Trump v Vance

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Really proud of Twitter, that this hasn’t cracked Top 10 trending yet.  

Im sure it’s only a matter of time.. The Trump obsessed just got a hit of H after going through a dry spell. 

Super excited to see what doesn’t come from this.  

The Trump org has already admitted guilt to financial crimes with charities and had to pay over $2 million while admitting guilt.

Y’all Trumpards didn’t care and still voted for him.

It doesn’t matter what comes of this. You’d still vote for him.

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

The Trump org has already admitted guilt to financial crimes with charities and had to pay over $2 million while admitting guilt.

Y’all Trumpards didn’t care and still voted for him.

It doesn’t matter what comes of this. You’d still vote for him.

Im not a Trump supporter.  I did vote for him though.  Your corny shtick is why I’d consider voting for him again.   I don’t necessarily like him, but I hate what your party has become.  

You vote for corporations, Silicon Valley and  authoritarianism, then wonder why anyone with anything resembling a libertarian streak wants to burn your party to the ground, and will cut their nose to spite their face in order to do so.  

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  I don’t care about Trump anymore.  Don’t care about iNsUrReCtIon.  Do care that y’all use these things to satisfy the Trump shaped hole in your soul and never shut up about him enough to address actual issues we face in an entirely new administration that’s been in office for months now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/18/2021 at 10:58 PM, SCBills said:

Im not a Trump supporter.  I did vote for him though.  Your corny shtick is why I’d consider voting for him again.   I don’t necessarily like him, but I hate what your party has become.  

You vote for corporations, Silicon Valley and  authoritarianism, then wonder why anyone with anything resembling a libertarian streak wants to burn your party to the ground, and will cut their nose to spite their face in order to do so.  

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.  I don’t care about Trump anymore.  Don’t care about iNsUrReCtIon.  Do care that y’all use these things to satisfy the Trump shaped hole in your soul and never shut up about him enough to address actual issues we face in an entirely new administration that’s been in office for months now. 

To address your points:

- You voted for Trump because he has an R next to his name. It doesn’t matter what anyone does as long as they have an R next to their name. I’d guess you also voted for Collins even after his legal issues.

Being devoted to Trump is bad. Being devoted to an R next to a name is probably

worse.

- Corporations - Rs slashed corporate tax rate to a flat 21 percent which increased the tax rate for small C Corps while significantly dropping it for other corps

- authoritarianism - there’s one party that has an express position that wants to tell women what to do with their body. I can’t think of a D position that is that authoritarianism

- Don’t care about the insurrection - that’s sad. It’s a major event in US history. You can ignore it and not care about it. But it happened. It was a terrible thing. It was worse than Benghazi so let’s investigate it just as much as Benghazi.

- We have issues but I find it hard to point to a single policy position or law passed that caused it or made a situation worse.

- Let’s not forget. Republicans didn’t announce a platform for 2020. So if you voted R you voted for Trump because they literally didn’t run on anything.

Edited by Backintheday544

43 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

To address your points:

- You voted for Trump because he has an R next to his name. It doesn’t matter what anyone does as long as they have an R next to their name. I’d guess you also voted for Collins even after his legal issues.

Being devoted to Trump is bad. Being devoted to an R next to a name is probably

worse.

- Corporations - Rs slashed corporate tax rate to a flat 21 percent which increased the tax rate for small C Corps while significantly dropping it for other corps

- authoritarianism - there’s one party that has an express position that wants to tell women what to do with their body. I can’t think of a D position that is that authoritarianism

- Don’t care about the insurrection - that’s sad. It’s a major event in US history. You can ignore it and not care about it. But it happened. It was a terrible thing. It was worse than Benghazi so let’s investigate it just as much as Benghazi.

- We have issues but I find it hard to point to a single policy position or law passed that caused it or made a situation worse.

- Let’s not forget. Republicans didn’t announce a platform for 2020. So if you voted R you voted for Trump because they literally didn’t run on anything.

Such a blue MAGA, simple minded response from you.  Stunning lack of nuance. 

Im not a corporate rah-rah guy.  Guess what, I’m also for expanding healthcare and think the mandate was a necessary thing.  

You have zero rationale, based on my posts, to make the post you just made.  You simply assumed my positions.  

Policy-wise, i have left and right views.  

