Brees ponders retirement; Saints see Hill as 2021 starter?

Should he retire we will have seen two NFL QBs retire within a short time who, combined, have made almost half a billion dollars, just playing the game ($252 million for Eli and I just checked Brees...$244 million).

Not judging at all, but just...I mean when you think about it...wow.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I call total BS.

If Hill was the QB of the future, why was he sitting behind Bridgewater when Brees went down?

He needs more time to develop as a passer? The guy is almost 30! 

Sounds like they just don't want to lose him.

Wanted to protect him for the playoffs, which he almost had all of the big plays in btw

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Augie said:

Should.....for you? I get what you’re saying, their best days are behind them. Very true. Even they can’t argue that. But it’s a very personal decision. Regardless of my career earnings, it’s hard to walk away from $25~ million. Maybe even more important, it’s hard to walk away form the thing that has been the center of your universe (family excluded) since you were a child. The locker room, the guys, the thrill, the competition, game days, etc. 

It’s a tough call, and I won’t judge anyone for their decision. On a selfish note, I hope Brady plays another decade, declining every year, but I’m not a very good person.    :)

One of the things I tell people in regular non football/sports careers, but it kind of applies here to in football too.

Once you're eligible to retire, the need or desire to retire goes down and you end up sticking around longer than you thought.  Now you can just leave when you feel like it.

On 1/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, Buffalo619 said:

Brees, Rivers, Brady all should retire. The time has come. 

I recall pondering these days when all these long-time starters would hang them up. With the poor record of success for QBs drafted, the NFL QB play could really suffer.  Add to that the regression of recently drafted guys like Mariota, Trubisky, Mayfield, Goff, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...