Jump to content
Hedge

The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Recommended Posts

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

 

Please don't fire Fauci. Please?

 

If he does, he's lost all credibility. 

 

But some here will argue that he's part of the deep state.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Coronavirus: Fauci says US 'could have saved lives' with earlier action

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-52264860

 

When asked about a New York Times report that Dr Fauci and other officials had suggested aggressive mitigation towards the end of February, Dr Fauci said health officials could only make recommendations from a "pure health standpoint".

 

"Often, the recommendation is taken. Sometimes, it's not. But it is what it is, we are where we are right now."

 

Dr Fauci, who is leading the US response to coronavirus, added that "no one is going to deny" that logically, earlier mitigation could have saved lives.

 

But he said "what goes into those kinds of decisions is complicated".

This seems like common sense.  In fact, I’d think if we applied social distancing techniques, shuttered people in place and shut down the economy with regularity we would have less deaths by the flu, car accident, and line drives to the skull at baseball diamond. 
 


 

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This seems like common sense.  In fact, I’d think if we applied social distancing techniques, shuttered people in place and shut down the economy with regularity we would have less deaths by the flu, car accident, and line drives to the skull at baseball diamond. 
 


 

 

 

This is a fake headline.  I watched the interview.  

 

Of course the media would love to create drama between Trump and the task force.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shoshin said:

 

Florida has cases in line with other places and even ahead of them from where they were a few weeks ago. They are not projected to peak for 3 more weeks while other states NY, NJ, PA) in the NE are peaking now. I think it's a little too early to say it is out of the woods yet. 

 

I hope so but Spain and Italy didn't drop precipitously and in fact are running a little lower than their highs but sat for a long time within 20% of its peak deaths. It might just be a holiday and things are getting undercounted. It's really hard to look at a single day and feel too confident. Still better to be down than up. 

 

image.thumb.png.b111ecc824f76bceb772b39a4268eb9d.png

 

(Spain also big drop today)

 

image.thumb.png.802aeaa41b2b695737d98d88075b43fa.png


You’re probably correct that the holiday may have undercount the numbers some.  But the numbers in Italy and Spain are much lower than they were a week ago. I suppose in about 10 days or so from now we will be at around half of where we peaked out.

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

 

Nothing will rival NYC in the US. That's clear at this point. But I'm not sure how Florida will stack up against states like PA, where PA is peaking now and FL is still to peak in 3 weeks, and currently they have about the same case count. Case count is a dubious number but if it's equally dubious in both states, then it's at least the same error in both. I hope it gets spared.


I doubt Florida will peak in 3 weeks. The population areas have been on lock down for weeks now.   This fascination with the national media is way overblown.  The numbers have been remarkably stable for weeks.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, like I said, Trump is getting desperate to open things up and will fire anyone who gets in his way. That should make all you Trumptard losers happy. Trump cares about the stock market more than he cares about people. He already cost lives. Will he cost more? Stay tuned losers! 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

Hmmm, like I said, Trump is getting desperate to open things up and will fire anyone who gets in his way. That should make all you Trumptard losers happy. Trump cares about the stock market more than he cares about people. He already cost lives. Will he cost more? Stay tuned losers! 

Listen to this song while the adults do the talking.   

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NYC Doctor Cameron Kyle-Sidell says they are treating the wrong disease.

 

“I am a physician who has been working at the bedside of COVID+ patients in NYC. I believe we are treating the wrong disease and that we must change what we are doing if we want to save as many lives as possible.”

 

“In February, South Korean physicians reported that critical Covid-19 patients responded well to oxygen therapy without a ventilator. Patients are getting multiple organ damage from hypoxia. It’s not the pneumonia that’s the killer, it’s the cellular oxygen deprivation. And we are hurting these patients with ventilators.”

 

 

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/nyc-icu-doctor-sounds-the-alarm-we-are-treating-covid-patients-incorrectly/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meazza said:

 

This is a fake headline.  I watched the interview.  

 

Of course the media would love to create drama between Trump and the task force.

Are they fake quotes too? It's the BBC, a relatively neutral rag. Read what the man said and tell me again how it's fake news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pilsner said:

NYC Doctor Cameron Kyle-Sidell says they are treating the wrong disease.

 

“I am a physician who has been working at the bedside of COVID+ patients in NYC. I believe we are treating the wrong disease and that we must change what we are doing if we want to save as many lives as possible.”

 

“In February, South Korean physicians reported that critical Covid-19 patients responded well to oxygen therapy without a ventilator. Patients are getting multiple organ damage from hypoxia. It’s not the pneumonia that’s the killer, it’s the cellular oxygen deprivation. And we are hurting these patients with ventilators.”

 

 

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/nyc-icu-doctor-sounds-the-alarm-we-are-treating-covid-patients-incorrectly/

 

 

I just came here to post this.  Its freaking 2am...I come across this and I'm hooked now doing digging.  

 

What would this mean?  How in the world is this not being seen elsewhere?  Does this increase likelihood it is a bioweapon?  Or man made?  Just things I came across in reading about this development.  Considering how I never understood that from early March it was ventilators ventilators ventilators now we have too many?

 

This all continues to make zero sense.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here, another article from the media that only wants to see Trump fail:

 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-expresses-cautious-optimism-over-latest-coronavirus-statistics

 

“‘What would have, what could have,’ it’s very difficult to go back and say that. I mean, obviously, you could logically say that if you had a process that was ongoing and you started mitigation earlier, you could have saved lives. Obviously, no one is going to deny that. But, what goes into those kinds of decisions is complicated." He continued, "If we had, right from the very beginning, shut everything down, it may have been a little bit different, but there was a lot of pushback about shutting things down.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pilsner said:

NYC Doctor Cameron Kyle-Sidell says they are treating the wrong disease.