Culture-wise, I’m red pilled.. there’s a handful of Dems I would ever vote for in this climate... ie., Ro Khanna. 

If you can’t see the authoritarianism in the Dem party, you’re willfully ignorant.   It’s the express reason why so many classical liberals have become disillusioned with the party.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Such a blue MAGA, simple minded response from you.  Stunning lack of nuance. 

Im not a corporate rah-rah guy.  Guess what, I’m also for expanding healthcare and think the mandate was a necessary thing.  

You have zero rationale, based on my posts, to make the post you just made.  You simply assumed my positions.  

Policy-wise, i have left and right views.  

Culture-wise, there’s a handful of Dems I would ever vote for in this climate... ie., Ro Khanna. 

You said what you are. You said you voted Trump for President. You voted for a person who didn’t have a platform. You voted for no position. You voted for no idea. 
or you could correct me and point to the Republican platform statement for which parts you were like yes, I need to vote for that.

10 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

You said what you are. You said you voted Trump for President. You voted for a person who didn’t have a platform. You voted for no position. You voted for no idea. 
or you could correct me and point to the Republican platform statement for which parts you were like yes, I need to vote for that.

No foreign wars under Trump.  

As a business owner, I trust him 10x more than the Dems.  

I am pro-life, but willing to have a nuanced discussion on policy.  Not willing to discuss anytime, any reason abortion with taxpayer funding home (Hyde Amendment repeal) and taxpayer funding abroad (Mexico City Policy). 

I think you REALLY underestimate populist pushback people have to Dems due to the lockdowns and mask mandates.  (Now vaccine passports, see Oregon).  Biden was the lockdown simp.   The more he talked about a “dark winter”, the less I would ever support him.  

Biden supports CRT in schools.  Im not about neo-racism.   Trump was against it.  

I believe we’re in a culture war.  And while I used to vote for Dems and R’s... no longer.  I can’t support a party that believes in fighting racism with racism, supports (or acquiesces to) tech censorship.  Pushes corporations to make political statements and backdoor push vaccine passports.  Pushes trans-activism on children.   And advocates for the killing of the most innocent and defenseless amongst us.  

My last remaining hope for Biden is that he advocates for amnesty, but he’s f’d up the border so bad already that R’s will most certainly never come to the table on any meaningful immigration reform... and that’s a pox on both their houses.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No foreign wars under Trump.  

As a business owner, I trust him 10x more than the Dems.  

I am pro-life, but willing to have a nuanced discussion on policy.  Not willing to discuss anytime, any reason abortion with taxpayer funding home (Hyde Amendment repeal) and taxpayer funding abroad (Mexico City Policy). 

I think you REALLY underestimate the pushback people have to Dems due to the lockdowns and mask mandates.  (Now vaccine passports, see Oregon).  Biden was the lockdown simp.   The more he talked about a “dark winter”, the less I would ever support him.  

Biden supports CRT in schools.  Im not about that neo-racism.   Trump was against it.  

I believe we’re in a culture war.  And while I used to vote for Dems and R’s... no longer.  I can’t support a party that believes in fighting racism with racism, supports (or acquiesces to) tech censorship.  Pushes corporations to make political statements and backdoor push vaccine passports.  Pushes trans-activism on children.   And advocates for the killing of the most innocent and defenseless amongst us.  

My last remaining hope for Biden is that he advocates for amnesty, but he’s f’d up the border so bad already that R’s will most certainly never come to the table on any meaningful immigration reform... and that’s a pox on both their houses.  

-Foreign wars - that’s probably a definition thing but don’t forget about the MOAB with trump. Don’t forget about terrible positions his foreign policy left us in like pissing off foreign allies and becoming a literal laughing stock to foreign leaders.

- Business owner opinion - Hopefully you didn’t take PPP 2 or any future ERC. Stay away from EIDL grants too. Dems have passed bigger tax cuts for businesses ever needed that the Republicans refused to pass or had to negotiate in.

- Point to one Dem proposal or law anywhere that is pro anytime anywhere.

- Maybe if the Republicans updated their platform to include I don’t know the biggest human thing going on there could be an actual COVID argument there. But there is not. Biden admin has dumped restrictions. Maybe if Republicans made this a policy stand point we could have months ago.

CRT isn’t bad. You listen too too much right wing poop.

