How McDermott and Frazier confuse offenses

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Yup.  Poorly coached, poorly executed, and no communication between front office and coach could not have helped.  Rex/Rob couldn't get the call in and get guys lined up on either side of the ball. 

I think this sums up Rex's tenure. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000764204/article/rex-ryan-buffalo-bills-10men-fail-cost-us-the-game

With the playoffs on the line, we have 10 men on the field because Rex subbed in a guy Whaley released during the week.

And then blamed Whaley in his post game presser. The bloke wouldn't know accountability if it put up 80 points on his ***** defense.

39 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Do you happen to know who the player was?

I can't find the article anymore but I recall a scathing tell all about the dysfunction at One Bills Drive during Rex and Whaley era which discussed this topic.  Looking back at the transactions the only move that makes sense is James Ihedigbo being IR'd around that time.  

Anyone remember what I am talking about?  This came out well after Rex and Doug were fired.  It was a big tell all which confirmed a lot of the rumors which had floated around during the time.

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Rex's scheme was all over the place . He had too many players playing different techniques and putting square pegs in round holes

Sean's defense has complex coverages in the back half but he can simplify it down to 1 read. They only need to key on 1 guy not 3 different factors

Didn't evolve to this era.  Buffalo also didn't really have the personnel to run it - outside of man cover CBs.  They needed to bring in a real NT, and play dareus and williams at end.  Hughes would need to play rush LBs.  Losing Aaron williams back to back years was a big blow, but i don't think corey graham was what they needed at safety either - that was a big problem on the back end.  They had no depth there either.

18 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Rex's scheme was all over the place . He had too many players playing different techniques and putting square pegs in round holes

Sean's defense has complex coverages in the back half but he can simplify it down to 1 read. They only need to key on 1 guy not 3 different factors

Anyone that wants to see the pitfalls of Rex’s D need only re-watch the Gronk TD against NRC in 2016.

You know, the one where the Bills made 2 different coverage checks in less than 30 seconds, the last of which left straight man coverage in the secondary and everyone on the Pats****** knew it?

Flappy arm check - RAT call. Man coverage. Hmmm, let’s see, 6’6” 265 lb TE singled up with a 5’7” 170 lb corner? Looks good to me.

Best part about it? NE showed the same White-to-the-flat motion later in the quarter, and we made the exact same check ? 

Unbelievable.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Well Sean used quarters coverage more than anything last year and both our safeties can take infinite ground away playing that technique

You could also disguise it in 50 different ways. There's a reason we weren't beat over the top last year

who did they play last year with a good long game? 

Houston got them once and almost a second time, but Duck, Brady, Darnold, Fitz,  Lamar... I’m trying to think where they were even tested over the top.

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

Good interview with nickel safety Dean Marlowe with his extended analysis of some plays.  His commentary shows the mental side of his play not just the physical

Yes and he appears to have a great concept of how it works which allows him to be a teacher by showing on field what the coaches are talking and blackboarding.

He also has a very good voice.  I think any player Bills cut (and somebody will be cut) will be a player other teams will look hard at. 

3 hours ago, Old Coot said:

Good interview with nickel safety Dean Marlowe with his extended analysis of some plays.  His commentary shows the mental side of his play not just the physical.

It was nice to see all the NYJ plays with the depth playing against their starters.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:29 PM, Jauronimo said:

I can't find the article anymore but I recall a scathing tell all about the dysfunction at One Bills Drive during Rex and Whaley era which discussed this topic.  Looking back at the transactions the only move that makes sense is James Ihedigbo being IR'd around that time.  

Anyone remember what I am talking about?  This came out well after Rex and Doug were fired.  It was a big tell all which confirmed a lot of the rumors which had floated around during the time.

I dont think I was listening to WGR daily like I have been the last few years, so I totally missed/forgot that there were only 10 men on the field on that play.  If you do happen to remember/find out, let me know, that kind of stuff is always interesting to me.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Damn. Dov really doesn’t like Josh...

It was a tough assessment of the game.  But mostly on point.  Crazy game for Josh.  He really needed a competent/experienced play caller after that first drive glow wore off.

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He looked like he was going to have a heart attack at one point on the sidelines during the game.... think he got a little overwhelmed. Inexperience did him in. 

Drowning man