NFL reaffirms the ban on tailgating at the Superbowl this year

Reed83HOF

6 hours ago, Plano said:

***** that, if I'm shelling out X amount for those tickets, good luck stopping me from tailgating.

If people by the thousands just ignored this ruling, the NFL could not stop them.

The NFL is so lame, it's beyond belief. If I wanna have fun, ***** it, I'm doing what I want.

Flick the parking lot attendant $100 and say look elsewhere. They will.

Or just change your plans a big? Have fun elsewhere all day and roll in towards kickoff?

53 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Roger has no respect for the traditions or fan experiences of football.   He's a lawyer who cares about selling corporate boxes and making more money for the billionaires.  Worst commish ever in any sport.

That’s actually, EXACTLY what his job is. He works FOR the 32 NFL owners. His job is to run their business and make them money. He’s been historically great at that.

• Like (+1) 3

It's the Super Bowl, not some September Chiefs/Chargers tilt, for God's sake...

These people should put on their Sunday-best sleeveless T-shirts, Crocs and cargo shorts and  just head right the stadium from Applebees and then TGIF after.

Splurge.  Live it up.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

If the Bills make it back to the Superbowl, I'll travel to Buffalo, and watch the game in a bar, with other Bills fans..

F the NFL.

The wife and I have said the same thing. We would want to be around fellow fans during and after the game. 

11 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s actually, EXACTLY what his job is. He works FOR the 32 NFL owners. His job is to run their business and make them money. He’s been historically great at that.

Well said KJ.  I hate it too, but Goodell doesn’t dictate the price of the tickets.  Goodell is nothing more than employee and his stockholders are the owners.  I don’t why so many people want to blame him for everything.

Same story with a lot of things in life, the idiots ruin it for everyone.... too much over-the-top dangerous stuff happening at tailgates and they have no choice but to stop it or restrict it.... Most people want to go and have a good time without worrying about some bull#### happening to them.

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I get it and am okay with that decision. With that being said that’s why the Super Bowl should permanently be in New Orleans. You can walk everywhere. Hard Rock Stadium is in the middle of nowhere. 

that’s not quite true.  The neighborhood may not be in a nice place like Palm Springs but it is not remote. 

unless they moved it since I worked in the area. ;);) 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

18 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The new Vegas stadium is next to the convention center. It’s an Uber ride with nothing around it.

Not to mention Vegas is designed to be isolated. Each hotel is its own city. Vegas is an unbelievable party town but it’s unlike New Orleans or Miami in that all of the parties are scattered and independent of one another. 

Not to mention Vegas sucks donkey junk now for this old man who started going there in the mid 80's. Hate that city now, one giant price gouging joint after another, and stupid people more than willing to pony up for it!!! Now get me my .$.25  shrimp and $.50  Bud drafts back on Freemont!!!!!!( along with my 100X odds on crap!)

51 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Gonna call bull on that.

They HAVE a choice.

They choose the loafer and vineyard vines wearing wine and cheese set.

Vines is out bro. When people as dumb as you know about it?, tells ya the cool people long ago abandoned the brand.

19 minutes ago, ogham26 said:

imagine if the bills were playing and the league tried to stop a ten thousand person tailgate party

Pretty easy to stop when Federal Marshals with assault rifles walk up  to you in the lot and say move along now, or we gunna have an issue. 

Again, this has nothing to do with the NFL making money..NADA!!! has everything to do with security and what is mandated by both the stae and federal authorities, and especially those agencies dealing with terrorism. The NFL,  i guarantee you, not only does not people to tailgate, they don't want people to PARK at the stadium. Way to big of a process to check every car, the liability and exposure if something happened in a lot is way more riskier  than the $200 or whatever they are charging is worth

Edited by plenzmd1

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Pretty easy to stop when Federal Marshals with assault rifles walk up  to you in the lot and say move along now, or we gunna have an issue. 