 

“I am a physician who has been working at the bedside of COVID+ patients in NYC. I believe we are treating the wrong disease and that we must change what we are doing if we want to save as many lives as possible.”

 

“In February, South Korean physicians reported that critical Covid-19 patients responded well to oxygen therapy without a ventilator. Patients are getting multiple organ damage from hypoxia. It’s not the pneumonia that’s the killer, it’s the cellular oxygen deprivation. And we are hurting these patients with ventilators.”

 

 

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/nyc-icu-doctor-sounds-the-alarm-we-are-treating-covid-patients-incorrectly/


That’s not new over the last month. It’s why we need less ventilators too. The doctors have recognized oxygen deprivation is the issue for a long time, which is why using a pulse oximeter is a good measure of disease progress. And they have understood the virus’s effect on hemoglobin too. 
 

Everywhere they try to give oxygen very early if the patient is suffering (hoping unaffected hemoglobin can work with the extra O2 to assist its transport). The ventilator is a Hail Mary to help if the lungs are massively distressed. If we could figure out how to stop the virus from blocking the hemoglobin’s ability to transport oxygen, that would be the big breakthrough. 

Edited by shoshin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pilsner said:

NYC Doctor Cameron Kyle-Sidell says they are treating the wrong disease.

 

“I am a physician who has been working at the bedside of COVID+ patients in NYC. I believe we are treating the wrong disease and that we must change what we are doing if we want to save as many lives as possible.”

 

“In February, South Korean physicians reported that critical Covid-19 patients responded well to oxygen therapy without a ventilator. Patients are getting multiple organ damage from hypoxia. It’s not the pneumonia that’s the killer, it’s the cellular oxygen deprivation. And we are hurting these patients with ventilators.”

 

 

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/nyc-icu-doctor-sounds-the-alarm-we-are-treating-covid-patients-incorrectly/

This came out about a week ago and here's a more in depth article addressing it if interested.

 

Is Protocol-Driven COVID-19 Ventilation Doing More Harm Than Good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Here, another article from the media that only wants to see Trump fail:

 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fauci-expresses-cautious-optimism-over-latest-coronavirus-statistics

 

“‘What would have, what could have,’ it’s very difficult to go back and say that. I mean, obviously, you could logically say that if you had a process that was ongoing and you started mitigation earlier, you could have saved lives. Obviously, no one is going to deny that. But, what goes into those kinds of decisions is complicated." He continued, "If we had, right from the very beginning, shut everything down, it may have been a little bit different, but there was a lot of pushback about shutting things down.”

Gene, you've always been a lefty but generally an honest lefty. Your recent posts have been disingenuous. Fauci basically said in that interview that Trump and others got on the virus as soon as they found out that it was going to be a problem. Could it have helped to anticipate what it might do? Of course, but the WHO and China did an effective job of not only hiding the extent of the virus but its very nature. They outright lied. China shut down all of its movie theaters while still claiming that the virus could not be passed from human to human. WHO had to have known this but the only conclusion is that they helped cover up the seriousness of the virus. I would have liked that Trump could have anticipated this virus 6 months ago and agree if he had reacted to it then we would have been much better off. What you are saying is equivalent to saying that if FDR had only anticipated the attack on Pearl Harbor in October of 1941 we would have had less carnage. The only way to judge Trump (and FDR) is their reaction to the task at hand. Simply put, once they knew about the problem, what did they do about the problem?  

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Gene, you've always been a lefty but generally an honest lefty. Your recent posts have been disingenuous. Fauci basically said in that interview that Trump and others got on the virus as soon as they found out that it was going to be a problem. Could it have helped to anticipate what it might do? Of course, but the WHO and China did an effective job of not only hiding the extent of the virus but its very nature. They outright lied. China shut down all of its movie theaters while still claiming that the virus could not be passed from human to human. WHO had to have known this but the only conclusion is that they helped cover up the seriousness of the virus. I would have liked that Trump could have anticipated this virus 6 months ago and agree if he had reacted to it then we would have been much better off. What you are saying is equivalent to saying that if FDR had only anticipated the attack on Pearl Harbor in October of 1941 we would have had less carnage. The only way to judge Trump (and FDR) is their reaction to the task at hand. Simply put, once they knew about the problem, what did they do about the problem?  

My recent posts have been quotes from the doc and literally nothing more. If you don't like these quotes and they upset you, we have that in common. As far as I know, FDR had no warning about the attack on Pearl Harbor. If he did, and then dragged his heels on a response, your comparison would be more spot on.

 

If I'm less pleasant than usual about this, it's because I'm angry at the bungling. Screw China and their cover-up as well. I'm stuck at home like everyone else and want this to go away just like everyone else. If you believe Fauci, who has zero reason to lie, this means that Trump had actionable information and advice early on that he chose to ignore, likely causing this economic shutdown to last longer than it need to. IMHO, instead of looking at this as a leftist attack on Trump, you should be angry too, as it affects us all.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

My recent posts have been quotes from the doc and literally nothing more. If you don't like these quotes and they upset you, we have that in common. As far as I know, FDR had no warning about the attack on Pearl Harbor. If he did, and then dragged his heels on a response, your comparison would be more spot on.

 

If I'm less pleasant than usual about this, it's because I'm angry at the bungling. Screw China and their cover-up as well. I'm stuck at home like everyone else and want this to go away just like everyone else. If you believe Fauci, who has zero reason to lie, this means that Trump had actionable information and advice early on that he chose to ignore, likely causing this economic shutdown to last longer than it need to. IMHO, instead of looking at this as a leftist attack on Trump, you should be angry too, as it affects us all.

Wow, you certainly know how to stretch things and your misinterpretation skills are legendary. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gimme that pen baby. Gotta get me one of those pens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...