Trump v Vance

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Manhattan prosecutor agrees to shelve subpoena for Trump tax returns

</snip>

But Vance has agreed to temporarily shelve the subpoena against Trump’s accounting firm, Mazars USA. The delay allows for another round of litigation, extending the nearly yearlong court battle over the subpoena in which Trump has lost every bout, including a landmark decision last month at the Supreme Court.

</snip>

As a result of the deal, Trump has at least one more opportunity to argue in court that the subpoena for his tax records is unlawful. The 2nd Circuit will hear arguments Sept. 1.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

• 1 month later...

I have spoken to the idea of Trump's taxes many times in this forum, and I will say it again:

1) Most people have no idea how real estate taxes work in regards to depreciation and what you pay, when.

2) The Feds ALWAYS get their money. You can delay as often aspossible while alive (including depreciation, 1031s, etc), but the Feds will get their taxes eventually. (Note: some years you owe. You may not have made any money, but due to circumstances you owe, and owe big. The Feds do not care, they want their check. They have zero ***** to give on where you get that money.)

Now, since Trump is so many years into this, I would hope he's been paying next to nothing due to depreciation and exchanges for many years. If he is not, he needs to fire his accountants. 🙂

• Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have spoken to the idea of Trump's taxes many times in this forum, and I will say it again:

1) Most people have no idea how real estate taxes work in regards to depreciation and what you pay, when.

2) The Feds ALWAYS get their money. You can delay as often aspossible while alive (including depreciation, 1031s, etc), but the Feds will get their taxes eventually. (Note: some years you owe. You may not have made any money, but due to circumstances you owe, and owe big. The Feds do not care, they want their check. They have zero ***** to give on where you get that money.)

Now, since Trump is so many years into this, I would hope he's been paying next to nothing due to depreciation and exchanges for many years. If he is not, he needs to fire his accountants. 🙂

Or he could have been a better real estate developer.   Legal deductions aside, the goal is always to generate a profit.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

No, not so...

and carry forwards are also helpful

Actually, yes it is so.   

If you are showing 10+ years of consecutive tax losses that means you continue investing in the business because you haven't turned a profit yet.   

This where people get lost in comparing taxes to real profits.  

1 minute ago, GG said:

Actually, yes it is so.   

If you are showing 10+ years of consecutive tax losses that means you continue investing in the business because you haven't turned a profit yet.   

This where people get lost in comparing taxes to real profits.  

If I was sure no one would ever track me down...

It would not surprise me at all. Possibly a way to "force" Trump to release his real tax returns to refute the NYT claims? And as a bonus, people keep repeating whatever it is the NYT is reporting as the gospel truth.  A win-win for the Biden campaign.

Trump denies New York Times report detailing his tax returns and financial problems: 'It's totally fake news'

* President Donald Trump fielded questions from reporters on Sunday following an article by The New York Times that delved into his tax returns and detailed his financial woes.
* "It's totally fake news. Made up, fake," Trump said.
* Asked by reporters to be transparent about how much he paid in taxes, the president replied: "It's under audit, they've been under audit for a long time."

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

AtC is not an idiot, but she is bombastic. 

Anyhoooo still not sure the report is more than a guess at his taxes. 🤷‍♀️ They examined  "employee compensation" wtf!?  "Draws on interviews" shesh... 

Her take:

The comments to her tweets (as I recall, she is an attorney) are interesting from CPAs and the like saying how this has been twisted.  Duh. That is the point.  They do not follow politics.

• Thank you (+1) 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump's attempts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia is set to intensify this week, as a grand jury convenes, offering the local district attorney her first shot at seeking subpoenas for records and interviews.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis made her investigative intentions clear with a round of letters to Georgia state officials in February, asking them to preserve documents relevant to election interference as she investigated potential state crimes including the solicitation of election fraud, conspiracy, and racketeering.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/04/politics/trump-georgia-grand-jury/index.html

Election fraud should be punished 

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Really proud of Twitter, that this hasn’t cracked Top 10 trending yet.  

Im sure it’s only a matter of time.. The Trump obsessed just got a hit of H after going through a dry spell. 

Super excited to see what doesn’t come from this.  

Edited by SCBills

Was Steve Bannon right after all?

Bannon described Trump Organization as ‘criminal enterprise’, Michael Wolff book claims

Bannon is reported as saying he believes investigations of Donald Trump’s financial history will provide proof of the underlying criminality of his eponymous company.

“Trump was vulnerable because for 40 years he had run what increasingly seemed to resemble a semi-criminal enterprise.”

He then quotes Bannon as saying: “I think we can drop the ‘semi’ part.”