Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

11 hours ago, Plano said:

still unsure as to why he didn't flick the cop a stack of $.

cop probably trying to make a name for himself.

yawn

cops in this case were responding to a citizen complaint that claimed oliver was driving erratically. They weren’t trailing him and decided to jam him up once they found out who he was.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

cops in this case were responding to a citizen complaint that claimed oliver was driving erratically. They weren’t trailing him and decided to jam him up once they found out who he was.

still should have flicked them a stack or two. Really would have made the problem go away. 

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Having an under the limit BAL won’t make him smarter in this scenario doc.  

No adderall won’t be a problem if he’s got that piece of paper.

How do you figure?  No over-the-limit BAC...no case, no charges and no suspension.

And if he's got a history if ADHD, he's got a paper.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

How do you figure?  No over-the-limit BAC...no case, no charges and no suspension.

Did he have an open beer? That alone speaks to making a bad decision and is illegal. If he learns from this I will not bash him since no one got hurt.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was dumb enough to put himself in this position (drinking, driving, gun) , having tested for a BAL under .08 doesn't make him any smarter.  

The last guy who was suspended for adderall had a paper, then he didn't have a paper.  It's not a given.  Player has to request one and one has to be granted.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Did he have an open beer? That alone speaks to making a bad decision and is illegal. If he learns from this I will not bash him since no one got hurt.

Unless he was over-the-limit, the open beer can doesn't bother me.  But yes, hopefully he learns from it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

He was dumb enough to put himself in this position (drinking, driving, gun) , having tested for a BAL under .08 doesn't make him any smarter.  

The last guy who was suspended for adderall had a paper, then he didn't have a paper.  It's not a given.  Player has to request one and one has to be granted.

There's a difference between being dumb and criminal.  If (only) people got arrested for being dumb...

Just now, Back2Buff said:

How long are people going to hold onto some made up BAC justification?  It really takes this long to get the results?

No, they have it pretty quickly.  The results haven't been made public.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'd be shocked if the Bills did not handle this formality.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

There's a difference between being dumb and criminal.  If (only) people got arrested for being dumb...

No, they have it pretty quickly.  The results haven't been made public.

It's a spectrum...

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

There are two conflicting reports. One, that it was between his legs, the other that it was in his passenger side door. If it was in his passenger side door, I would hardly call that a red flag. 

Edited by Mango

20 minutes ago, Mango said:

There are two conflicting reports. One, that it was between his legs, the other that it was in his passenger side door. If it was in his passenger side door, I would hardly call that a red flag. 

I will agree- I had only read the version in between his legs- If it was in passengers side door and he was below BAC then I hope he has no punishment. If either is true a small punishment is due 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will agree- I had only read the version in between his legs- If it was in passengers side door and he was below BAC then I hope he has no punishment. If either is true a small punishment is due 

So if he's below the limit but the can was between his legs, he deserves punishment?

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

So if he's below the limit but the can was between his legs, he deserves punishment?

It is a non moving violation. He'll get a ticket and it will be expunged by end of year if that is the case. Also, empty cans count as "open container". So even if the beer was in the passenger door or his lap (spit cup if he chews), he still gets popped with open container. 

I am guessing that the dude was flying through a construction zone, changing lanes and not signaling because of his trailer and no shoulder. Somebody called and complained. Cops see a beer in a cup holder and use it as reason to search the truck and test get his BAC. What he actually gets charged with will be dependent on his BAC. I have a feeling that he'll get some sort of speeding/reckless driving and maybe an open container ticket. No DUI and no gun charge (because no DUI). 

Honestly though, I don't know. Just sort of trying to piecemeal together a bunch of reports, some of them are different.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Having an open can of beer is illegal- I think. At that point I am not sure the NFL needs to be in involved but some community service would be good.

57 minutes ago, Mango said:

Probably put it in the door before he got out.  

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

I'd be shocked if the Bills did not handle this formality.

Dion Jordan was shocked to learn his TUE was not valid when he tested positive.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Probably put it in the door before he got out.  

Have you ever driven an F250? That makes zero logistical sense.  I had a 1500 and would swap out for the 250 SD for cross country trips. Oliver and I have near identical heights and wing spans. He is slightly shorter, my wing span is about half an inch shorter. He’s got over 100 lbs on me, so likely my arms are longer but he has wider shoulders. 

There is no way he is just reaching over to put in the door before getting out. He would need to almost lay down across the seat flat to do that. 250 is about 5.5 feet across. His wing span is about 6’5. He’s a foot short of the cup holder is at shoulder height. But it’s not. It’s about 3 feet lower in the footwell.