2020 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Iverwig said:

I agree with you in that if Tua stays healthy he will be a beast.  If healthy he will be top 10 in the league.  I think people are focused on his injuries too much and many may not have seen him play often.  When healthy he is the real deal.  I did not want Miami to take him and would have preferred they take Herbert.

Before people start talking about Tua being a top ten QB, Miami has to get better offensive weapons. They have one good WR, a pretty good TE, and a pretty good RB. Am I missing something here?

I'm one that has never really been sold on Tua. I watched him quite a bit and it's a little hard to get a read on just how accurate he was. There are A LOT of throws to wide open guys, and more often than not, clean pockets.

He struggled mightily when having to face Clemson in the title game, because he was hurried and actually had to throw in tight windows. That is what he will face consistently in the NFL. To be honest I don't love any of the qb's in this draft.

I would be doing anything I can to get Trevor Lawrence though.

It's all a crapshoot and I could be completely wrong.

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Tua is a nice fit for what Chan Gailey likes to do. They are building something there and I think its going to be Bills-Dolphins going forward. Sam is going to bust imo. 

At the same time, I stand by the idea that Justin Herbert is going to be the best quarterback out of this bunch and he is the guy going into the best scenario. He has the most talent of all of them and he is going to the best situation. 

o

Well Opps.  We can count on Chan drafting Swift  at pick 39.  He is a better Spiller.

39 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Before people start talking about Tua being a top ten QB, Miami has to get better offensive weapons. They have one good WR, a pretty good TE, and a pretty good RB. Am I missing something here?

We have two good WRs--DeVante Parker and Preston Williams, who was the leading rookie WR in receiving yards before he went down with injury. Williams was actually better than DeVante. Albert Wilson and Jakeem Grant are capable #3/4 WRs so it's not a big need, but we could see them add a guy to eventually replace Wilson who has a big cap hit. Jordan Howard is a decent #2 RB at best so we need to upgrade there. 

What we need is another interior OL and RT.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

This is amazing. 

The part where they were interview a player...I think maybe the Greenbay QB and went from the interview to talking about his dead dad and I mean all these guys are watching this on T.V. so this kid went from being interviewed in what should be a highlight of his life to being reminded of his dead father so you know stay classy.

yeah it seemed pretty contrived, especially how they cut to the mournful music all of a sudden.  The network probably tells then they have to mention/ask about it.

Overall though, I’d say the first round went really, really well.  Pretty much zero technical glitches.   Roger forgetting what year it was was pretty hilarious.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yeah it seemed pretty contrived, especially how they cut to the mournful music all of a sudden.  The network probably tells then they have to mention/ask about it.

Overall though, I’d say the first round went really, really well.  Pretty much zero technical glitches.   Roger forgetting what year it was was pretty hilarious.

Pretty sure I heard Goodell say the Alaina Falcons. Also one of those dead relatives clips they said they died in December of 21 so I guess in the future.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

We have a ton of O lineman.  And most of them are at least decent.  Do you want 20 O Lineman in training camp?  What is the point of signing guys like Spain Long Boehm and Williams if we are drafting another one in the 2nd or 3rd round?  The only O lineman that is old is Nseke.  The rest are all young or in the prime of their careers. 

D line we can get younger.  But I do not think the talent level of the guys falling into the 2nd round at DE, (except Uche) are nearly as dynamic as the RB's or WR's that will be available.  Epenesa Weaver Lewis are ok.  I would take Uche if available.  He has talent and a big upside.  My son plays DE in college and knows the position real well.  He doesn't like any of the other guys in the 2nd round.  Especially Lewis who he says is skinny.  And according to him Epenesa is not athletic enuf to play edge in the NFL. 

Corners are a dime a dozen.  McDermott can take an undrafted guy and make him a solid player.  We have 3 guys more then capable of competing for the starting CB 2 position.  Heck I think McDermott and staff could make Lafayette Pitts into a fringe starter at CB given the scheme we run. 

Drafting a stud RB will not make him a backup.  He can compete with Singletary for carries.  That makes everyone better bro.  As for WR Brown and Beasley are decent.  But neither gets a lot of separation.  And their are plenty of WR's that are coming out that have more upside.  And you definitely need a 4th very good WR on your team in today's NFL.  That is one fan's opinion.  Take it as you will.  

There is no point for me going back and fourth I just think everything you said was completely wrong lol. I seriously laughed out loud when you said cornerbacks were a dime a dozen yet you want a RB, I needed a good laugh thank you sir.

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

There is no point for me going back and fourth I just think everything you said was completely wrong lol. I seriously laughed out loud when you said cornerbacks were a dime a dozen yet you want a RB, I needed a good laugh thank you sir.

Well they are not a dime a dozen,  A quarter a dozen maybe?   Colleges use about the same ratio of CB to WR as the pro's.

'

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Everything I say is the truth Gospel.  Now you go home to mommy's basement and go watch the second round of the draft.  The 3rd round will probably be on past your bedtime.  But I am sure the good people on this board will fill you in tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Everything I say is the truth Gospel.  Now you go home to mommy's basement and go watch the second round of the draft.  The 3rd round will probably be on past your bedtime.  But I am sure the good people on this board will fill you in tomorrow.

So your stupidity continues, This guy was definitely on the buffalo Bills message board I can tell.