Wonderlic scores

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Lamar Jackson also scored a 13.  It's possible this hurts Tua given interested teams can't interview him in person to test his football IQ because of the tomhanksvirus.

Qb is really the only position I think the wonderlic could/should be a factor. That and maybe Center. Essentially it’s measuring how quickly one processes information, as I understand it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Qb is really the only position I think the wonderlic could/should be a factor. That and maybe Center. Essentially it’s measuring how quickly one processes information, as I understand it. 

I agree with this.  As long as you have the mental ability to memorize a playbook I wouldn't be too concerned at other positions.

13 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I hate the Wonderlic stuff so much. I think it is beyond pointless. 

Having worked as a consultant with a group who developed an innovation tool (which I love and have sold worldwide), all of these tools are subjective. You count on people to be ‘one way’ and to be educated in the same manner, etc (I can extrapolate but I’ll leave it at that). 

I’ve never studied the Wonderlic or taken it but I can share this: I have interviewed hundreds of people and every single one was different than they appeared on their resume and/or on given tests. 

It’s one piece but not the only piece. From my experience, the personal interactions coupled with back story mean FAR more than any test/personality test.

Just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TroutDog said:

Having worked as a consultant with a group who developed an innovation tool (which I love and have sold worldwide), all of these tools are subjective. You count on people to be ‘one way’ and to be educated in the same manner, etc (I can extrapolate but I’ll leave it at that). 

I’ve never studied the Wonderlic or taken it but I can share this: I have interviewed hundreds of people and every single one was different than they appeared on their resume and/or on given tests. 

It’s one piece but not the only piece. From my experience, the personal interactions coupled with back story mean FAR more than any test/personality test.

Just my opinion. 

It’s never going to be a deciding factor. It’s just one piece of the puzzle. The fact they still administer it means it is still used in evaluation. But not meant to tell the whole story.

Just now, Bangarang said:

Donovan McNabb would be the only one if you’re willing to go back to 99.

I'm not willing to go back to 99, but I love me some McNabb!!!

2000 is the cutoff.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I strenuously object. 

Okay, fine, LOL.  One QB since 1999 who's scored less than 16 has proven to be successful.  That's one QB in 21 years, so my point is still made.