Bills sign Josh Norman

All this banter back and forth for a guy who may not even make the team. Moreover, I'll bet my bottom dollar that if Norman makes the team its because McDermott was able to revitalize at least some form of ability.

However, with how absolutely awful Norman was in Wash, all the excuses in the world wont get that juice/step back... so let's not act like this is a good or bad move until we actually get to the season.

This signing will in no way preclude the Bills from addressing the position further, as they see fit.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Nobody said ‘Amp Lee’ quite like Pat did.

or how about - "60 minutes followed by ........Murder....................................................................................................................she wrote".

59 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

See this would make sense if his former HC in Ron Rivera wasn't the HC in Washington now.

Who knows if Rivera will still run the same defense that they ran in Carolina? Maybe Norman just wanted out, eh? Maybe Snyder just couldn't stand him? We just don't know, do we?

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

All this banter back and forth for a guy who may not even make the team. Moreover, I'll bet my bottom dollar that if Norman makes the team its because McDermott was able to revitalize at least some form of ability.

However, with how absolutely awful Norman was in Wash, all the excuses in the world wont get that juice/step back... so let's not act like this is a good or bad move until we actually get to the season.

This signing will in no way preclude the Bills from addressing the position further, as they see fit.

His game isn't predicated on athleticism...it's about reading the QB and being in the right spots.

Josh Norman can still be very good, and Buffalo is the perfect place for that to happen.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you liked Tolbert and Boldin? 

Anquan yes, at the time. Thought he would be a great veteran leader for the room.

Tolbert, indifferent. it was less than a mil. 

Edit - mixing up my years, though bolden was signed in 2018. ignore this

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

He didn't play with this defense in this scheme.  Fret not.  He fits what the Bills do.

Could it be that Josh Norman, who was never the fastest nor most agile, at 33 just cant keep up anymore?

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Anquan yes, at the time. Thought he would be a great veteran leader for the room and could be a good outlet for Allen.

Tolbert, indifferent. it was less than a mil. 

well, Allen wasn’t on the team at that time. It was Tah-Rod

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You should listen more closely. It's a 1 year deal and you pay a higher salary for that. He may be cut before he ever takes the field and the deal allows the Bills to do that without much in the way of complications.

Are details out? How much is guaranteed? 

He has been absolutely terrible the last couple years. I know about the different systems and all, but hoping he makes a big comeback at 32 requires some wishful thinking. I hope the guarantee is small in case they find out he's toast.

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

His game isn't predicated on athleticism...it's about reading the QB and being in the right spots.

Josh Norman can still be very good, and Buffalo is the perfect place for that to happen.

In no way, shape, or form is athletic ability ever not important for skill positions. Yes, in a zone scheme isnt not as relied upon, but you absolutely still need athletic ability. This is why Levi Wallace struggles, hes limited athletically, this is something Joe Marino has touched on a handful of times. 

Dismissing it is painting a rose colored glasses narrative that just isnt true.

Would I like to see Norman succeed, surely, but with teams absolutely shying away from throwing Tre's way, you need a good CB2. Can Norman be that, maybe... doubtful

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

In no way, shape, or form is athletic ability ever not important for skill positions. Yes, in a zone scheme isnt not as relied upon, but you absolutely still need athletic ability. This is why Levi Wallace struggles, hes limited athletically, this is something Joe Marino has touched on a handful of times. 

Dismissing it is painting a rose colored glasses narrative that just isnt true.

Would I like to see Norman succeed, surely, but with teams absolutely shying away from throwing Tre's way, you need a good CB2. Can Norman be that, maybe... doubtful

I would be surprised if they don’t draft a potential CB2

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I would be surprised if they don’t draft a potential CB2

I agree, I think there is a strong possibility they look to draft someone. There are some really good corners in this class too boot. I have really fallen for Hall out of Virginia.

16 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

or how about - "60 minutes followed by ........Murder....................................................................................................................she wrote".

Must have figured the more time he used up, the less time Madden had for ‘Maddenisms’.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Yeah, I'm going to lean on the side of Beane and McDermott....you know, two guys that know Norman's game inside and out and how he will fit into the Bills scheme.

I agree with you.  I didn't see anything about how much, if any, of the money is guaranteed.  The smaller that number, the less risk is involved and the better this whole signing is.