Karlos Williams making a comeback

Williams was excellent in his rookie year, and it was a major disappointment when he showed up the next year unable to compete.  Not having him available as expected hurt the team.

If he's really making a comeback, I'll be shocked.  RBs don't sit out a couple of years and make it back.

1 hour ago, Nick the Greek said:

He crushed about 40 wings. LMAO that is hilarious man.?

He brought his whole family in from Florida just to take them to Gabe's Gate for the wings. Told me he had been talking the wings up all offseason and couldnt wait to get back to them.

Thought it was pretty cool at the time. A player craving an old Buffalo-native standard.

And then a few days later the reports come out about him showing up overweight and out of shape and I'm just like... ?‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He actually said this? 

I see nothing wrong with what he said. Obviously he said what anyone else on here would say, but do agree he should’ve placed more of a filter on that. That said, I’m not going to stoop to the fat or eating jokes. But, I’ll be the first to criticize his lack of effort though.  No excuses there, if that’s what lead to his downfall. 

23 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I see nothing wrong with what he said. Obviously he said what anyone else on here would say, but do agree he should’ve placed more of a filter on that. That said, I’m not going to stoop to the fat or eating jokes. But, I’ll be the first to criticize his lack of effort though.  No excuses there, if that’s what lead to his downfall. 

So if your bosses brought in someone to backup and potentially challenge you, you'd intentionally try to get yourself fired?

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

So if your bosses brought in someone to backup and potentially challenge you, you'd intentionally try to get yourself fired?

I’m in no position to criticize what Williams is saying or how he feels, are you?

That said, I think we can all draw conclusions on the Whaley era. 

Just now, Saint Doug said:

I’m in no position to criticize what Williams is saying or how he feels, are you?

That said, I think we can all draw conclusions on the Whaley era. 

Why not?  You have a job, right?  Would you intentionally do stuff to get fired if your bosses brought in someone who could potentially challenge you?  Or use it as an opportunity to be better?  Because that's what he's saying. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Why not?  You have a job, right?  Would you intentionally do stuff to get fired if your bosses brought in someone who could potentially challenge you?  Or use it as an opportunity to be better?  Because that's what he's saying. 

I have a job and I don’t see Williams as a role model, but I’m not in any position to tell anyone how they should feel or react. That’s their personal business. He quote says nothing about his efforts to better himself, so I agree, he should’ve kept competing. But, he never addressed that in his words. He’s saying exactly what he said. I’m not going to twist or misinterpret his words past what he said. If he says Whaley can eat a bag of male genitals, I’m not going to says his emotions are wrong. 

46 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I have a job and I don’t see Williams as a role model, but I’m not in any position to tell anyone how they should feel or react. That’s their personal business. He quote says nothing about his efforts to better himself, so I agree, he should’ve kept competing. But, he never addressed that in his words. He’s saying exactly what he said. I’m not going to twist or misinterpret his words past what he said. If he says Whaley can eat a bag of male genitals, I’m not going to says his emotions are wrong. 

Great, we'll agree to disagree.  I'll call out anyone who is the sole reason for his/her failure but blames everyone but him/herself. 

But what about the "die in a hole and drink bleach" comment?  Can you criticize him for that?

Edited by Doc

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great, we'll agree to disagree.  I'll call out anyone who is the sole reason for his/her failure but blames everyone but him/herself. 

But what about the "die in a hole and drink bleach" comment?  Can you criticize him for that?

No, I cannot. There are no laws to prevent someone from expressing their feelings. Nothing he said impedes on the right of others not harms anyone. He can say what he pleases. Our Constitutions holds this right in the highest regard.

I think our disagreement lies in whether he has the ability to say what he says vs believing what he says. He can say what he wants. No one should stop him. In regards to believing what he says, that is a personal decision. 

12 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree with the Whaley hate, he was a major reason for the drought. I said when Whaley was in his 2nd year that he needed to be fired and no other team would sign him, he was that bad.

