Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame

OnTheRocks

59 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The NFL's policy doesnt require a court conviction to determine conduct detrimental to the league. They are their own private company free to make their own rules, so they totally can decide to strip someone of their accomplishments as they see fit.

Plus, he's since spent time in jail for other actions.

Take him down.

But the NFL and the Bills aren’t asking that it be taken down are they? 

As far as I can tell it’s just a few knuckleheads on a message board that think their personal ideals are more important than law and the “private company” that had decided to keep it up. As evidenced by the fact that it’s, you know, still up. 

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He’s easily my top 3 over-rated Bills players of the past 20 years and he quit on the team. 

You’re breaking my heart 

Quit on the team????????????????????

Image result for broke my heart gif

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Oj wasnt found guilty so it would be ridiculous to remove him. 

“Oh well, we know he was found not guilty by the court system and his peers but we don’t believe it, so...”

That’s not how it works. You can’t just decide you don’t believe something your court system decided and arbitrarily strip someone of all their accomplishments. 

No it wouldn’t,  The court system so obviously failed,  Yes you can, because he is scum and any record of him ever having been alive should be expunged, starting with the birth certificate. 

Lou Saban should have been on there a long long time ago but it's pretty apparent that being the person he was he pissed Ralph off & given Ralph's apparent ego he decided that as long as he owned the team it would be a cold day in Buffalo before Lou got on the WOF .

Bennett for sure is Talley on there if not he should be !! 

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Quit on the team????????????????????

Image result for broke my heart gif

He decided to “retire” but was talking to other teams immediately.  The team was transitioning defensive style and wanted to take his toys and go home. 

No one had any idea it was coming 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

He decided to “retire” but was talking to other teams immediately.  The team was transitioning defensive style and wanted to take his toys and go home. 

After a long and fairly fruitful career in Buffalo. He went through a ton of crappy years with the team with basically nothing to show for it. Plus he never actually played for another team.

I wouldn't put him on the wall personally, but I don't think there's any reason to hold a grudge against him.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

So he spends nine seasons (eight of them, he played 16 games) with an organization owned and run by boobs, then decides to move on … and HE's at fault???

Edited by Gugny

42 minutes ago, T master said:

Lou Saban should have been on there a long long time ago but it's pretty apparent that being the person he was he pissed Ralph off & given Ralph's apparent ego he decided that as long as he owned the team it would be a cold day in Buffalo before Lou got on the WOF .

Bennett for sure is Talley on there if not he should be !! 

According to the Bills website, Saban was put on the wall in 2015. 

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

No to Chuck Knox.  He was an earlier version of Doug Marrone.

I know, he left because Ralph was cheap but he did leave with a year left on his contract.

Knox’s contract expired and he was able to go to Seattle. He signed a 5 year deal and completed the terms of that contract.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Everyone from your list but Ruben is fine with me. I’d start with Butch Byrd though.

Absolutely! I’m not sure how Butch Byrd could not be up there already. He is #1 on our all-time interception list with 40 in only 98 games. Tony Greene is 2nd with 37 in 128 games. Great player, great guy and should be up there already. Am I missing something about him that explains why he’s not up there? 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Knox turned the franchise around quickly, as he did in LA & Seattle. In 3 seasons, we went from laughing stock to Division Champs. Bermuda Triangle, Jerry Butler, Frank Lewis, Joe Cribbs, Phil Vilapiano, Isiah Robertson, Conrad Doebler, solid kicking game. Huge turnaround! 

#Talkin’Proud

Here, have one of these:

image.thumb.jpeg.4a938975f1881d04bab21d0f55f7e39e.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So he spends nine seasons (eight of them, he played 16 games) with an organization owned and run by boobs, then decides to move on … and HE's at fault???

I’m glad we could come to an understanding