No social distancing at home of draftees

43 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There's no way that all those people at those homes all live there.  Social distancing does not exist for NFL rookies.   

I mean when you go shopping you are around 50 or 100 people you don't know. What's the real difference?

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The whole concept is stupid. Socially distance yourself from everyone but the people you live with. It makes no sense

How so? Are you of the opinion that the situation we're in would be roughly the same without it? Or was there a better plan we all missed out on?

46 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Social distancing is a joke anyway 

Okay Dr. Salk.

46 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Social distancing is a joke anyway 

Okay Dr. Salk.

5 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean when you go shopping you are around 50 or 100 people you don't know. What's the real difference?

Hopefully you're all wearing masks and not swapping spit. And making a modest effort to keep apart.

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Cant do this forever.  I’ve had fam who have gotten this, I get it.. but we can’t isolate indefinitely.   There’s no vaccine... it is what it is. 

Yep. I’m not ignorant to how bad this virus is, but I’m also not going to pick on some guys hanging with family and friends. A vaccine could be a year away at the earliest, or maybe years off. I’m not sure that everyone understands how social distancing works. Nothing will change until a vaccine comes along, social distancing itself won’t eliminate the virus. I think early on some believed that.

In reality, how many people are willing to social distance for what could be years? That might be the reality if we don’t have a vaccine. We really need science to save us with at least a decent treatment. Even the staunchest social distance people are going to eventually give it up, the human mind isn’t built for it. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

How so? Are you of the opinion that the situation we're in would be roughly the same without it? Or was there a better plan we all missed out on?

Did you read the rest of what you quoted from me? I said it doesn't make sense because if you're gonna do it, you might as well go all out. Stay away from your wife, kids, mother, father, everyone. I have a roommate and he sees his family all the time and I'm seeing mine as well but he lives with me. He's actually a nurse. Should I stay away from him to? Maybe I should kick him out and have him get his own apt for a few months. It's stupid

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay Dr. Salk.

Okay Dr. Salk.

Hopefully you're all wearing masks and not swapping spit. And making a modest effort to keep apart.

I mean how much does it really matter? Its been shown someone can sneeze and spread it up to 3 aisles over and it can linger in the air for up to 3 hours.

Masks don't protect YOU they protect others FROM YOU if you are sick.

I mean theoretically you could walk down an aisle 2 hours after someone sneezed 3 aisles over and get sick...I mean protecting yourself from that is near impossible.

6 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yep. I’m not ignorant to how bad this virus is, but I’m also not going to pick on some guys hanging with family and friends. A vaccine could be a year away at the earliest, or maybe years off. I’m not sure that everyone understands how social distancing works. Nothing will change until a vaccine comes along, social distancing itself won’t eliminate the virus. I think early on some believed that.

In reality, how many people are willing to social distance for what could be years? That might be the reality if we don’t have a vaccine. We really need science to save us with at least a decent treatment. Even the staunchest social distance people are going to eventually give it up, the human mind isn’t built for it. 

And honestly, how healthy is the vaccine? I've never had a flu shot in my life and I refuse to get one now. Serious question: would it be bad to have our bodies develop our own immunity to it? It might be better than injecting something into your body that has who knows what in it

59 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There's no way that all those people at those homes all live there.  Social distancing does not exist for NFL rookies.   

48 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Let me know what kind of flowers you want for your or your loved ones' funeral.

You have no idea how this virus works, do you?

Quick run and hide ... the virus shaming police are on the scene

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

There is no guarantee a vaccine will even be effective if produced. There are plenty of viruses that they have been unsuccessfully attempting to make vaccines for for 20+ years now and haven't been able to...

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I mean how much does it really matter? Its been shown someone can sneeze and spread it up to 3 aisles over and it can linger in the air for up to 3 hours.

Masks don't protect YOU they protect others FROM YOU if you are sick.

I mean theoretically you could walk down an aisle 2 hours after someone sneezed 3 aisles over and get sick...I mean protecting yourself from that is near impossible.

Your argument is basically if you can't be perfect, don't bother. You're right. Nothing is foolproof. But if two people are wearing a mask, and maintaining distance, and not sneezing, the odds of infection are very small, compared to doing nothing.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Your argument is basically if you can't be perfect, don't bother. You're right. Nothing is foolproof. But if two people are wearing a mask, and maintaining distance, and not sneezing, the odds of infection are very small, compared to doing nothing.

I'm not saying don't bother I am just saying the effectiveness is highly questionable.

Honestly, you should probably be wearing some kind of eye protection at the store as well. Don't say screw it and just wade through some virus, go full Mad Max and protect yourself.

Edited by Nelius

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Did you read the rest of what you quoted from me? I said it doesn't make sense because if you're gonna do it, you might as well go all out. Stay away from your wife, kids, mother, father, everyone. I have a roommate and he sees his family all the time and I'm seeing mine as well but he lives with me. He's actually a nurse. Should I stay away from him to? Maybe I should kick him out and have him get his own apt for a few months. It's stupid

I did.  You've said nothing more here than in the post that I quoted. 

I don't think it's stupid at all. It's a mitigation strategy to try to prevent the healthcare system from being overrun. It was overrun by me and I assume would have been far worse without the restrictions.

I'll ask again, do you think we'd be better off had we not shut down? Was letting it run its course a better option? Or did you have another solution in mind?

• Like (+1) 1