Are Car Dealerships and/or DMVs Closed Down in Your State?

Gugny

Found it interesting (I'm being kind) that a FB friend of mine in Florida went out and bought a new car out of boredom yesterday.

What state do you live in and are dealerships closed?  Are DMVs closed in your state?

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Found it interesting (I'm being kind) that a FB friend of mine in Florida went out and bought a new car out of boredom yesterday.

What state do you live in and are dealerships closed?  Are DMVs closed in your state?

Most of the DMV stuff can be done online, not sure how that works with a new vehicle though. I'm in Florida and I "think" they waived off renewals for now.

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Might be the very best thing ever to happen to the DMV.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Might be the very best thing ever to happen to the DMV.

what is going to be interesting, is to see what comes out the other side. how many 'services' will become online only. much of the existing brick and mortar is obsolete, it just doesn't know it yet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

My state is generally not closed down.  My county will have a stay-at-home order starting 12:01 pm tonight, but the neighboring county is still fully open for business.

? this piecemeal *****

In this county only the repair and service side will be open.

19 minutes ago, Foxx said:

what is going to be interesting, is to see what comes out the other side. how many 'services' will become online only. much of the existing brick and mortar is obsolete, it just doesn't know it yet.

As said before massive changes are coming in automation in areas unimagined before now.  Patty and Selma will be getting their mandatory retirement notices soon.  All kidding aside my experiences at the local DMV have been positive over the years.

59 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don’t care what Zuckerberg calls them, they’re ‘acquaintances’.  ?

At least he didn’t ‘Robert Neville’ it, and just take the car...?

11 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Dealerships are closed in PA. Service and repair is open.

from reading some articles, I think a lot of car dealers are going to be asking for waivers to

operate.

They’re sort of in a gray area when it comes to being “essential.”  When someone’s car breaks down and they need a new car, seems like it’s pretty essential! 

West (By God) Virginia  has closed  the DMV offices, but the majority of transactions can be done

online, in the mail (renewals)  or at several Kiosks located around the state.

Dealerships are open.  Co-worker bought a car this weekend.  If you saw the old one,

you'd understand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

I logged onto the VA site and got a OFFICE CLOSED message this AM.  I did pay fro my registration and I do expect to get a sticker soon. 

Due to COVID-19, all Virginia DMV customer service centers are closed March 18 until April 2. Driver and vehicle credentials have been extended 60 days.

on Friday I was in for an emissions test and one of the guys was saying the state was closing down State Inspections,  

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1