Brady and Belicheck Ego's Got in the Way?

Irv

There are some other big ego's on that team too.

I can't wait to see the Pats* lose some early games and see how Edelman and Gilmore react to losing.

NE still has a good defense but is the O can't score they will get frustrated fast.

If things start to slide guys like Thuney may want to take their UFA status to the open market next year.

BB is going to try to pull another rabbit out of his hat this year but the whole thing has a chance of going south real quick.

As for the QB situation, what vets (Dalton, Newton or Flacco) want to step in and try to replace Tommy Boy?

If the Pats* start to lose that QB will be brutally boo'd by the fans in Beantown.

This will be magnified greatly IF TB plays well in TB.  I'm going to secretly hope Tommy plays well enough to get TB into

a Wildcard.  If that happens the whole New England region will turn on BB in a heartbeat!

Dalton is much better off waiting another year for his UFA status and collect big money this year.

If I was Cam Newton I would heal up and wait to see if a starter goes down early in the season.

What happens this year in Boston is going to be very interesting!

It reminds me of "Last Dance" a bit.  The Patriots were old, and limited on cap space.  I think Bill has some Krause in him.  Wants to be the smartest guy in the room and show he can win without the GOAT.  I think either Stidham plays well enough to make the case Brady was done, or they bottom out and he puts himself into position for Lawernce or Feilds next year.  Either outcome works.  To be a contender again they need the later to happen imo.

Edited by Mat68

They are like the couple who wake up one day after 20 years of marriage, roll over, turn to one another and say...

(Brady): "I want a divorce."

(Belichick): "Me, too."

(Brady): "So, divorce then?"

(Belichick): "Divorce."

(Brady): "Oh...and I'm banging your brother in Tampa."

(Belichick): "Of course, you are..."

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/27/2020 at 8:54 PM, Irv said:

I get the feeling that Brady and Belicheck want to prove that they don't need each other...that their individual and collective legacy wasn't because of a system (Brady) or the best quarterback of all-time (Belicheck).   Brady left and Belicheck didn't draft and hasn't yet gone out to get a QB.  I don't think that question will be answered this year because I think they are both going to do poorly. They will be saddled with that question for all time.  

Or I could be overthinking it and Belicheck is just plain vicious and thankless and realized Brady has lost it and let him walk.  

I think this is all Brady, they took is parking spot, reduced his salary to sign Welker and others that never materialized, disallowed his trainer in the building.  Lots of resentment from Brady towards Belicheck,.  Belicheck is just a Dick, everyone conforms to his way or else.  Which in general is probably good but it might be good to make an exception for a guy like Brady.  Brady was just a number to Belicheck like anyone else.

Edited by mattynh
  • Like (+1) 1

BB was not going to give a 43 year old QB a 2 year 60 million plus contract. TB was going for the money, sunshine and a team with better talent. He now gets to play for an easy going coach and a say in everything the team does. 

Edited by dogbyte