Who is the biggest Fool’s Gold FA this year?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I am wondering what your opinions are of LaAdrian Waddle the OT that we picked up and put on IR

Do you think he has talent or does he fall into this catagory?

if i'm not mistaken nate solder has been a disappointment since signing a huge deal in NY. then didnt they fill his spot with trent brown? and if i'm not mistaken browns play earned him a massive deal with the raiders just to get demoted from his LT spot by first portion of this last season.

truly the most elite of coaching up in NE, IMO. they literally get the very best out of their guys. guys that seem to usually be average contributors elsewhere.

waddle I think is solid depth. nothing more. his contract and play say as much.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

20 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

As for Phillips nothing wrong with a transitional tag on a DT that played in 16 games, starter in 9 (per NFL.com), had 9.5 sacks and will get paid by someone. It's a 50-50 gamble that he would be top 10 money after FA, but bluff a bit Buffalo. When you transition tag a DT with 9.5 sacks, ears perk up a bit. Boost the value of a guy about to walk away for nothing.

Should add to a comp pick at worst if it's played right. J Phillips is the model Transition tag player IMO. Top 10 salary when flush with cash for another one year/ prove it contract (motivation if he is on the Bills), and will get compensation if another team outbids the Bills. Buffalo is woeful in managing this aspect of the cap.

From Sporting news (2019)

Non-exclusive tags are most commonly used. It means a team will pay the tagged player no less than the average of the five highest salaries at the player’s position, or 120 percent of the player’s cap number from the previous season, whichever is greater. The player is allowed to negotiate with other teams, but his current team can match any offer sheet. If a player's current team declines to match another team's offer, it will be awarded two first-round draft picks as compensation.

Transition tags pay a player the average of the 10 highest-paid players at his position. A tagged player is allowed to negotiate with other teams. The player’s current team can match any offer given to a transition-tagged player, but the team will not be given compensation if it decides not to match.

you lose the comp pick since you had control and chose to pass, I believe.

On 2/24/2020 at 7:00 PM, HOUSE said:

Marcel Dareus

If  anyone pays him big money this will be the answer- but I doubt he gets it

3 hours ago, somnus00 said:

Clowney... 

I wonder if he remains motivated- I doubt it but I have very little reason for that.

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Clowney?

The dudes a game changer. Overall better player than Ngakoue.

Hes going to get paid because teams know this. They watchand study him play. They don't just check the stat sheet. 

We're talking about Ngakoue, not clowney. Message boards aren't that hard.

Edited by jeremy2020

On 2/25/2020 at 7:22 PM, NoSaint said:

you lose the comp pick since you had control and chose to pass, I believe.

you are correct on a transitional tag, it's only a right of first refusal :bag:

Other tags are different. I stand corrected on the transitional part.

I will be interested in seeing what his market rate is, and if it would be worth it to match.

6 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

you are correct on a transitional tag, it's only a right of first refusal :bag:

Other tags are different. I stand corrected on the transitional part.

I will be interested in seeing what his market rate is, and if it would be worth it to match.

but also takes him out of the comp pick formula on top of that. Given we are likely buyers in free agency that’s likely not a huge deal though.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

but also takes him out of the comp pick formula on top of that. Given we are likely buyers in free agency that’s likely not a huge deal though.

It does, think I acknowledged that.

But I would like a right of first refusal if an offer is manageable. J Phillips found a fit here, and I'd like a chance to keep him without overvaluing his market.

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

It does, think I acknowledged that.

But I would like a right of first refusal if an offer is manageable. J Phillips found a fit here, and I'd like a chance to keep him without overvaluing his market.

Got it- thought you were saying they wouldn’t get a pick like the franchise tag, not the effect on the comp pick formula 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/24/2020 at 9:35 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

I agree. He is a solid WR but not a gamebreaker.   He is not Julio, Hopkins, AJ, or AB.  Hell I'm not even sure he is Smith-Schuster  level.  He's probably a 8-12 ranking type of player who will get paid like he is top 3.  

At this  Point sign me up for an expensive 3 year deal if it needs done,  And draft one in the 1st 2 rounds is well I'm sick of incompetence