NFL reaffirms the ban on tailgating at the Superbowl this year

Reed83HOF

On 1/23/2020 at 12:56 PM, Gugny said:

Between ticket prices, parking prices and not being allowed to tailgate, it's getting to the point where I think anyone who goes to the Super Bowl is an idiot.

I've already decided that when the Bills make the Super Bowl, even if I can get free tickets, I'd rather just fly to Buffalo. Watch the game with my dad and other reletives. Then be in town for the biggest party the city has ever seen.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

My best friend(who is a die hard Yankee Fan) & I decided to take the drive down from Blo to watch that doubleheader.  If you remember, it was a day/night doubleheader, the afternoon game at Shea & the night game at Yankee.  We didn't have tickets for either game but thought how hard would it be to scalp them.  We get to Shea & couldn't find a scalper anywhere.  Totally shut out.  So we go back to Times Square & watch the game from a TGIF.  So we take the trek to Yankee, mind you drinking all afternoon & find a scalper with a pair of tickets down the third base line.  I think we payed like $110 each for them.  Still drinking during the game this happens & I am livid.  My friend knew it too.  Now the Yankees sweep the Mets & I am hot getting on the subway.  My friend tries to justify Clemens actions & we start throwing right in the subway.  I ended up with a black eye & he ended up with a split lip.  Three guys on the Subway had to break it up.  We laughed about on the ride home, but at the time I wanted to kill him, I actually wanted to kill Clemens.   I didn't think I could hate Clemens more until he threw the broken bat at Piazza in the WS.  I wish Lennie Harris would of charged the mound and taught steroid boy a lesson.  Harris was bad ass in his earlier days & said the biggest regret he ever had is not chagrining the mound when this happened.  

I've always liked you.  Now, I want to kiss you and buy you a beer.

#LFGM

On 1/23/2020 at 2:08 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I get it and am okay with that decision. With that being said that’s why the Super Bowl should permanently be in New Orleans. You can walk everywhere. Hard Rock Stadium is in the middle of nowhere. 

I have no problem with that as long as Saints do not participate in revenue sharing from NFL.

The sunstroked half of the NFL gets the deals with Superbowl but the northern teams get frostbitten.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:56 AM, Plano said:

sounds unbelievably lame to me. What's the point of going to the super bowl?

Someone else in here said it, but if the Bills go again, I'll just fly to Buffalo and watch it with my fellow fans and get annihlated at 1/15th of the cost of 1 ticket.

to watch the SB.

you want a nice cookout behind your Silverado before the game?  Head over to the K-mart parking lot, live it up, then head home.  

Just now, Limeaid said:

Only if you buy a PSL (Personal Sleeping License).

You really think that I want PSL’s huh? No one wants PSL’s. My whole point, is, and always has been, I’m fine paying a little more if the environment and experience is a little more. I would venture to say that EVERYONE feels that way. If we had a nice new stadium we shouldn’t object to paying the price associated with a nice new stadium. We pay more for a steak at Ruth’s Chris than we do at Outback. 

On 1/23/2020 at 2:28 PM, Reed83HOF said:

being 2-5 in the WS and having 6 NL East titles sure indicates a great run of success with that franchise during it's entire existence 

tragically close to the Bills history.... 0-4 in Super Bowl and 10 AFC East titles.....

• Sad 1

On 1/23/2020 at 3:12 PM, Roger Goodell said:

The NFL is committed to providing a safe and inclusive experience for all our fans at the Super Bowl.  To that end there will be a number of fan friends events in the host city for both game ticket holders and the general public.

but will there be axe throwing?

On 1/23/2020 at 9:59 PM, Mr. WEO said:

It's the Super Bowl, not some September Chiefs/Chargers tilt, for God's sake...

These people should put on their Sunday-best sleeveless T-shirts, Crocs and cargo shorts and  just head right the stadium from Applebees and then TGIF after.

Splurge.  Live it up.

I disagree with almost everything you post, but I got a good and hearty chuckle out of this.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

to watch the SB.

you want a nice cookout behind your Silverado before the game?  Head over to the K-mart parking lot, live it up, then head home.  

Now you've done it.... why are you making fun of me? And it's a Dakota thank you very much...

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

I disagree with almost everything you post, but I got a good and hearty chuckle out of this.

Cheers!

Now you've done it.... why are you making fun of me? And it's a Dakota thank you very much...

lol I Specifically excluded Ram (I had one) and the F-150.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

lol I Specifically excluded Ram (I had one) and the F-150.

The Dakota added punch to your joke since it was discontinued 9 years ago! ?

9 winters is hard on any vehicle in WNY!

Good posts here overall, had a good chuckle to both.

Go see my last post in the draft needs thread so we can start disagreeing again. This feels weird agreeing with you!

