2020 NFL Combine

YoloinOhio

So nice to not need a QB :thumbsup: 

On 2/24/2020 at 8:50 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Oh no Jake from State Fromm has tiny hands 

4/8?? Are we not reducing fractions anymore?? 1/2" people ! !

Also if you are 6'1" 7 /8 you're 6'2" lets get real already , its like gas when it says 255.99 when we know its 256.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 hours ago, ALF said:
NFL Combine on NFL Network
  • Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts.
  • Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB. ...
  • Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB. ...
  • Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

this sucks, now im missing everything because I'll be at work.

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

PFF’s player comp for Shenault is Saquon

HELL yeah ,sign me up, someone that athletic in the open field, take that all day, plus he really fights for the ball and his childhood makes him a real fighter, guy is process and super athlete, whats not to love.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

this sucks, now im missing everything because I'll be at work.

HELL yeah ,sign me up, someone that athletic in the open field, take that all day, plus he really fights for the ball and his childhood makes him a real fighter, guy is process and super athlete, whats not to love.

I’m still skeptical of Shenault’s skill set personally. Also don’t think he really fills the hole in our starting lineup, at least not right away. He becomes a lot more interesting to me if we get someone like AJ or Jeffery in addition because then we can use Shenault in his best spots instead of trying to force him to be something he’s not.

He’s an absolute load to try to tackle though once you get the ball in his hands.

Ultimately though I think Reagor and Aiyuk can do the same things as Shenault but better. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I’m still skeptical of Shenault’s skill set personally. Also don’t think he really fills the hole in our starting lineup, at least not right away. He becomes a lot more interesting to me if we get someone like AJ or Jeffery in addition because then we can use Shenault in his best spots instead of trying to force him to be something he’s not.

He’s an absolute load to try to tackle though once you get the ball in his hands.

Ultimately though I think Reagor and Aiyuk can do the same things as Shenault but better. 

+1

To me Shenault's best role in the NFL is as a versatile #2. Think the way Randall Cobb played for years as the 2ndry option to Jordy Nelson. He played the slot, he played the Z, he lined up in the backfield and he ran a lot of different routes. That is where I see Shenault in the NFL.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of either of these guys. This REALLY is as deep a WR class as I have ever seen in my memory of watching the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of either of these guys. This REALLY is as deep a WR class as I have ever seen in my memory of watching the draft. 

It's seriously pretty incredible. Being a nitpicker, I do still wish we had just taken the unique physical specimen that DK offered last year, especially considering how far he slid. He would have been a natural fit for what I think we should be looking for this offseason.

But man, this draft class is so ridiculously loaded. I will be beyond upset if we don't take multiple WRs this year; it would be criminal.

I think we might end up putting ourselves in a position where we want to trade up in the 2nd round to get our guy, but hopefully that will not stop us from taking another WR on Day 3. We'll see how things shake out after the combine and pro days...after watching more film, Denzel Mims and Bryan Edwards are the Day 3 guys I've circled so far, but I kinda think Mims will be a riser in the draft process (or at least that he'll be talked about as a riser). Super raw skillset, but he has size, athleticism, and hands.

If you're interested in seeing more of these WRs, I can't recommend this YouTube channel enough: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtBCRt-5IbP1uggiqCdUvdQ

He's uploading All-22 film of every target/rush attempt these WRs get; obviously that still leaves off the plays where they aren't targeted/don't get open, but still helps a lot in showing what they're capable of.

Also, PFF released the first stage of their massive draft guide and I'm working on filtering some of the data into sub-groups (pure wideouts, pure slots, and versatile guys) so that we can compare a bit better. I'll probably try to add measureables from the Combine as we get them too. For the guys that have been watching a lot of film, I'd definitely be curious to hear if you disagree with the categories I put some of these guys into; I haven't watched film on all of them so I've been categorizing some just based on what I've heard or limited film.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14UTjsBXviD6E8eRRoyqFq2VsAJYz7AuHLt7z5DpzHhM/edit?usp=sharing

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It's seriously pretty incredible. Being a nitpicker, I do still wish we had just taken the unique physical specimen that DK offered last year, especially considering how far he slid. He would have been a natural fit for what I think we should be looking for this offseason.

But man, this draft class is so ridiculously loaded. I will be beyond upset if we don't take multiple WRs this year; it would be criminal.