Williams has nobody to blame but himself, he came into camp so out of shape. 

Brandon was the bigger problem, Whaley was undermined at every turn- not saying that Whaley didn’t suck because he did! 

56 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

No, I cannot. There are no laws to prevent someone from expressing their feelings. Nothing he said impedes on the right of others not harms anyone. He can say what he pleases. Our Constitutions holds this right in the highest regard.

I think our disagreement lies in whether he has the ability to say what he says vs believing what he says. He can say what he wants. No one should stop him. In regards to believing what he says, that is a personal decision. 

Oh, I'll defend your right to say whatever you want to the death.  But that doesn't make you immune from criticism.

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

BP was neither, was it short sighted on BPs part? Answer is no, Bill was already financially set for life at that point.  Ralph in effect cut his nose off to spite his face, and the Bills spiraled into the abyss a few years after BP left.  Never be afraid to speak truth to power. 

Go Bills!!!

So essentially what your saying is Polian quit. There was no way Ralph wasn’t going to defend his daughter, if Polian assumed he was so important that his boss would tolerate his transgression then he was an idiot. Polian didn’t take his money and buy a franchise in a start up league, Ralph did. Polian didn’t save the league by lending money to other franchises Ralph did. Ralph may not have been a good owner, but he was the owner. 

20 minutes ago, chris heff said:

So essentially what your saying is Polian quit. There was no way Ralph wasn’t going to defend his daughter, if Polian assumed he was so important that his boss would tolerate his transgression then he was an idiot. Polian didn’t take his money and buy a franchise in a start up league, Ralph did. Polian didn’t save the league by lending money to other franchises Ralph did. Ralph may not have been a good owner, but he was the owner. 

I would say “cutting off his nose to spit his face” is the perfect analogy here.  It was a mistake...period.   And many Bills fans paid for that mistake - BIGLY!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I would say “cutting off his nose to spit his face” is the perfect analogy here.  It was a mistake...period.   And many Bills fans paid for that mistake - BIGLY!

Yeah Phil you’re right looking at it as a fan. Polian got fired from two other jobs and went on to TV. Ralph lived into his nineties, did something he loved and built for a lifetime. Ralph died and his family sold a franchise that Ralph bought for $25k for $1.4b. The Wilson foundation then used part of that money to enhance both Buffalo and Detroit. If that isn’t enough for you than as a fan maybe  you can appreciate that Ralph made moving the Bills very difficult for new ownership. How’d that turn out for fans. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

How is it that any of that ancient history is relevant to this discussion? 

Ralph did good by Buffalo in the long run, but put the organization in a pitiful position by the time he passed. 

Ralph had a choice. His ego got in the way of the correct one. Owners have an obligation to their employees to not do stupid things if they want them to buy in to working for them. BP spoke from a position of power, he knew full well he would be re-employed and enjoy continued success. Ralph on the other hand was to busy sowing the seeds of his own organizations down fall to realize that. History bears this out. 
nuthin but luv fellow fan, ? just a discussion. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

How is it that any of that ancient history is relevant to this discussion? 

Ralph did good by Buffalo in the long run, but put the organization in a pitiful position by the time he passed. 

Ralph had a choice. His ego got in the way of the correct one. Owners have an obligation to their employees to not do stupid things if they want them to buy in to working for them. BP spoke from a position of power, he knew full well he would be re-employed and enjoy continued success. Ralph on the other hand was to busy sowing the seeds of his own organizations down fall to realize that. History bears this out. 
nuthin but luv fellow fan, ? just a discussion. 

Go Bills!!!

You and Phil keep looking  at this from a fans perspective. What did fans do after Polian was fired? We kept filling the stadium, watching  games on TV and buying jerseys. From a business stand point Ralph lost nothing by defending his daughter and firing Polian. Ralph still built a business he started for $25k to $1.4 b.