to the leads I have received on this board alone.

311560[/snapback]

Priceless :huh:

Ummm, Yeeeeeah, I'm gonna have to have you go ahead and come on in Saturday to work.  Oh yeah, and Sunday too.

311476[/snapback]

All of us here collectively refer to our shop as "Initrode." I think we actually have a bit more artificial red-tape than good 'ol Initech.

That one's a classic.

I'm a Print Operator for a company that manufactures CD's and DVD's. I work 12 hr shifts so I'm on here at home and at work, this board has gotten me through some long nights! :rolleyes:

309985[/snapback]

Just curious, what company do you work for??

I'm a Warehouse Supervisor for Deluxe Media (DVD and VHS), also 12hr night shift.

311560[/snapback]

Hey, what kind of software could i use to download dvd quality movies? Also, what program could i use to burn the files onto a dvd, and possibly what program will bypass copy protected dvd content?? fezmid, help me on this!

I'm a pre K teacher in a public school for kids with developmental and learning delays (think short bus, and yes we have a sense of humor about our jobs!)

Hey, what kind of software could i use to download dvd quality movies?  Also, what program could i use to burn the files onto a dvd, and possibly what program will bypass copy protected dvd content??  fezmid, help me on this!

Umm, I think you have me confused with someone else... :rolleyes:

I can answer the second question though -- Ulead DVD Workshop is great for making DVDs. That's what I use for the wedding videos I do.

CW