Howie Long, HOF worthy?

Geo in Pa

I’m not saying he should or should not be in the HOF, but he was a DT, so sacks are not the be all, end all for their evaluations.  I’m sure if I want to do the homework, which I won’t, other DT’s in the HOF probably had similar sack stats, but it is the other aspects of their play that matters.

Anyway, I am truly not advocating, nor not advocating he should be in the Hall.  You guys might be right in terms of his media play.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And this just occurred to you now?

these HOF takes are berserk at this point

Only on TwoBillsDrive can you have the take that half of the 90s Bills, including Steve Tasker, deserved to be first ballots, but TO shouldn’t have gotten in because he was a bad teammate or something. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Only on TwoBillsDrive can you have the take that half of the 90s Bills, including Steve Tasker, deserved to be first ballots, but TO shouldn’t have gotten in because he was a bad teammate or something. 

Tasker is also a well respected media figure for years.  That gets you right in I read....

57 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Only on 2BD can you see a bunch of young guys using stats from another era and definitevly hear them state that HOFer clearly doesn't belong. SMH

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tasker is also a well respected media figure for years.  That gets you right in I read....

What a disingenuous answer. Tasker is a local guy, that has done some national games. His national media presence has never been even close to Long's...but you know that.

Long is the center seat on the FOX broadcast for ***** sake.

Why do you need to resort to such lame comparisons?

Blocked.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1