I think we might end up putting ourselves in a position where we want to trade up in the 2nd round to get our guy, but hopefully that will not stop us from taking another WR on Day 3. We'll see how things shake out after the combine and pro days...after watching more film, Denzel Mims and Bryan Edwards are the Day 3 guys I've circled so far, but I kinda think Mims will be a riser in the draft process (or at least that he'll be talked about as a riser). Super raw skillset, but he has size, athleticism, and hands.

If you're interested in seeing more of these WRs, I can't recommend this YouTube channel enough: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtBCRt-5IbP1uggiqCdUvdQ

He's uploading All-22 film of every target/rush attempt these WRs get; obviously that still leaves off the plays where they aren't targeted/don't get open, but still helps a lot in showing what they're capable of.

Also, PFF released the first stage of their massive draft guide and I'm working on filtering some of the data into sub-groups (pure wideouts, pure slots, and versatile guys) so that we can compare a bit better. I'll probably try to add measureables from the Combine as we get them too. For the guys that have been watching a lot of film, I'd definitely be curious to hear if you disagree with the categories I put some of these guys into; I haven't watched film on all of them so I've been categorizing some just based on what I've heard or limited film.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14UTjsBXviD6E8eRRoyqFq2VsAJYz7AuHLt7z5DpzHhM/edit?usp=sharing

Are these numbers listed on the spreadsheet that from PFF? 

Edited by H2o

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

@DCOrange - my biggest disagreement with your categorisation is I don't really know how versatile Justin Jefferson is. He has played both, but to me he is a day 3 player on the outside. The reason he is in the conversation for day 1 and 2 is his craftiness from the slot for my money.

I also don't really see Tyler Johnson and KJ Hamler strictly as slot guys. They both are solid route runners who use leverage to their advantage and track the ball very well in the air. I think they both can play on the outside for sure. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I also don't really see Tyler Johnson and KJ Hamler strictly as slot guys. They both are solid route runners who use leverage to their advantage and track the ball very well in the air. I think they both can play on the outside for sure. :thumbsup:

Hamler is primarily a slot guy for me but could you line him up outside and throw a go route now and again? Yep. Not really got into Johnson enough yet.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Hamler is primarily a slot guy for me but could you line him up outside and throw a go route now and again? Yep. Not really got into Johnson enough yet.

I see Hamler as a Desean Jackson clone almost. Jackson gets moved around all over, but he has been effective throughout his career when lined up on the outside. Just my 2. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Yessir

I hate those idiots and don't put ANY stock into their "numbers" so to speak. Especially their supposed "Drop %" or "Rec Grade" in general for that matter. For instance I have watched Claypool for his entirety of his ND career. During his Sophomore season he had a problem with drops, Junior year he may have had one here or there, and then Senior year it was really a non-issue whatsoever so I find it hard to believe he dropped one 1 out of every 10 catchable passes. I sure as hell didn't see it. Reagor and Hamler? Did they really drop 13% and 16.9% of their catchable targets? I find that hard to believe also. I also don't agree with their overall receiving grades they handed out to many of those guys. They have Tyler Johnson with the highest "Rec Grade" of the bunch. I don't see it. I think he is going to be a quality NFL WR, but there is no way he should be graded higher than Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, or possibly a host of others. Some of their grades on people also seem insanely low as well as very questionably high with others. Now the breaking down of targets and watching players via an All-22 format is awesome. It gives you much more insight into what's actually going on. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Love him - but i think he’s Beasley’s position 

What do we see Bowden's position as I wonder? I see most rankings listing him @ WR, but he can run the ball as well. They could use him in MANY different ways. Hell, he would likely even be the 3rd string QB. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

What do we see Bowden's position as I wonder? I see most rankings listing him @ WR, but he can run the ball as well. They could use him in MANY different ways. Hell, he would likely even be the 3rd string QB. 

I want to see Lynn Bowden's package.

• Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

9E680E04-E08D-4EA6-A7EA-1DEB80E3A893.jpeg

remember seeing The Bills really have no scouted Higgins at all but have been looking at the other top receivers over the last few years 

They haven't been at a Clemson game all year apparently. Think they were last year but the Bills haven't sent a single scout to watch Clemson this past season.