Houston fan's reaction to the Nuk trade...

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

this move just makes zero sense.  You have a top 10 qb and you trade away the leagues best receiver for a washed up, expensive rb?  It is one of the dumbest trades in the history of the world.

Said top 10 QB's salary is about to go massively up.  They also likely want to pay tunsil and fuller.  I don't think it was wise to trade hopkins for so little, or at all.  But i think i understand the reasoning.  

5 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/hopkins-traded-to-cardinals.115052/

If I were Bill O'Brien, I wouldn't go to the grocery store in Houston any time soon.  ?   For those of you still stinging from the playoff loss to Houston last season, please bathe in the tears of Texans' Nation and be rejuvenated....  

scha·den·freu·de
/ˈSHädənˌfroidə/
noun
  1. pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.
    "a business that thrives on schadenfreude"

giphy.gif

Applies to the cheaters and them crying rivers over Brady

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I still can't believe how bad this trade was.  How dumb can O'Brien be?  Brian Gaine reaction when he read the news.

abr

So, you are saying that Brian Gaine touched his face?????????

3 hours ago, stuvian said:

I'll still give Jacksonville the #1 dumpster fire ranking but this is the closest thing i've seen to the Herschel Walker trade in my lifetime

This is much worse since the Cowboys lied about their intentions with the players traded. Minnesota thought the Cowboys were taking players they did not need or use, Cowboys just cut them and turned them into draft picks.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Said top 10 QB's salary is about to go massively up.  They also likely want to pay tunsil and fuller.  I don't think it was wise to trade hopkins for so little, or at all.  But i think i understand the reasoning.  

I can understand the trade if he got back a 1st and a second without taking on Johnson but this trade makes no sense since Hopkins is currently under the team friendly part of contract for 3 more years. This is a move you make during a year down.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This is much worse since the Cowboys lied about their intentions with the players traded. Minnesota thought the Cowboys were taking players they did not need or use, Cowboys just cut them and turned them into draft picks.

I can understand the trade if he got back a 1st and a second without taking on Johnson but this trade makes no sense since Hopkins is currently under the team friendly part of contract for 3 more years. This is a move you make during a year down.

I think i understand why...  i just dont understand the return at all.  At least get the 2021 first or something if they wouldn't part with 2020.  

I think Hopkins isn't playing under his current deal - thats part of why obrien did it.

4 hours ago, gjv001 said:

I believe we made a run for Hopkins. I also feel our offer was better than what he got from Arizona. But O'Brien didn't want to see Hopkins in a Bills uniform lining up against him in next years playoff round.

Yeah, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Hopkins ended up moving from the AFC to NFC, and Diggs from the NFC to AFC.

arizona gave up pick #40. We gave up #22. Maybe he didn’t view that 18 spot difference as worth potentially having to battle against Hopkins in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. 

I also read that BOB actually placed value on David Johnson and thinks he’s a great candidate to have a bounce back year for Houston.

Hypothetically, What if they wanted Singletary + 2nd from us? 

Personally, I think I’d take the Diggs trade. Yeah, we may get a better player than Singletary with that #22 pick this year, but it’s not a guarantee. And I like Motor an awful lot. Plus the Bills already spent a year developing him and had Gore mentoring him.

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Hopkins ended up moving from the AFC to NFC, and Diggs from the NFC to AFC.

arizona gave up pick #40. We gave up #22. Maybe he didn’t view that 18 spot difference as worth potentially having to battle against Hopkins in the playoffs for the foreseeable future. 

I also read that BOB actually placed value on David Johnson and thinks he’s a great candidate to have a bounce back year for Houston.

Hypothetically, What if they wanted Singletary + 2nd from us? 

Personally, I think I’d take the Diggs trade. Yeah, we may get a better player than Singletary with that #22 pick this year, but it’s not a guarantee. And I like Motor an awful lot. Plus the Bills already spent a year developing him and had Gore mentoring him.

David Johnson isn't a bad football player.  He's overpaid.  

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Maybe the dumbest trade in NFL history. 

The Minnesota for Herschel Walker deal is still probably the worst as it allowed Dallas to build basically their 90's squad, followed by Mike Ditka's trade up for Ricky Williams. I'd rank this one as 3rd. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Does not sound like David Johnson is going to get a warm welcome by the fans feel sorry for the guy. Don't think they will be running out to buy his Jersey. 

He’s in a no win position w regard to the fan base. I’d be bummed if I were DJ. Hop was their best or second best player ever according to their fans and beloved. 

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

David Johnson isn't a bad football player.  He's overpaid.  

He just can’t have the impact Hop had. He’ll never measure up to their fan base no matter what he does.

Edited by BuffaloBill963

6 minutes ago, foreboding said:

They are right, you do not trade DHop. He is a beast and a clear game changer. So dumb and illustrates why sharing (GM/Coach) power is important.

If you do - you need someone to correctly value him in a trade.  

I'm not sure why they felt fuller/stills/cobb was more important than hopkins.  Very bizarre.