I heard they did this right after the ban on quality refereeing ... 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/23/2020 at 9:26 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s actually, EXACTLY what his job is. He works FOR the 32 NFL owners. His job is to run their business and make them money. He’s been historically great at that.

The job is WAY more than money, or at least it is for good commissioners.  I think league image, player safety, rule enforcement and changes, discipline, public relations and being in tune with the wants and needs of the fans and athletes are all important.  

When Roger showed up in WNY at Jim Kelly's golf tourney, he overshadowed the entire event and its cause when he blabbed on about how we need a new stadium to make sure the Bills "remain stable here"

Reporters jumped all over that and it made national news, him subtly threatening that the team could be moved.  Completely unnecessary bullcrap and drama caused directly by him.  

That's my problem with the guy, he's a lawyer geek with a poor sense of how to be a normal human being and relate to people and situations.  He sticks out like a sore thumb around warm-hearted genuine people like Pegula, Jim Kelly, Kyle etc.  

When he moves on I'll bet you see a new commish with more personality and people skills.  Its important to the owners too i'll bet.

3 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

The Dakota added punch to your joke since it was discontinued 9 years ago! ?

9 winters is hard on any vehicle in WNY!

Good posts here overall, had a good chuckle to both.

Go see my last post in the draft needs thread so we can start disagreeing again. This feels weird agreeing with you!

I bought my 1999 Ram with 87,000 miles from a lady in Brighton for  $7000 in 2007.  It was a great winter car and hauler of a boat.....until the ABS system started firing on EVERY braking episode, no matter the speed.  Made for interesting driving, but doable.  Those trucks were beasts, but the body tended to rot, so i did need some Bondo.  Ended up selling it to my partner's son (after dropping $3500 to fix the braking system) who does landscaping and now....he put a plow on it.  The modern 1500's are luxury items in comparison!

As for your draft needs post---I'm afraid I will have to disappoint you.  It is a fact based, well argued post that compelled me to nod my head in agreement.  As I have always said, I can be convinced/coerced/persuaded by good argument....

Give me some sloppy post to jump on!

Cheers

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

The job is WAY more than money, or at least it is for good commissioners.  I think league image, player safety, rule enforcement and changes, discipline, public relations and being in tune with the wants and needs of the fans and athletes are all important.  

When Roger showed up in WNY at Jim Kelly's golf tourney, he overshadowed the entire event and its cause when he blabbed on about how we need a new stadium to make sure the Bills "remain stable here"

Reporters jumped all over that and it made national news, him subtly threatening that the team could be moved.  Completely unnecessary bullcrap and drama caused directly by him.  

That's my problem with the guy, he's a lawyer geek with a poor sense of how to be a normal human being and relate to people and situations.  He sticks out like a sore thumb around warm-hearted genuine people like Pegula, Jim Kelly, Kyle etc.  

When he moves on I'll bet you see a new commish with more personality and people skills.  Its important to the owners too i'll bet.

The money is his #1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 priorities. It’s like any business. Your boss wants you to make money. As much as the comments were at the wrong time he was trying to drive revenue. Everything needs to be viewed through that lens. Even when it is player safety, Kaep, player conduct, etc... it is all about the $. Those PR nightmares threaten the $. That’s what he is there to do. Everything else is ancillary.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/23/2020 at 4:05 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Guessing you have never been to a Superbowl. Parking Lot attendant least of your worries, all the feds with assault rifles patrolling the lots might be a little more intense. You would do what they say, not one freaking question asked. This is not about money, its about security and the biggest event in America every year, prime target if someone wants to make a statement

This is something often overlooked- but they literally made a movie about it - though it is as old as I am. Security there will be insane. When the Bills are in Tampa next year I might not go even if I can find a reasonable ticket due to the hassle of security. ( Who am I am kidding if I can get in for under a grand I am going but I will pause for like 10 seconds)

On 1/24/2020 at 11:34 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Pretty easy to stop when Federal Marshals with assault rifles walk up  to you in the lot and say move along now, or we gunna have an issue. 

Again, this has nothing to do with the NFL making money..NADA!!! has everything to do with security and what is mandated by both the stae and federal authorities, and especially those agencies dealing with terrorism. The NFL,  i guarantee you, not only does not people to tailgate, they don't want people to PARK at the stadium. Way to big of a process to check every car, the liability and exposure if something happened in a lot is way more riskier  than the $200 or whatever they are charging is worth

You see plenty of security outside NEF now compared to the Big Game which is a higher profile event, you can understand the no tailgating policy. Owning a parking lot near NEF is more than parking cars now considering the conversations I and others have had with law enforcement. One topic discussed (that I'll share) was Drones near stadiums game day.  One has flown dangerously close to the Sherriff helicopter. Imagine what could have happened if there was contact. So if you see one in a vehicle in any parking lot, public or private even if it's not flying say something to law enforcement. No one will get arrest if it's in the vehicle. They will just remind that person of the no fly rules. 

• Like (+1) 1