New York (again)

37 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CORONA KIND: 

Gov. Andrew Cuomo unveils ‘COVID Mountain’ prop at press conference, outdoes brother’s giant Q-Tip.

cuomo_mountain_06-29-2020.jpg

Exit quote: “This mountain represents so much death and suffering it is so bizarre to see Cuomo performing a celebratory showman’s lap.”

At least it looks like someone pointed out what it looked like he was celebrating with his 

New York:

Strong

Loving

United

Tough

message.

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE CORONA KIND: 

Gov. Andrew Cuomo unveils ‘COVID Mountain’ prop at press conference, outdoes brother’s giant Q-Tip.

cuomo_mountain_06-29-2020.jpg

Exit quote: “This mountain represents so much death and suffering it is so bizarre to see Cuomo performing a celebratory showman’s lap.”

Looks like two piles of ***** to me

13 hours ago, RiotAct said:

how much did THAT cost taxpayers?

Not sure how much he makes, but he's the highest paid gov. in the USA

• Haha (+1) 3

TRUE, BUT HE’S COUNTING ON THE MEDIA TO HELP HIM BRAZEN IT OUT: 

Gov. Cuomo is in no position to brag about New York’s coronavirus response.

And if DeSantis, as Cuomo claims, “lost,” the scoreboard doesn’t reflect it. Florida has a larger population than New York state but has registered fewer than one-third as many coronavirus cases. Florida has seen 15 COVID-19 fatalities per 100,000 population; New York, 160. With 46,000 deaths between them, New York and its sibling New Jersey have combined for more fatalities than France, Spain and Italy.

Cuomo has gotten a lot of credit from the public for taking the pandemic seriously and for being calm and forthright with statistics. But he still refuses to admit error for his disastrous March 25 directive, which remained in effect until June 10, to force nursing homes to accept infected people, although he keeps changing his story about who is to blame for the death toll in those facilities. Now it’s all Trump’s fault; now it’s the nursing-home staff.

His latest gambit, to declare that New York’s alleged victory over the disease was really a case of love conquering all, while insisting the real problem lies in states where there have been nowhere near as many fatalities as in his own, delights the media, always eager to play along with a red-states-are-evil propaganda campaign. The relative death counts tell a different story.

Related: Why oh why is NY Governor Andrew Cuomo being praised for his coronavirus response? Governor Andrew Cuomo does not deserve kudos for his COVID-19 policies. He put the elderly at great risk.

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

Looks like two piles of ***** to me

Not sure how much he makes, but he's the highest paid gov. in the USA

...what's even better is that Bumblin' Billy DeBlasio gets $252K as an inept Mayor.......SMH.............

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

TRUE, BUT HE’S COUNTING ON THE MEDIA TO HELP HIM BRAZEN IT OUT: 

Gov. Cuomo is in no position to brag about New York’s coronavirus response.

And if DeSantis, as Cuomo claims, “lost,” the scoreboard doesn’t reflect it. Florida has a larger population than New York state but has registered fewer than one-third as many coronavirus cases. Florida has seen 15 COVID-19 fatalities per 100,000 population; New York, 160. With 46,000 deaths between them, New York and its sibling New Jersey have combined for more fatalities than France, Spain and Italy.

Cuomo has gotten a lot of credit from the public for taking the pandemic seriously and for being calm and forthright with statistics. But he still refuses to admit error for his disastrous March 25 directive, which remained in effect until June 10, to force nursing homes to accept infected people, although he keeps changing his story about who is to blame for the death toll in those facilities. Now it’s all Trump’s fault; now it’s the nursing-home staff.

His latest gambit, to declare that New York’s alleged victory over the disease was really a case of love conquering all, while insisting the real problem lies in states where there have been nowhere near as many fatalities as in his own, delights the media, always eager to play along with a red-states-are-evil propaganda campaign. The relative death counts tell a different story.

Related: Why oh why is NY Governor Andrew Cuomo being praised for his coronavirus response? Governor Andrew Cuomo does not deserve kudos for his COVID-19 policies. He put the elderly at great risk.

The nursing home mandate was in effect until June 10?  Thought that was rescinded May 5 when the order to actually start sanitizing the subway happened too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

The nursing home mandate was in effect until June 10?  Thought that was rescinded May 5 when the order to actually start sanitizing the subway happened too.

No, I do not believe so.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

...wasn't Big Fredo's rebuttal to nursing home deaths calling it "a shiny object"?......

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wasn't Big Fredo's rebuttal to nursing home deaths calling it "a shiny object"?......

