There is some positive to the days trades, in terms of the Bills

Hopkins going to AZ and them NOT giving up their first to Houston basically takes a WR being taken in that slot completely out of the mix.  And they have been pretty consistently mocked to take Lamb.  

Now, Indy trading their pick to SF also takes Indy out of the running for a WR, which they were also somewhat mocked to maybe take a WR.

Its not out the question, SF could take a WR, but they also dont need to given depth at WR this draft and a nice young WR in place to go with an Elite TE.  Part of me wonders if this is part of a move to go up and get a QB.

So one slot and possibly two draft slots ahead of us are no longer going to be spots for a WR.  Odds that at least one of Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs to last to 16 or later has now just gone up IMO and maybe even one will last to us at 22.  At the very least, I think it makes that one getting to Atlanta at 16 much more probable now and I think that Beane will be interested in going to get one at that point.

EDIT:  As some have pointed out, 13 might be an intriguing place for us to move up to with SF as well to get Juedy/Lamb.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hopkins going to AZ and them NOT giving up their first to Houston basically takes a WR being taken in that slot completely out of the mix.  And they have been pretty consistently mocked to take Lamb.  

Now, Indy trading their pick to SF also takes Indy out of the running for a WR, which they were also somewhat mocked to maybe take a WR.

Its not out the question, SF could take a WR, but they also dont need to given depth at WR this draft and a nice young WR in place to go with an Elite TE.  Part of me wonders if this is part of a move to go up and get a QB.

So one slot and possibly two draft slots ahead of us are no longer going to be spots for a WR.  Odds that at least one of Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs to last to 16 or later has now just gone up IMO and maybe even one will last to us at 22.  At the very least, I think it makes that one getting to Atlanta at 16 much more probable now and I think that Beane will be interested in going to get one at that point.

I think the Niners will be looking to trade back, since they have no picks in rounds 2-4.  13 is the perfect spot for someone who wants one of the top 3 receivers.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

EDIT:  As some have pointed out, 13 might be an intriguing place for us to move up to with SF as well to get Juedy/Lamb.  

Agree with this. Today's trades increase the chances that Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs slip to us or to a spot where we can afford to go up. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Excellent points Alpha. My two bits:

1.Just dont want to trade with 49ers .. they always get a lot out of their trades (which means the counterparty loses) - see Garoppolo, Buckner, swapping #2 and #3 with Chicago etc.

2. Why not trade with TB at #14 instead of Atlanta at #16? - Denver is taking a WR at #15.

Its NOT been a good day for the Jets and Dolphins though. So many threads on their sites talking about Thuney, Scherff and Conklin. Between them the only OL they have signed is Ereck Flowers ...

Go ahead and cross Vaitai off that list too. Despair is creeping into their FA thread. Its well worth a look...

Edited by Seoulofstone
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Interesting but I am firmly against trading up, particularly for a WR in a very deep draft

Edited by hmsmystic

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Excellent points Alpha. My two bits:

1.Just dont want to trade with 49ers .. they always get a lot out of their trades (which means the counterparty loses) - see Garoppolo, Buckner, swapping #2 and #3 with Chicago etc.

2. Why not trade with TB at #14 instead of Atlanta at #16? - Denver is taking a WR at #15.

All good points.  My personal opinion is that I am not sold Brady goes to TB.  So I think Bucs may look to stay pat and force themselves to take one of the left over QB's if they dont get Brady.

Now if Brady goes there (again, believe it when I see it), might be intriguing spot for a trade up for sure. 

Like you, I am skeptical the cost to get to 13 will be something Beane will pay, and agree Lynch is a good GM who has extracted a lot of value in his trades which could make that slot even more expensive.  And in a rich WR draft, I have high doubts Beane makes a real expensive trade up.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Been thinking the same thing.  That being said, I don’t think one of the big 3 fall to us at 22.  I just think it’ll just make it a little cheaper if we’re looking to trade up.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

Its NOT been a good day for the Jets and Dolphins though. So many threads on their sites talking about Thuney, Scherff and Conklin. Between them the only OL they have signed is Ereck Flowers ...

And paid too much IMO.  Makes Spain look like the deal of the century in comparison IMO.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

Interesting but I am firmly against trading up, particularly for a WR in a very deep draft

I don’t want to give away pick 54 to move up, but Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs are a level above the next group of Jefferson, Higgins and a few others.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks! I’ll put the razor blade down. For now..

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seoulofstone said:

Go ahead and cross Vaitai off that list too. Despair is creeping into their FA thread. Its well worth a look...

Better for us if we are going WR in the draft. Since it suggests a near certainty the Jets will try to take one of the 4 O-Linemen (likely the last of them will be available at 11). 

• Like (+1) 1