Should Buffalo Trade for Alshon Jeffrey

Dkollidas

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If we wanted a WR from Philly, and Philly is willing to move on (given their lack of WR depth, I would look very carefully under the hood if they are), it would seem to make a lot more sense to look at Agholor, who is a free agent.  However, I suspect he's a FA (and was allowed to play out his 5th year option) is because his notion of what he is worth and Philly's notion of value for production are too far apart.

If we want someone who can drop more balls (because we don't drop enough of them) then Agholor is the guy.

7 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Rather Thielen then Diggs

And I'd rather Diggs than Thielen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I say yes but I have no idea what compensation they would want.

I would love it but I bet AJGreen still gets 10 million guaranteed at least.

I think that's possible but with his age and injury history, especially coming off a year where he sat out the whole season, I can't see any team wanting to pay him anything more than $5-7 million at most for one year. I would still be comfortable with the $6-7 million range for one season. He may be willing to take even less playing for a legit contender which I think we can be next season

What makes you think the Eagles would want to do it, specifically because it would kill their cap situation?  OP, this is not Madden.  You can't just throw garbage at teams and expect them to give you good players for nothing.

58 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

What makes you think the Eagles would want to do it, specifically because it would kill their cap situation?  OP, this is not Madden.  You can't just throw garbage at teams and expect them to give you good players for nothing.

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/4-possible-trade-destinations-for-alshon-jeffery

I mean I’m just going off of speculation. If they trade him, which many think they’ll do to make room for new receivers, it’ll cost them less than it would to cut him.

2 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

https://94wip.radio.com/blogs/eliot-shorr-parks/4-possible-trade-destinations-for-alshon-jeffery

I mean I’m just going off of speculation. If they trade him, which many think they’ll do to make room for new receivers, it’ll cost them less than it would to cut him.

What are you talking about?  They will add over $16 million in dead cap space if they trade him and they actually get a NEGATIVE 750K in cap savings. What team in their right mind is doing that? And for a couple of 6th round picks?  Fantasyland.

image.thumb.png.9f7416d5679c13dff475cc0222e7d80a.png

Edited by matter2003

On 2/6/2020 at 1:49 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If we wanted a WR from Philly, and Philly is willing to move on (given their lack of WR depth, I would look very carefully under the hood if they are), it would seem to make a lot more sense to look at Agholor, who is a free agent.  However, I suspect he's a FA (and was allowed to play out his 5th year option) is because his notion of what he is worth and Philly's notion of value for production are too far apart.

Signing Agholor would be like trading for Zay Jones, youre gonna have a bad time

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

What are you talking about?  They will add over $16 million in dead cap space if they trade him and they actually get a NEGATIVE 750K in cap savings. What team in their right mind is doing that? And for a couple of 6th round picks?  Fantasyland.

image.thumb.png.9f7416d5679c13dff475cc0222e7d80a.png

Yea and if they cut him, it would be  $26M in dead cap, a negative $10M in cap savings than if they traded him. Honestly I’m just going off speculation out there that he’s available for cheap. 

Edited by Dkollidas

• 1 month later...