Practice Squad (incomplete)
Duke Williams

Vosean Joseph

Jason Croom

Robert Foster
Dane Jackson

Trey Adams

Notes

I'm not sure if these players are practice squad eligible. If so I'd put them on the PS.

I love the security we get with Andre Robert's as our return guy and I just would like to keep that.

I also like the versatility Marlowe, Neal and Poyer bring as OLB depth in an emergency situation.

I think our WRs will get situation roles where you'll see Hodgins get some time in the slot to split with Beasley and in red zone situations. I could see the same with Gabe Davis spelling Brown down in the redzone... 

I think Bass makes it and Vedvik beats out Corey B. Gives us a backup kicker and backup KOS. Vedvik has a huge leg and he can concentrate on punting.

I'm super pumped.

The roster Beane and McDermott put together is so stacked and everything is accounted for and backed up. 

Go Bills.

Edit: It was originally a 55 man projection. Thanks to Logic for clarifying the details with that.

"There isn't a 55. It's still a 53.

The new rules state that you can bring two people up from your practice squad on a game week, but at the conclusion of that game, they must be released (and thus, subject to waivers), and then can be placed back on the practice squad. If you choose to keep the two new players on your active roster, you must release two other players. At the conclusion of each game week, there must still be 53 players on the roster."

Credit to a couple people to convinced me to keep Daryl Johnson as well. 

And after some thinking and good points in this thread, I decided to PS Robert Foster.

Credit to RichNoggin for convincing me to keep Corey Thompson. 

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 2

There isn't a 55. It's still a 53.

The new rules state that you can bring two people up from your practice squad on a game week, but at the conclusion of that game, they must be released (and thus, subject to waivers), and then can be placed back on the practice squad. If you choose to keep the two new players on your active roster, you must release two other players. At the conclusion of each game week, there must still be 53 players on the roster.

Edited by Logic

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

There isn't a 55. It's still a 53.

The new rules state that you can bring two people up from your practice squad on a game week, but at the conclusion of that game, they must be released (and thus, subject to waivers), and then can be placed back on the practice squad. If you choose to keep the two new players on your active roster, you must release two other players. At the conclusion of each game week, there must still be 53 players on the roster.

Gotcha... thanks for clarifying that... I knew you brought two PS players up but I didn't know you had to release them each week subject to Waivers... I'm going to edit my thread to 53 players.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I really think Corey Thompson (LB) makes the team. He has started games, exhibits the traits McDermott covets (mobility), and is still cheap. People overlook this guy all the time (understandably, but he might surprise people).

I like him too. I could see him beating out Joseph if Joseph doesn't come around.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, akcash said:

OFFENSE

QB Allen Barkley Fromm

RB Singletary Moss Yeldon 

FB Dimarco

TE Knox Kroft Sweeney 

WR Diggs Brown Beasley Davis Hodgins McKenzie Foster

OL Dawkins Spain Morse Ford Nsekhe Adams Feliciano Bates 

DEFENSE
DE Hughes Addison Epenesa Murphy

DT Phillips Oliver Butler Jefferson Lotoulelei 

LB Edmunds Milano Klein Joseph Matakevich

S Hyde Poyer Johnson Neal Marlowe

CB White Gaines Norman Wallace Johnson

ST's

K Bass
P Vedvik
LS Ferguson 
KR/PR Roberts

Jason Croom
Duke Williams
Dane Jackson
Daryl Johnson

Notes

I'm not sure if these players are practice squad eligible. If so I'd put them on the PS.

I'm not a big fan of Daryl Williams. I am a fan of Adams. Imo I think our best play is to put Ford at RG and let Nsekhe start at RT with Adams as backup RT.

I like Bates too because if we have a run on tackles with injuries and Adams is inactive he can get us out of a game at tackle.

I think Duke deserves a roster spot. I could see him getting picked up by another team. I kept Foster because of his deep threat ability and he's a key gunner on punt team. 

I love the security we get with Andre Robert's as our return guy and I just would like to keep that. I have 7 WRs not including Roberts so I'm just calling him a return guy bc 8 wide receivers sounds a little crazy.

I like Taiwan Jones but I like Foster better. 

I'm good with putting Daryl Johnston on the PS because I think Jefferson and Oliver can play DE in a pinch.

Same with Dane Jackson. I think worse case if we had a run on CBs you could put Neal at corner to get you out of a game.

I also like the versatility Marlowe, Neal and Poyer bring as OLB depth in an emergency situation.

I think our WRs will get situation roles where you'll see Hodgins get some time in the slot to split with Beasley and in red zone situations. I could see the same with Gabe Davis spelling Brown down in the redzone... I could see Brown and Foster on the outside to take the top off with Diggs in the slot for a different look.

I think Bass makes it and Vedvik beats out Corey B. Gives us a backup kicker and backup KOS. Vedvik has a huge leg and he can concentrate on punting.

I'm super pumped.

The roster Beane and McDermott put together is so stacked and everything is accounted for and backed up. 

Go Bills.

I disagree on Daryl Johnson.....but agree with the rest of the list.

I def could see Foster getting pushed off the roster.......he should have been better last year

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I disagree on Daryl Johnson.....but agree with the rest of the list.

I def could see Foster getting pushed off the roster.......he should have been better last year

Yeah I think they could go either way on Johnson and Murphy. I just like Murphy and want to see him finish his contract with us. I think it's a good look with our other free agents too. I definitely understand the other side of the coin on that one tho.

