There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

AFL Guy was not alone today. He had a get together BBQ with his family and he graciously invited me. The steak and lobster was delicious but the wine was a little too sweet.  I only have myself to blame for that. When I asked if i could bring something he told me not to and I listened to him. I usually bring a bottle or two of wine just to prevent that kind of a situation. Anyway it was a fine time and I feel honored to have attended his first weekly PPP BBQ. 

Umm OK I guess. 

8 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Oregon's governor extended the lockdown to July 6?.....and I thought DiBlasio had a screw loose.......my daughter's birthday is today so I wanted to have a small cookout for the four of us......my daughter in law said, "no we can't do that...Governor Cuomo said NOTHING until May 15"...seriously?.....my daughter "broke ranks" and is coming over for bacon wrapped filet mignon, lobster tails, grilled shrimp and roasted brussel spouts with pancetta/balsamic glaze....Big Fredo is NOT invited.....SMH........

I'd come from Oregon for that until you said brussel sprouts,

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Turns out the people of Georgia aren’t stupid:

“That was the worst-case scenario, especially with all the marketing we did,” Zelaya said. “The reopening weekend was a disaster. We had two customers all weekend."”

Georgia's Reopening Has Been 'A Disaster' For Some Retailers Desperate For Revenue

What is your point here?  Did you read the whole article or just the headline and the part you quoted?  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What is your point here?  Did you read the whole article or just the headline and the part you quoted?  

Two points:

1) Consumers own the economy. People will go out when they feel safe.

2) The end of stay at home orders doesn’t mean the pandemic is over. It means they currently have room for you in the ICU. 

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Two points:

2) The end of stay at home orders doesn’t mean the pandemic is over. It means they currently have room for you in the ICU. 

Point one. Unfortunately they can go out when the government feels it safe. See the difference?  

Point two. No one said that meant the pandemic is over. It means the economy needs to get back to work. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Two points:

So #2 is exactly where we were before this all started....right? Next!

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

Two points:

You nailed it. That was exactly the purpose of the shutdown, social distancing, masks, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yep, I was saying this a couple weeks ago that the tide was going to turn on this.   Not as quickly as I had envisioned but it's definitely turning.   What's beginning to happen and you are seeing this occur in California is that you are having the righties with the anti vaxxing lefties unite on this issue.  Watching them protest together is truly a sight to behold.

Edit:  I know these anti vaxxing lefty types, they are the sort of friends that I used to go to music festivals out in Northern California with. :lol:

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2