Think of it as a disco strobe light, so his fans can dance to it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I cannot go see my father. My mother (who is also his power of attorney) cannot go see her husband. When I went to the nursing home about two weeks ago (after June 10th) to drop something off, I was told their reopening to visitors was up to the board of health, not Cuomo. ?‍♂️

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

I cannot go see my father. My mother (who is also his power of attorney) cannot go see her husband. When I went to the nursing home about two weeks ago (after June 10th) to drop something off, I was told their reopening to visitors was up to the board of health, not Cuomo. ?‍♂️

Knew that nursing homes still aren't allowing visitors (which must be great for the mental health of the residents <_< ), but was referring to the order that they had to accept COVID positive residents.  Thought that ended May 5.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Knew that nursing homes still aren't allowing visitors (which must be great for the mental health of the residents <_< ), but was referring to the order that they had to accept COVID positive residents.  Thought that ended May 5.

Oops, sorry. ?

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

What is most interesting to me is that these are not the states that are per capita the worse but just flat numbers. I also think that the list is all states that have reopened except CA, sso a spike would be expected 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...uh oh....feud in the Big Apple........MMA "grudge match"...Big Fredo vs Bumblin' Billy......winner gets the billion....

Cuomo ridicules New York City move to strip $1B in NYPD funding

The money would be shifted from NYPD to other programs

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo slammed the New York City Council’s move strip the New York Police Department of $1 billion in funding, questioning “what it means” and calling for concrete action.

“I don’t know what it means,” Cuomo said during a press briefing Wednesday. “What does that mean? Does this mean I am less safe? Where did you take the billion dollars from? Does it mean I am more safe? Does it have any effect on police abuse? I don’t know what it means.”

Cuomo’s comments came after the New York City Council passed a budget Tuesday night that shifted $1 billion from the New York Police Department to programs that assist youth and community development.

Cuomo also took a veiled swipe at New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, who confirmed Wednesday morning that the city would paint “Black Lives Matter” outside Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan in the coming days.

“We’re going to paint ‘Black Lives Matter’ on the street in front of Trump HQ. Great,” Cuomo said. “From day one, I said I stand with Black Lives Matter. From Day one, I said I stand with protesters. I said great what this nation has done standing up after Mr. Floyd’s murder…I’m sorry it took so long. Why couldn’t we have done it after Eric Garner six years ago? Or Rodney King 30 years ago? But now we’re here. Great.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-ridicules-new-york-city-move-to-strip-1-billion-in-nypd-funding

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

if this ok and doesn't spread COVID, does that mean we can start going to outdoor football games and concerts?

The only way that is an option is if you firmly grasp a picket sign. Can we carry them into the stadiums? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

The only way that is an option is if you firmly grasp a picket sign. Can we carry them into the stadiums? 

I don't know about that, but I always love it when a professional football game breaks out during a block party/protest/riot.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/party-guests-wont-talk-9-121901370.html

Covid is not political but we will use the force of government to force people to comply with our law unless it is politically motivated against conservatives. NY is such a mess they will need a bailout soon but have money for this crap.

I forget names all the time.  Who was at the party?  You know that guy and his wife.  And that other couple, what's their faces?  Sammy, Swimmy, Samsonite!!

• Like (+1) 1

....effects of relaxed mental hygiene strikes again....this guy should not be left alone.....

De Blasio blames NYC weekend violence on coronavirus, vows to 'double down' to keep city safe

The mayor blamed the violence, in part, on people being 'cooped up' amid the pandemic

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

Mayor Bill de Blasio blamed the uptick in violence over the weekend on the coronavirus pandemic, while defending the city’s latest policing reforms and vowing to keep New York City “the safest big city in America.”

De Blasio held a press conference Monday after a weekend of violence across New York City that left at least eight people dead and more than 44 people shot and injured.

“I want to talk about what happened this weekend. Many were out there celebrating, but we saw too much violence, and we have a lot of work to do to address it,” de Blasio said, while adding that “there is not one cause for something like this.”

“This is directly related to coronavirus,” de Blasio said. “This is a very serious situation… As we’re getting into warmer and warmer weather, we’re feeling the effects of people being cooped up for months, the economy hasn’t restarted – we have a real problem here.”

De Blasio vowed to “double down” to address the violence, which included shootings in Brooklyn, the Bronx and upper Manhattan, noting that it was going to take “neighborhood policing” and cooperation from clergy and elected officials.

“This is all hands on deck,” de Blasio said, while adding that the city has “been dealt a really tough hand.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-blasio-blames-nyc-weekend-violence-on-coronavirus-vows-to-double-down-to-keep-city-safe