TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

How come no trades?

It would have made things a lot more interesting.

And you KNOW trades will happen in the real draft.

Come on, trades make it more fun.

?

Mock Draft 1.0 (pre FA) and 3.0 (2 weeks before the draft) have trades.  This is 2.0 (Post FA) without trades.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

How come no trades?

It would have made things a lot more interesting.

And you KNOW trades will happen in the real draft.

Come on, trades make it more fun.

?

There will be more mocks

With the 3rd pick of the second round, the Detroit Lions select Jaylon Johnson, DB, Utah St

GM:  This is a spot we wished we could have traded up or back from.  No one really screamed value so we went with someone who fits a need and matches the spot.  With the departure of Slay, we need to build that position back up.

The New Jersey Giants @Sherlock Holmesare on the clock

• Like (+1) 3

With the 4th pick of the 2nd round, the New Jersey Giants select Antoine Winfield Jr., DB, Minnesota.

We have 1 safety locked in in Peppers and we needed to set the back end with a playmaker. We have a feeling Winfield Jr. will follow in his father's footsteps and make gamechanging plays just like daddy used to on the great Buffalo Bills.

The San Diego Chargers@Johnnycage46 are on the clock

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

With the 5th pick of the 2nd round, the Chargers select Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin.

With free agency several needs were filled and at this time we are going BPA.  With the loss of Melvin Gordon, we feel this works as both taking BPA and filling a team need.  We feel we now have both our QB and RB of the future.

The Carolina Panthers @Kirby Jackson are on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

With the 6th pick of the 2nd round, the Carolina Panthers select Zack Baun, OLB Wisconsin.

The Panthers are absolutely THRILLED to draft the former high school QB. He’s a late bloomer with pro bowl potential. The Panthers have been working to rebuild their defense and have need at LB as well as pass rusher. Baun can fill multiple roles and will be a key piece moving forward. We needed someone to make plays behind the LOS and he fits nicely across from last year’s first round pick Brian Burns. Burns, Okudah and Baun is the start of a nice defensive nucleus.

@NewEra and the Miami Dolphins are now in the clock.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

With the 6th pick of the 2nd round, the Carolina Panthers select Zack Baun, OLB Wisconsin.

The Panthers are absolutely THRILLED to draft the former high school QB. He’s a late bloomer with pro bowl potential. The Panthers have been working to rebuild their defense and have need at LB as well as pass rusher. Baun can fill multiple roles and will be a key piece moving forward. We needed someone to make plays behind the LOS and he fits nicely across from last year’s first round pick Brian Burns. Burns, Okudah and Baun is the start of a nice defensive nucleus.

@NewEra and the Miami Dolphins are now in the clock.

I was hoping he would slide a few more.......good pick.

Edited by Just Joshin'

10 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I was hoping he would slide a few more.......good pick.

I took him with the Raiders 2nd 1st rounders in the first draft. He’s a guy that I think scouts will be higher on than talking heads. I think he’s going to be a really good pro.

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

Personally I would have gone Tua.....I think Love is going to self destruct.  Too many ups and downs. 

I would have gone Tua too. I only really like Burrow and Tua in this draft. I am slightly higher on Love than Herbert but both terrify me for different reasons. 

Edited by GunnerBill

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would have gone Tua too. I only really like Burrow and Tua in this draft. I am slightly higher on Love than Herbert but both terrify me for different reasons. 

Burrow is the only guy I LOVE.  I feel that his potential at that draft position is worth the risk.  I must note, the ability to stay healthy is one of the top traits I’d look for if I were a GM.  It’s a brutal sport and all bodies aren’t created equal.  Some injuries can’t be avoided.  Some can because of ones body.  I’ve just always had the feeling that he’s going to be banged up all the time.  Sometimes you just have to go with the hunch. 

I feel that the worst thing this team could do in this draft is blow the 5th pick.  I’m confidant I didn’t do that.  I feel simmons is one of a few true difference makers in this draft and the prototype at a very important position imo.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Dam, sorry guys.

the Miami Dolphins select DAndre Swift, RB Georgia.

@Billl is in the clock

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s your pick boss

i selected swift.  @Billl, you’re up