New York (again)

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Judge Rejects NY Redistricting Plan as Unconstitutional, Orders New Maps Drawn

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/politics/judge-rejects-ny-redistricting-plan-as-unconstitutional-orders-new-maps-drawn/3625499/

What a crap redistricting map.  Republican or Democrat they should hang the clowns that approved this.

NYS 2022.JPG

• Agree 1

If you click on it the next line is they are doing this to protect 2-4 year olds, which ALL data so far has shown are most damaged by masking with the least amount of benefit. If you believe this then no one can help you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

aside from the attempt to brand his own people speaking out about his crude behavior and covering up some bad covid decisions as ‘political attacks’;

at minimum isn’t a politician who loses to political attacks bad at being a politician? 

His problem was that the "attacks" were coming from his own side.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

NY lieutenant governor arrested on bribery charges

New York Lieutenant Gov. Brian Benjamin was indicted for alleged bribery and other offenses, as part of what federal prosecutors say was a "scheme" to get campaign contributions in exchange for a $50,000 state grant.

The indictment also alleges that Benjamin and others worked to "cover up" the plot, engaging "in a series of lies and deception."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-lieutenant-governor-brian-benjamin-arrested-bribery-charges

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:19 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

If you click on it the next line is they are doing this to protect 2-4 year olds, which ALL data so far has shown are most damaged by masking with the least amount of benefit. If you believe this then no one can help you.

How many 2-4 year olds have died from Covid in New York?

In 2 plus years - here is the total from ages 0 to 9:

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How am I the first to mention that the Lt Governor was arrested today? I have not seen the details, so I am very curious the thoughts of the NYers?

Business as usual for the Democratic Party in NY

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How am I the first to mention that the Lt Governor was arrested today? I have not seen the details, so I am very curious the thoughts of the NYers?

I feel like it's bigger news when a high ranking NY poli isn't arrested, implicated, forced out or is otherwise preoccupied with forcing very sick folks into NYS nursing homes.  

Our recent run includes Eliot Spitzer, Andrew Cuomo, Eric Schneiderman, and now Eric Fields.  Before that, of course we had Senators Bruno and Silver...and many others.

https://data.democratandchronicle.com/troubled-ny-lawmakers/

• Agree 1

Typical.

'We got him!' NYC Mayor Eric Adams is slammed for taking credit for capture of smirking subway gunman who roamed city and trains for 29HRS before calling cops HIMSELF and saying 'I think you're looking for me'

by Jennifer Smith & James Gant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10716225/Subway-shooter-Frank-James-ARRESTED-Gunman-NYPD-custody.html

Edited by B-Man

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Typical.

'We got him!' NYC Mayor Eric Adams is slammed for taking credit for capture of smirking subway gunman who roamed city and trains for 29HRS before calling cops HIMSELF and saying 'I think you're looking for me'

by Jennifer Smith & James Gant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10716225/Subway-shooter-Frank-James-ARRESTED-Gunman-NYPD-custody.html

"We got him!" "Him," of course, being a guy with a prolific Hotep-adjacent online presence who dropped his keys, guns, and CREDIT CARD during his "escape" from the train platform with no working surveillance cameras and who was "known to" the FBI but was "cleared" after "several interviews." 

Yeah, this checks out.

• Agree 1

N.Y. House Districts Illegally Favor Democrats, Appeals Court Rules

A divided five-judge panel found that Democrats engaged in gerrymandering in creating new district maps. The case is expected to head to New York’s highest court.

A New York appeals court ruled on Thursday that new congressional districts drawn by Democrats violated the state’s ban on partisan gerrymandering, partially upholding a lower-court ruling that would block the state from using the lines in this year’s critical midterm elections.

A divided five-judge panel in Rochester said Democratic legislative leaders had drawn the new House map “to discourage competition and favor Democrats,” knowingly ignoring the will of voters who recently approved a constitutional amendment outlawing the practice.

“We are satisfied that petitioners established beyond a reasonable doubt that the Legislature acted with partisan intent,” a three-judge majority wrote in its opinion. Two judges dissented.

Gov. Kathy Hochul and top legislative leaders are expected to immediately appeal the decision to the state’s highest court, the New York Court of Appeals. The judges there, all of whom were appointed by Democratic governors, have indicated they could render a final verdict as soon as next week.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/21/nyregion/redistricting-lawsuit-new-york.html

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

At least red states would never gerrymander districts. 🙄

No one said they didn't.

This is is the New York thread and it is a new development.

That's all.

No need to read in more.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...