XFL - NY Guardians Season Tickets

I live a few miles from Met Life Stadium and decided to purchase Guardians season tickets. $125 for the 5 game season. Should be interesting.  Some really innovative rule changes that would never fly in the stubborn NFL. I’m hoping it is successful. We get a field pass for a game and some other perks. Is anyone else in the NYC area going to the games?  

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

OVER. If they could play an entire season in 2001, they will certainly close this season and it will dent the Lombardi, just like Gronk did.

I think the first time though there was more hype for the league, doesn't seem the same this time around, doesn't have the same TV coverage, it will be interesting to see if fans get behind it. I think having Vince's ego behind it again that it will last the full season cause he won't let it fail

On 2/5/2020 at 1:05 PM, apuszczalowski said:

I think the first time though there was more hype for the league, doesn't seem the same this time around, doesn't have the same TV coverage, it will be interesting to see if fans get behind it. I think having Vince's ego behind it again that it will last the full season cause he won't let it fail

20 years ago McMahon tried to run the XFL like the WWE.  Book a venue, plan a spectacle, and squeeze an athletic competition somewhere in between.  This time it looks like he's going to try running a football operation

I think McMahon made a wise move in waiting for the AAF to go first.  He saw what they did right, what they did wrong, and most importantly he let the AAF gauge America's interest in a post-Super Bowl second football league

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2020 at 12:05 PM, apuszczalowski said:

It has more TV coverage. Last time around it was 1 live national game per week. It was partially owned by NBC. This time they have four games a week. Two on Saturday, two on Sunday. All nationally  televised on ABC, FOX, FS1, and ESPN. I think a lot of people are weary because of how terrible it was the first time around. Hoping it gains steam as people realize it's legit football, and not some horribly mashed up WWE/football thing.

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

20 years ago McMahon tried to run the XFL like the WWE.  Book a venue, plan a spectacle, and squeeze an athletic competition somewhere in between.  This time it looks like he's going to try running a football operation

I think McMahon made a wise move in waiting for the AAF to go first.  He saw what they did right, what they did wrong, and most importantly he let the AAF gauge America's interest in a post-Super Bowl second football league

That's why he's taken a more hands off approach, and left the day to day operations to Oliver Luck.

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The big question to me is what is the goal? Whats the end game for the XFL?  

The first go round the XFL was a response to the NFL's actions to make the game less violent, eliminate celebrations, and a move away from controversial rule changes.  this time around the value prop seems to be different rules and a 2 hour game.  The current iteration of the XFL offers solutions to non-existent problems.  Of all the NFL rules, no one gives a ***** about the PAT.  No one is asking for 2 forward passes.  No one is asking for shorter time spent in front of the TV and less time at a bar away from their wife and kids.  

So less talent, teams with no history, and slightly different rules?  Sign me up. 

They aren't even attempting to lure players away from the NFL so I doubt the long-term plan is to compete.  Is this purely a financial play to bank on insatiable demand for football 12 months a year?  I would think best case scenario is they get adopted as the NFL development league or farm system.  What am I missing?

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I would think best case scenario is they get adopted as the NFL development league or farm system.  What am I missing?

This is what I'm hoping it can become.

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The first go round the XFL was a response to the NFL's actions to make the game less violent, eliminate celebrations, and a move away from controversial rule changes.  this time around the value prop seems to be different rules and a 2 hour game.  The current iteration of the XFL offers solutions to non-existent problems.  Of all the NFL rules, no one gives a ***** about the PAT.  No one is asking for 2 forward passes.  No one is asking for shorter time spent in front of the TV and less time at a bar away from their wife and kids.  

So less talent, teams with no history, and slightly different rules?  Sign me up. 

They aren't even attempting to lure players away from the NFL so I doubt the long-term plan is to compete.  Is this purely a financial play to bank on insatiable demand for football 12 months a year?  I would think best case scenario is they get adopted as the NFL development league or farm system.  What am I missing?

This. They also have a rule requiring all players and coaches stand for the national anthem, so they're going after the good ol' boys that claim to be boycotting the NFL.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:11 PM, chknwing334 said:

I live a few miles from Met Life Stadium and decided to purchase Guardians season tickets. $125 for the 5 game season. Should be interesting.  Some really innovative rule changes that would never fly in the stubborn NFL. I’m hoping it is successful. We get a field pass for a game and some other perks. Is anyone else in the NYC area going to the games?  

I haven't spent 10 seconds reading about the XFL, but your post made me Google the major rule changes for this year.  Sounds interesting.

I think the success of this league will be driven not by gimmick or clever rule changes, but by decent, respectable, entertaining normal football play.

These teams are (I assume) basically NFL practice squad caliber.  Guys who can't get on a NFL roster.  Given that they are all in the same boat, there should be a lot of parity and therefore I think that could work.

The test will be the QB position.  We all know how much the QB drives the entire game and games can turn ugly quickly with 1 or 2 struggling QBs.  

If they can come up with enough QBs to perform at a high enough level, the league could be successful.

Not sure how that's going to work out.

I read that one of the teams has Cardale Jones as the QB.  That's not going to work very well.  I honestly don't know who the other starting QBs are.  

I will definitely watch pieces of at least one game this weekend and give it a shot.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 3:43 PM, chknwing334 said:

So far it has been very entertaining. Crowd seems into it. Can’t wait to check it out live tomorrow! 

What'd you think of the live experience?  The Vipers QB sucked butt so it wasn't the prolific scoring I thought it would be but I was entertained.