To your last point on voting. I’d ask, no beg, look at platforms. One party this last election thought it wasn’t important to. And you still voted for it.

Look at which you are as a person. If you are cool with no positions then vote R. If you’re cool with investigating Benghazi not not 1/6 vote R. If you’re cool with the idea of birthing a kid then not caring about them . Vote R.

8 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

-Foreign wars - that’s probably a definition thing but don’t forget about the MOAB with trump. Don’t forget about terrible positions his foreign policy left us in like pissing off foreign allies and becoming a literal laughing stock to foreign leaders.

- Business owner opinion - Hopefully you didn’t take PPP 2 or any future ERC. Stay away from EIDL grants too. Dems have passed bigger tax cuts for businesses ever needed that the Republicans refused to pass or had to negotiate in.

- Point to one Dem proposal or law anywhere that is pro anytime anywhere.

- Maybe if the Republicans updated their platform to include I don’t know the biggest human thing going on there could be an actual COVID argument there. But there is not. Biden admin has dumped restrictions. Maybe if Republicans made this a policy stand point we could have months ago.

CRT isn’t bad. You listen too too much right wing poop.

To your last point on voting. I’d ask, no beg, look at platforms. One party this last election thought it wasn’t important to. And you still voted for it.

Look at which you are as a person. If you are cool with no positions then vote R. If you’re cool with investigating Benghazi not not 1/6 vote R. If you’re cool with the idea of birthing a kid then not caring about them . Vote R.

Honestly, I’m open to having a real discussion about policy and culture, but you keep reverting back to the talking points of someone that watches Joy Reid & Rachel Maddow obsessively.   

I don’t care about Benghazi.  

I don’t care about 1/6.  

I don’t care about Hillary’s emails.  

I don’t care about this lame a** trash, y’all corporate Dems constantly want to engage over.  

Also, don’t come at me over biz policy.  There is a distinct difference in payroll taxes and deductions based on party in power at the local and national level.  

You want to talk about real stuff like expanding medical coverage, a living wage, free speech.... you know, things y’all used to care about... let’s have at it.  

Edited by SCBills

It will be hilarious when Donald blames it all on Jr. and Eric.

So we’re 1-6 months away from charges. Bye Donald.

Never trust someone named Weaselberg.

B-man had to leave suddenly to find his new talking points and whataboutisms.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You missed a part.

But not against former President Donald Trump.

These charges, first reported by @nytimes, are also not against anyone in the #Trump family.

They are expected to be against Trump Org CFO Allen Weisselberg, who didn't cooperate with the DA

This looks to be about unpaid taxes on “fringe benefits the company awarded to [CFO Allen Weisselberg]”:

"We've got him this time"  16662762.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

You missed a part.

But not against former President Donald Trump.

These charges, first reported by @nytimes, are also not against anyone in the #Trump family.

They are expected to be against Trump Org CFO Allen Weisselberg, who didn't cooperate with the DA

This looks to be about unpaid taxes on “fringe benefits the company awarded to [CFO Allen Weisselberg]”:

"We've got him this time"  16662762.jpg

Be careful.. you have a tendency to get upstaged.

Bless the Times’ heart because they really tried to make this seem like a bombshell in their tweet, but when you dig into the article, it appears to be anything but.

In fact, it appears to be more proof that this entire investigation is a complete farce.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office has informed Donald J. Trump’s lawyers that it is considering criminal charges against his family business, the Trump Organization, in connection with fringe benefits the company awarded a top executive, according to several people with knowledge of the matter.

The prosecutors had been building a case for months against the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, as part of an effort to pressure him to cooperate with a broader inquiry into Mr. Trump’s business dealings. But it was not previously known that the Trump Organization also might face charges…

…“In my more than 50 years of practice, never before have I seen a district attorney’s office target a company over employee compensation or fringe benefits,” said Ronald P. Fischetti, a personal lawyer for Mr. Trump. “It’s ridiculous and outrageous.”

Several lawyers who specialize in tax rules have told The New York Times that it would be highly unusual to indict a company just for failing to pay taxes on fringe benefits. None of them could cite any recent example, noting that many companies provide their employees with benefits like company cars.

What prosecutor criminally charges a company over “fringe benefits” possibly not being recorded properly?

Wouldn’t the normal remedy be to just audit them and send a bill?

