Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame

OnTheRocks

Just now, Bobby Hooks said:

Are you purposefully ignoring what I said because it ruins your narrative? 

The Bills have never shown any interest in taking it down, only a few holier than thou knuckleheads twice a year decide it’s and important endeavor. 

Like you said, it’s as easy as taking down a lightbulb, but alas, it’s still there! 

Obviously, that means they want it there. Making your self righteous OPINION moot. 

It is my opinion. I never said anything otherwise. Literally said "should" not "must". Who hurt you?

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It is my opinion. I never said anything otherwise. Literally said "should" not "must". Who hurt you?

“Who hurt you?” Kind of a cop-out, no? 

I hate that I have to explain this. But what we’re doing is having a discussion with two opposing viewpoints. One might call it a debate. You say they should do something and I say they can do whatever they’d like, I happen to believe the name should stay but I’d never be so myopic to believe they should do something just because I believe it’s the right thing. 

I try to look at things logically. I know that my opinion is biased based on my personal beliefs and ideals. I understand that maybe they have reasons that I have not thought of personally, or care to take time thinking of, so obviously I’ll defer to their choice. 

You on the other hand seem to go off of feelings and how things personally feel to you and spout those beliefs like they’re fact, and when people call you out you go the cliched message board humor route for a quick exit. 

Thats fine if you don’t care about discussing it anymore but be honest about it. Don’t just grab the lowest hanging fruit you can find, and start slingin’ it around. It’s lazy. 

29 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Can’t ignore that the man ran for 10,000 yards in this uniform and gave us five years of one of the greatest RB careers 

I'm not sure who you're talking about, but I hold the very unpopular opinion that Cookie G., has absolutely NO BUSINESS being on the wall.

Thurman and Fred.  That's who belongs up there for RB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not sure who you're talking about, but I hold the very unpopular opinion that Cookie G., has absolutely NO BUSINESS being on the wall.

image.jpeg.4c18029fd70af869b91b8e23fe8ee182.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

i'd want Gil Perreault to stay up there for the Sabres honouring even if he snapped one day and did something horrible

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

“Who hurt you?” Kind of a cop-out, no? 

I hate that I have to explain this. But what we’re doing is having a discussion with two opposing viewpoints. One might call it a debate. You say they should do something and I say they can do whatever they’d like, I happen to believe the name should stay but I’d never be so myopic to believe they should do something just because I believe it’s the right thing. 

I try to look at things logically. I know that my opinion is biased based on my personal beliefs and ideals. I understand that maybe they have reasons that I have not thought of personally, or care to take time thinking of, so obviously I’ll defer to their choice. 

You on the other hand seem to go off of feelings and how things personally feel to you and spout those beliefs like they’re fact, and when people call you out you go the cliched message board humor route for a quick exit. 

Thats fine if you don’t care about discussing it anymore but be honest about it. Don’t just grab the lowest hanging fruit you can find, and start slingin’ it around. It’s lazy. 

Oh good, someone new to a message board who thinks theyre the smartest guy in the room because you believe you're "logical" when in fact you arent.

You say above "You say they should do something and I say they can do whatever they’d like", yet your very first post in this discussion said:

20 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

That’s not how it works. You can’t just decide you don’t believe something your court system decided and arbitrarily strip someone of all their accomplishments. 

Directly implying that the Bills can NOT do whatever they like. Key absolute "can't". When they in fact can arbitrarily strip him of his accomplishments as they see fit if they so choose to.

YOU said they can't. All I ever said is that they "should", not that they must. Of course they can do whatever they like.

Maybe the problem is I know to state my opinions as opinions, and you phrase your opinions as facts.

I'm done discussing with you because you cant even follow your own discussion, and are bad at it. Agree to disagree. Bye.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

10 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

What is your beef with Ruben? His peers, by virtue of his numerous pro bowls, thought very highly of this opponent of theirs. Yet they don't know anything do they?

Quit on the team in 2003. Don’t really want to see Moulds up there after the 2005 season either.

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

Quit on the team in 2003. Don’t really want to see Moulds up there after the 2005 season either.

Did Ruben quit on the team? I distinctly recall him being deactivated for the finale after he launched himself across the table to get at Gregg-o because he was so pissed off. He gets he-earned-the-right-to-his-aggro-freakout merit points from me for that, not he-quit-on-the-team demerit points!

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Did Ruben quit on the team? I distinctly recall him being deactivated for the finale after he launched himself across the table to get at Gregg-o because he was so pissed off. He gets he-earned-the-right-to-his-aggro-freakout merit points from me for that, not he-quit-on-the-team demerit points!

I believe it was Gilbride. As I’ve said before, he would’ve only gotten points if he would’ve gone after Bledsoe like TKO did (AVP getting negative points of course by breaking his hand trying to pull TKO away).

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

What do you guys think about taking OJ off the Wall?  Allegedly he killed some people.  Ready for some more serious debate?!??!

maybe we could meet in the middle and change the name simpson to norberg.  

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

What do you guys think about taking OJ off the Wall?  Allegedly he killed some people.  Ready for some more serious debate?!??!

it is good to find out people on here never thought about the concept ever till this week

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The sad thing is that Moulds could’ve been a HOF receiver if he only had a better QB throwing him the ball. 

100s have missed out on that combo, either WR or QB, maybe 1000s

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Completely agree, but idk if moulds would even be considered to be put on the WOF

he and Moorman are the hi-lites of a lot of years I prefer to forget about, now that there is hope in the air  :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1