Gonna go out on a limb and say Belichick retires

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We cant say that after always saying for decades nothing matters more than the QB.  Stacked team or not, we are talking about a guy no one ever heard of that they actually drafted despite never seeing the field in college.  I mean the man had not started a game since HS.  When Brady was suspended, Pats weren't so dangerous, including us blowing them out week 4...because their QB was wack.  Yet Brady won the SB that year with that same roster.

So...for me...I learned, don't write off BB before teams hit the field.  

We played their third string QB the year Brady was suspended. Jimmy G was the starter and was 2-0.  He goes down and Brisset still shuts out the Texans.  Brissett broke his thumb in that  game and was immediately IR'd in week 5 when Brady was eligible to return to the 3-1 Pats.  

I fully expect NE to be competitive next year.

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

We played their third string QB the year Brady was suspended. Jimmy G was the starter and was 2-0.  He goes down and Brisset still shuts out the Texans.  Brissett broke his thumb in that  game and was immediately IR'd in week 5 when Brady was eligible to return to the 3-1 Pats.  

So which guy would have gotten them that SB winning season:  Jimmy G or Brissett?

NE as is won't compete with the Bills for the Division, unless they bring in someone significant at QB.  Who is that?

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I do too...my original point was that I wont count BB out until I see it on the field.  

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be honest, I think they will be a better team without Brady.  You give Bellicheat a scrambler again, beware.  

One of the most intriguing offseason personnel questions throughout the league is which qb are the Patriots going to pursue now that Brady has departed. If I had to guess I would say Dalton. Without question BB is the best HC in the game and arguably in the history of the game. He has had a history of allowing top tier players to leave because of a reluctance to pay players who wanted more money, and his teams still won. 

Tom Brady is an iconic player who made a decision in his best interest. BB is an iconic HC who also made a decision in his team's best interest, or at least as he perceives it. There is no good guy or bad guy in this scenario. Player movement is an inescapable part of the business that no player or organization is immune from. 

Listening to Belichick talk, I don't get the impression this is a guy who feels like he has anything left to prove. 

But if he still loves the challenge of coaching, he'll still coach.  If was going to retire prior to the 2020 season, I think he would have done so by now.  

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

One of the most intriguing offseason personnel questions throughout the league is which qb are the Patriots going to pursue now that Brady has departed. If I had to guess I would say Dalton. Without question BB is the best HC in the game and arguably in the history of the game. He has had a history of allowing top tier players to leave because of a reluctance to pay players who wanted more money, and his teams still won. 

Tom Brady is an iconic player who made a decision in his best interest. BB is an iconic HC who also made a decision in his team's best interest, or at least as he perceives it. There is no good guy or bad guy in this scenario. Player movement is an inescapable part of the business that no player or organization is immune from. 

But I don’t want to hate Dalton 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's face it. The Pats are in the mess they are in now, in cap hell with no heir apparent to Brady, thanks to Bob Kraft. Belichick had Jimmy G all ready to step in  by now. But Kraft heard Tawmmy's cry and pout and made Bill trade away Jimmy for basically nothing. So the last few years Belichick was being ruled by Brady because Kraft backed Tom, not him.  So now, Belichick has a real mess not entirely his own making.  So why stick around and tarnish his legacy?

Bill could retire to a cushy TV job, or just sail his boat and get laid for the next year. Rather than put up with this crap show, compounded by the Coronavirus. So I predict Bill will announce his retirement before the draft, to stick it to Krafty Bob for siding with Tawmmy.

“Bill could retire to a cushy TV Job?”

Uh have you heard Bill’s press conferences?  He’s a terrible talker

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

But I don’t want to hate Dalton 

It would be a good situation for him. It's probable that the Bengals will want to immediately install Burrow as their qb. So moving him would be the best thing for the Bengals and also for him. There is an obvious match. The next issue is what is his value on the market. Dalton has been a loyal player for a faltering organization. I would like to see him go to a situation that's good for him.