Duke Williams Fred Jackson Comparison

Its starting to feel like this guy is Fred Jackson 2.0. They were both similar ages when they stuck in the NFL... they both have elite size and enough speed for their position and are crafty. They both came from alternative lower leagues... They both posted huge games in their first year. Both high character guys. I'm rooting for this guy. I think it's going to be a FIERCE battle between him and Hodges. I think that Houston game gave him alot of confidence and also a big chip on his shoulder.

Edited by akcash
  • Thank you (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

106 yards in a playoff game... I'd say that's not a small game.

Edit.

Oh my bad I thought he had 106... I guess it was only 49 yards.

I guess it was 108 in the Jets game. 

Edited by akcash
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

What about the part where he dropped the td then we blew the lead.    

Could he have caught it? Sure. I wouldn’t call it a drop. The DB made a decent play on the ball

Also, I don’t know about high character and this could be wrong: wasn’t duke in all sorts of issues in college, dismissed from the team, etc. 

not that it makes him a bad guy, but not sure where OP is getting “good character” from. 

does he work hard? Does he want to win? Sure, so does 95% of practice squad level players 

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

He did not drop that ball. The DB knocked it out. Williams made several key contested catches in that game; people seem to forget that and want to hate on him for not making a spectacular highlight-reel catch in the end zone. The blame on Williams on this board has been way out of hand.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

The D back was pulling his arm away from the catch, it was PI and it was shown to be so on film review, do I wish he pulled it in? Damn right I do, we all do.  I suspect we will see a leaner quicker Duke this season, he finished the season .6 behind Beasley in catch percentage, virtually tied for 2nd best of the wide receivers this past season. Sadly the receivers  to include TEs and RBs have had the dropsies for two consecutive seasons. Fix that alone and we score more and win more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Stretch of the century.

FredEx is a legend. Duke is a pipe dream

disclaimer: I’m not knocking duke as a player/person, but rather, just think so highly of what Freddy J did, and meant to this city during the drought years

Yes...but whose?

31 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Wasn’t there an entire thread on here showing that it was in fact a drop? 

Found it! 

I had to sift through about 10 Duke threads from around the playoff game to find the right one, but here it is: 

If you want to preserve your sanity and avoid sifting through 12 pages of ridiculousness, here's the nail in the "it wasn't a drop" argument's coffin. 

you shall see the truth, and the truth shall set you free...

@Don Otreply
@Giuseppe Tognarelli
@EmotionallyUnstable

Now, that doesn't mean Duke can't be a good player, but I doubt he makes the team over the young blood brought in. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think he ends up on the PS. We drafted two players who are as big, if but not bigger, as fast, if not faster and both have better hands and better backgrounds. This + Diggs equals PS to me. Same fate probably for Foster and maybe for McKenzie.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I think he ends up on the PS. We drafted two players who are as big, if but not bigger, as fast, if not faster and both have better hands and better backgrounds. This + Diggs equals PS to me. Same fate probably for Foster and maybe for McKenzie.

Yeah, they're both as big and faster (Gabriel much more so) than Duke.