Again, this has nothing to do with the NFL making money..NADA!!! has everything to do with security and what is mandated by both the stae and federal authorities, and especially those agencies dealing with terrorism. The NFL,  i guarantee you, not only does not people to tailgate, they don't want people to PARK at the stadium. Way to big of a process to check every car, the liability and exposure if something happened in a lot is way more riskier  than the $200 or whatever they are charging is worth

What are they gonna do? Shoot all of us? GTFO. If every single fan just ignored the rules and tailgated like any other game, there's nothing these gun wielding douche-wads could do. NADA.!!!!

10 minutes ago, Plano said:

What are they gonna do? Shoot all of us? GTFO. If every single fan just ignored the rules and tailgated like any other game, there's nothing these gun wielding douche-wads could do. NADA.!!!!

as i said, i don't think you have ever been to a Super Bowl. This is not some regular ole game you just roll up to the lot and park. I guarantee every car going in a stadium lot is inspected with dogs, mirror under the car , trunk inspected etc and any tailgating supplies confiscated as you enter, plain and simple. And yes, if you disobeyed one those guys direction in the lot you would be hauled off in a second with no thoughts.

Man, even the Bills Super Bowls pre 9-11 the security was up the wazoo. Never even thought to tailgate at one of those, I can only imagine what it is like now

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Gonna call bull on that.

They HAVE a choice.

They choose the loafer and vineyard vines wearing wine and cheese set.

Well, one way in which I agree with you is that it’s all about money. Whether they’re worried about liabilities from drunks or if they want sell more of their stuff instead of people bringing their own, they want to maximize their profits. Maybe it’s both things....

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

as i said, i don't think you have ever been to a Super Bowl. This is not some regular ole game you just roll up to the lot and park. I guarantee every car going in a stadium lot is inspected with dogs, mirror under the car , trunk inspected etc and any tailgating supplies confiscated as you enter, plain and simple. And yes, if you disobeyed one those guys direction in the lot you would be hauled off in a second with no thoughts.

Man, even the Bills Super Bowls pre 9-11 the security was up the wazoo. Never even thought to tailgate at one of those, I can only imagine what it is like now

sounds unbelievably lame to me. What's the point of going to the super bowl?

Someone else in here said it, but if the Bills go again, I'll just fly to Buffalo and watch it with my fellow fans and get annihlated at 1/15th of the cost of 1 ticket.

21 hours ago, Gugny said:

You crossed the line.

I must break you.

My best friend(who is a die hard Yankee Fan) & I decided to take the drive down from Blo to watch that doubleheader.  If you remember, it was a day/night doubleheader, the afternoon game at Shea & the night game at Yankee.  We didn't have tickets for either game but thought how hard would it be to scalp them.  We get to Shea & couldn't find a scalper anywhere.  Totally shut out.  So we go back to Times Square & watch the game from a TGIF.  So we take the trek to Yankee, mind you drinking all afternoon & find a scalper with a pair of tickets down the third base line.  I think we payed like $110 each for them.  Still drinking during the game this happens & I am livid.  My friend knew it too.  Now the Yankees sweep the Mets & I am hot getting on the subway.  My friend tries to justify Clemens actions & we start throwing right in the subway.  I ended up with a black eye & he ended up with a split lip.  Three guys on the Subway had to break it up.  We laughed about on the ride home, but at the time I wanted to kill him, I actually wanted to kill Clemens.   I didn't think I could hate Clemens more until he threw the broken bat at Piazza in the WS.  I wish Lennie Harris would of charged the mound and taught steroid boy a lesson.  Harris was bad ass in his earlier days & said the biggest regret he ever had is not chagrining the mound when this happened.  

27 minutes ago, Plano said:

sounds unbelievably lame to me. What's the point of going to the super bowl?

Someone else in here said it, but if the Bills go again, I'll just fly to Buffalo and watch it with my fellow fans and get annihlated at 1/15th of the cost of 1 ticket.

well, i can tell you that after having gone with the Bills, no ore for me. I always reserve a hotel in Buffalo from the  Saturday night before the game through Wednesday  just in case the Bills make it and the Parade is on Wednesday!

And to your first sentence, the Super Bowl is not really a football game in the traditional sense, and it is unlike any other sporting event I have ever been to. Trust me, you have the right idea going to Buffalo, i would never even consider going to the game unless it was all expenses  paid, and even then think i would rather be in Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1