49 minutes ago, akcash said:

OFFENSE

QB Allen Barkley Fromm

RB Singletary Moss Yeldon 

FB Dimarco

TE Knox Kroft Sweeney 

WR Diggs Brown Beasley Davis Hodgins McKenzie Foster

OL Dawkins Spain Morse Ford Nsekhe Adams Feliciano Bates 

DEFENSE
DE Hughes Addison Epenesa Murphy

DT Phillips Oliver Butler Jefferson Lotoulelei 

LB Edmunds Milano Klein Joseph Matakevich

S Hyde Poyer Johnson Neal Marlowe

CB White Gaines Johnson Norman Wallace 

ST's

K Bass
P Vedvik
LS Ferguson 
KR/PR Roberts

Jason Croom
Duke Williams
Dane Jackson
Daryl Johnson

Notes

I'm not a big fan of Daryl Williams. I am a fan of Adams. Imo I think our best play is to put Ford at RG and let Nsekhe start at RT with Adams as backup RT.

I like Bates too because if we have a run on tackles with injuries and Adams is inactive he can get us out of a game at tackle.

I think Duke deserves a roster spot. I could see him getting picked up by another team. I kept Foster because of his deep threat ability and he's a key gunner on punt team. 

I love the security we get with Andre Robert's as our return guy and I just would like to keep that. I have 7 WRs not including Roberts so I'm just calling him a return guy bc 8 wide receivers sounds a little crazy.

I like Taiwan Jones but I like Foster better. 

I'm good with putting Daryl Johnson on the PS because I think Jefferson and Oliver can play DE in a pinch.

Same with Dane Jackson. I think worse case if we had a run on CBs you could put Neal at corner to get you out of a game.

I think our WRs will get situation roles where you'll see Hodgins get some time in the slot to split with Beasley and in red zone situations. I could see the same with Gabe Davis spelling Brown down in the redzone... I could see Brown and Foster on the outside to take the top off with Diggs in the slot for a different look.

I'm super pumped.

Go Bills.

I'll go out on a limb and say the Bills will cut Murphy before they cut Darryl Johnson...The biggest jump is between year one and year two normally...And Johnson had a pretty good year as a contributing Rookie...His ceiling is higher than Murphy at this point...Of course I'm assuming he's going to get a little bigger and stronger this off season...I know he's getting great developmental coaching because that's what McD does...

IMHO...And certainly the Bills have some tough decisions to make on the D-Line...Johnson is pretty safe unless he shows up fat and bombs during preseason...And I don't see a chance in hell he does not get picked up if the Bills waive him...?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

I'll go out on a limb and say the Bills will cut Murphy before they cut Darryl Johnson...The biggest jump is between year one and year two normally...And Johnson had a pretty good year as a contributing Rookie...His ceiling is higher than Murphy at this point...Of course I'm assuming he's going to get a little bigger and stronger this off season...I know he's getting great developmental coaching because that's what McD does...

IMHO...And certainly the Bills have some tough decisions to make on the D-Line...Johnson is pretty safe unless he shows up fat and bombs during preseason...And I don't see a chance in hell he does not get picked up if the Bills waive him...?

I agree. You got me thinking.

1 minute ago, akcash said:

I agree. You got me thinking.

Johnson played 66% of ST's Downs and 22% of Defensive Downs as a Rookie...That's pretty good contribution for a 7th Rd pick out of NC A&T...Not saying he's going to develop the way I would like...But if I had to bet on the kid I would...He forced his way onto that Roster last year...It's up to him how good he can be...But again the ceiling is very good...

The Bills have WAY more depth now at DE and WAY more flexibility along the line period...Johnson is young and cheap...Just don't see the logic in keeping Murphy for one year over that kid who will be dirt cheap and the Bills property for 3 more years minimum...?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Johnson played 66% of ST's Downs and 22% of Defensive Downs as a Rookie...That's pretty good contribution for a 7th Rd pick out of NC A&T...Not saying he's going to develop the way I would like...But if I had to bet on the kid I would...He forced his way onto that Roster last year...It's up to him how good he can be...But again the ceiling is very good...

The Bills have WAY more depth now at DE and WAY more flexibility along the line period...Johnson is young and cheap...Just don't see the logic in keeping Murphy for one year over that kid who will be dirt cheap and the Bills property for 3 more years minimum...?

Ok... the STs thing has me convinced now. I'm gon a keep Johnson. Sorry Murph.

And the fact that we got Johnson in the future for 3 more years for cheap and its Murphys last year.

Edited by akcash

Remove Barkley, Davis and Adams and put in Daryl Johnson, Corey Thompson and  Daryl Williams.  Davis and Adams can easily be placed on the PS and Barkley can be called back at any time.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Remove Barkley, Davis and Adams and put in Daryl Johnson, Corey Thompson and  Daryl Williams.  Davis and Adams can easily be placed on the PS and Barkley can be called back at any time.

I agree about Adams. I could see Barkley as well not getting a job. I disagree on Davis.

57 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I really think Corey Thompson (LB) makes the team. He has started games, exhibits the traits McDermott covets (mobility), and is still cheap. People overlook this guy all the time (understandably, but he might surprise people).

Agreed.  Not sure if we want Joseph and Matakavich as out only backup LBs.  That would be a huge mistake 

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

You think Gabe davis is going to get cut?