After all this consternation, this is what these rabid partisans masquerading as law enforcement officials came up with?

The entire thing seems desperate in the same way some of Robert Mueller’s indictments seemed desperate as if they were designed to justify the investigation more than reach any real crescendo.

Now, there’s always the possibility that this is just the first, small shoe to drop. I’m skeptical, though. If they had the goods on Trump personally, I believe they’d lead with that. Rather, this seems like the first volley in a series of marginal, questionable charges to make it seem like they are drawing more blood than they are, and that’s if they even follow through here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/19/nyregion/trumo-ny-ag-taxes.html

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/06/25/new-york-prosecutors-announce-possible-charges-against-trump-n402627

This is tricky. Biden wants Trump again, so how does Biden create a scenario where that could happen?

Well, you gotta put the squeeze on him to make him feel like his only way out of trouble is by announcing a presidential run. It’s an interesting game of chicken happening.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Bless the Times’ heart because they really tried to make this seem like a bombshell in their tweet, but when you dig into the article, it appears to be anything but.

In fact, it appears to be more proof that this entire investigation is a complete farce.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office has informed Donald J. Trump’s lawyers that it is considering criminal charges against his family business, the Trump Organization, in connection with fringe benefits the company awarded a top executive, according to several people with knowledge of the matter.

The prosecutors had been building a case for months against the executive, Allen H. Weisselberg, as part of an effort to pressure him to cooperate with a broader inquiry into Mr. Trump’s business dealings. But it was not previously known that the Trump Organization also might face charges…

…“In my more than 50 years of practice, never before have I seen a district attorney’s office target a company over employee compensation or fringe benefits,” said Ronald P. Fischetti, a personal lawyer for Mr. Trump. “It’s ridiculous and outrageous.”

Several lawyers who specialize in tax rules have told The New York Times that it would be highly unusual to indict a company just for failing to pay taxes on fringe benefits. None of them could cite any recent example, noting that many companies provide their employees with benefits like company cars.

What prosecutor criminally charges a company over “fringe benefits” possibly not being recorded properly?

Wouldn’t the normal remedy be to just audit them and send a bill?

After all this consternation, this is what these rabid partisans masquerading as law enforcement officials came up with?

The entire thing seems desperate in the same way some of Robert Mueller’s indictments seemed desperate as if they were designed to justify the investigation more than reach any real crescendo.

Now, there’s always the possibility that this is just the first, small shoe to drop. I’m skeptical, though. If they had the goods on Trump personally, I believe they’d lead with that. Rather, this seems like the first volley in a series of marginal, questionable charges to make it seem like they are drawing more blood than they are, and that’s if they even follow through here.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/06/25/new-york-prosecutors-announce-possible-charges-against-trump-n402627

What a joke.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

said Ronald P. Fischetti, a personal lawyer for Mr. Trump.

Your critical thinking skills are lacking

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

What a joke.

Wild Trump's lawyer said it's no big deal.

Yeah, I would much rather put my faith in the New York Times' "according to several people with knowledge of the matter."

I love the desperate takes of our resident Lefties.

Always with the same non-imaginative lines, over and over.

I can't believe this huge story thread almost fell to the third page.................LOL

The pending charges reportedly involve “non-monetary benefits the company gave to top executives.”

Trump’s tax records have been scrutinized for years by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., a Democrat.

Former Trump advisor Jason Miller responded to the story on Twitter.

Fischetti also said the Trump Organization will plead not guilty and file a motion to have the indictment dismissed. “In my more than 50 years of practice, never before have I seen the District Attorney’s Office target a company over employee compensation or fringe benefits,” Fischetti said. “The IRS would not, and has not, brought a case like this. Even the financial institutions responsible for causing the 2008 financial crises, the worst financial crisis since the great depression, were not prosecuted.”

Trump dismissed the investigation as a political hit job “in search of a crime.”

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Trump Organization to be indicted tomorrow? 

No, just some 80-year old guy who got free parking.  Must have been the illegal $100s people always toss there...

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yeah, thats what my post said 5 days ago too............without the lefty desperation.........LOL

On 6/25/2021 at 9:58 PM, B-Man said:

SuDqayB.gif

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Do you want a participation trophy?

Nope.

Just reminding everyone else that we knew all this last week.

But the left is still trying to highlight it................lol