New York (again)

This is another topic but the cost of getting old and dying in this country is very expensive. As a planner the hardest part is making sure people have what we call the finish well bucket filled. Unfortunately the bucket needs to be filled with a few hundred thousand dollars or an asset or assets worth that much that can be liquidated.  And long term care insurance is not the answer.  And no one wants to be a burden to their kids or family. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

This is a point I think that many people have trouble grasping.  ( * I ran a long term care unit for three years.)

They may look the same from the outside, but it is not like a hospital or a hotel.............

What's on now...

• Like (+1) 1

Governor Lockdown

by Daniel John Sobieski

Original Article

As I’ve noted before, the politicians and experts telling us to shut up, sit down and stay in our homes under virtual house arrest themselves all have jobs to go to and paychecks to collect. They are essential, we are told, as opposed to you and me and most of America, who are not. Leading the pack is Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York, of which it is now being said -- if you can fake it there, you can fake it anywhere. Cuomo has been faking it as a truthful and competent leader of his state.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

AL SHARPTON APPROVES THIS MESSAGE: De Blasio blasts Jewish community for massive Brooklyn funeral.

de_blasio_04-28-2020.jpg

A spokesperson for the NYPD said officers on scene did not ticket or arrest anybody.

Jewish community activist Isaac Abraham said the mayoral criticism rang hollow after large crowds congregated across the city earlier on Tuesday to watch the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds fly overhead.

“The crowd for the fighter jets today were around longer than the funeral,” Abraham said.

He also noted that the funeral was not a last minute event that the city was unaware of.

Several NYPD precincts and their community affairs teams helped organize and control the event — setting up five blocks of barricades in advance to help with crowd control.

“There’s an old saying. Don’t rain on our parade,” Abraham said. “To run back to City Hall and send a tweet – this is kicking your friend when they’re down. Way down.”

Bill de Blasio Is Bringing the Hammer Down on NYC’s Jewish Community,” Beth Baumann writes at Townhall:

De Blasio shouldn’t be calling out a single religious group, especially the Jewish community who has seen an uptick in anti-Semitic attacks lately. It’s why Jews have had to continually arm themselves against anti-Semites. And here we have the mayor, the guy who claims to be all-inclusive, wanting to persecute the very community that he claims he wants to protect.

On top of it all, de Blasio has the nerve to say this is about stopping the spread of the Wuhan coronavirus yet he broke his own stay-at-home order and traveled to Brooklyn for a walk. And he had a resident confront him over his hypocrisy.

New Yorkers deserve better leadership.

That’s an understatement, as this juxtaposition by Stephen Miller illustrates:

de_blasio_04-28-2020-2.jpg

As Seth Barron writes at City Journal, de Blasio is “The Out-of-Tune Mayor  Presiding over a city spiraling into crisis, Bill de Blasio relies on the same old themes about unfairness and inequality.”

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Governor Lockdown

by Daniel John Sobieski

Original Article

As I’ve noted before, the politicians and experts telling us to shut up, sit down and stay in our homes under virtual house arrest themselves all have jobs to go to and paychecks to collect. They are essential, we are told, as opposed to you and me and most of America, who are not. Leading the pack is Gov. Andrew Cuomo of New York, of which it is now being said -- if you can fake it there, you can fake it anywhere. Cuomo has been faking it as a truthful and competent leader of his state.

It would appear that the House of Representatives is not living up to its responsibilities as comprised of essential workers. They have not returned to work and are in affect earning $174,000 + numerous benefits annually while they have basically put themselves on an unemployed state. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The only thing Cuomo is killing is NY State

Oh, you are saying that just because he is so outperforming Trump. Looking like a leader, tackling the crisis head on and working to protect the state. 

Trump is talking about injecting disinfectant

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, you are saying that just because he is so outperforming Trump. Looking like a leader, tackling the crisis head on and working to protect the state. 

Trump is talking about injecting disinfectant

He’s working to create a nanny state, and an Anti American one at that. He tramples freedoms and spits on the Constitution as he goes. He was woefully unprepared , has driven the NYs budget into the ground with entitlements and has overseen the worst Covid 19 outcome anywhere. He whines about his ineptitudes and shifts the blame to Trump, so he is celebrated by the lefties. Great Job! Outperforming Trump? That’s a complete joke. Edit : also Trump never said anything about “ injecting disinfectant”. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’s working to create a nanny state, and an Anti American one at that. He tramples freedoms and spits on the Constitution as he goes. He was woefully unprepared , has driven the NYs budget into the ground with entitlements and has overseen the worst Covid 19 outcome anywhere. He whines about his ineptitudes and shifts the blame to Trump, so he is celebrated by the lefties. Great Job! Outperforming Trump? That’s a complete joke. 

I like how he pointed out how much NY sends to the Federal treasury, and how much Kentucky and Florida suck out, yet McConnel cries about helping blue states, what a typical servant for the Swamp Interest. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I like how he pointed out how much NY sends to the Federal treasury, and how much Kentucky and Florida suck out, yet McConnel cries about helping blue states, what a typical servant for the Swamp Interest. 

I’ll give Cuomo some credit there; a rarity to be sure but I agree with him. McConnel was firing a shot across the bow , letting it be known that the Feds were going to turn off the spigot at some point. Cuomo fires back. This is typical negotiating through the media, and something will get worked out. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Are you advocating to reduce taxes on all those Wall Street mega earners?

•  

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Really?  How would the NY Gov's fight be going without the aid of the Trump Administration?  Would he have had all his ventilators?  His additional hospital beds and facilities?  A Navy shipped parked in the harbor to handle additional patients?  Would he have had HCQ to give to the neediest patients?  Would he have had additional potential infected travelers form outside the U.S. in his heavily traveled largest city and in NY's smaller cities?  Would he have had test supplies/kits prioritized for his state? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Really?  How would the NY Gov's fight be going without the aid of the Trump Administration?  Would he have had all his ventilators?  His additional hospital beds and facilities?  A Navy shipped parked in the harbor to handle additional patients?  Would he have had HCQ to give to the neediest patients?  Would he have had additional potential infected travelers form outside the U.S. in his heavily traveled largest city and in NY's smaller cities?  Would he have had test supplies/kits prioritized for his state? 

Exactly. Cuomo himself called the Federal response to NYS incredible, and I don’t think he was being sarcastic. 

• Like (+1) 3

Why weren't those masks given to first responders? Had to be used in a PR event for King Andrew. I didn't listen, but saw him with them.  I said WTF is that?

Edited by Wacka
  • Awesome! (+1) 1