Hedge

The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

This thread has degenerated into a bunch of personal attacks and is no longer serving a useful purpose on this board.

Therefore, a gratuitous photo of a woman with big jugs is needed to restore this thread to intelligent conversation:

jc63y098hup11.jpg

Well played sir! And as a gesture to others, I quoted you so everyone can see her again! 😁

1 hour ago, Q-baby! said:

You’re an idiot. IQof3 makes a dumb comment and I’m the bad guy. Trump is a moron, you are a moron. Trump will be responsible for deaths. I want to see zero deaths. Can you comprehend that? Trump was a moron before this whole mess. I don’t need people dying to prove Trump is a moron.
Now, if you can show me anywhere saying I hoped for people to die, please show me or ***** off. 

Zero deaths was never a possibility with the Chinese virus. Even a moron would know that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

Well, you said Dayton

Oops! 

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

This thread has degenerated into a bunch of personal attacks and is no longer serving a useful purpose on this board.

Therefore, a gratuitous photo of a woman with big jugs is needed to restore this thread to intelligent conversation:

jc63y098hup11.jpg

Post a link to the page that you got this from..... I must know!

• Haha (+1) 1

A Korean War-era law called the Defense Production Act has been invoked hundreds of thousands of times by Mr. Trump and his administration to ensure the procurement of vital equipment, according to reports submitted to Congress and interviews with former government officials.

Yet as governors and members of Congress plead with the president to use the law to force the production of ventilators and other medical equipment to combat the pandemic, he has for weeks treated it like a last resort, to be invoked only when all else fails.

“You know, we’re a country not based on nationalizing our business,” Mr. Trump said earlier this month. “Call a person over in Venezuela, ask them how did nationalization of their businesses work out? Not too well.”

The law’s frequent use, especially by the military to give its contracts priority ratings to jump ahead of a vendor’s other clients, has prompted those most familiar with it to question why the administration has been so hesitant to tap it for a public health emergency.

“What’s more important? Building an aircraft carrier or a frigate using priority ratings or saving a hundred thousand lives using priorities for ventilators?” said Larry Hall, who retired in August as the director of the Defense Production Act program division at the Federal Emergency Management Agency. “If we used the president’s logic, most of our economy is already nationalized. But it isn’t.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/world/coronavirus-live-news-updates.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

23 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Zero deaths was never a possibility with the Chinese virus. Even a moron would know that. 

Thanks tips! That wasn’t the point. 

Posted (edited)

Really like how  President Trump compassionate good President. Don't like next couple or few weeks might be hard.  Like President Trump said next couple weeks. Hope goes away tomorrow.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Maybe I’ve just got a bad case of cabin fever, but doesn’t it seem like they’ve ( State, Fed, County) been saying “ the next two to three weeks are critical “ for about two full  weeks now ? 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Maybe I’ve just got a bad case of cabin fever, but doesn’t it seem like they’ve ( State, Fed, County) been saying “ the next two to three weeks are critical “ for about two full  weeks now ? 

My house jumped on the second isolation train earlier than most in CA, we are on day 19 here. So I might be in the same boat as you, but it sure feels that way. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

HOW MANY LIVES DID HER POLITICALLY INSPIRED OBSTRUCTION COST? 

Gov. Whitmer reverses course on coronavirus drugs, is now asking feds for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine. 

“Gov. Gretchen Whitmer drew fire from some on the right after the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) sent a letter last week threatening ‘administrative action’ against doctors who prescribed two experimental drugs that could potentially help coronavirus patients. The Whitmer administration has since removed the language threatening doctors from the letter and is now asking the federal government to send shipments of the drugs, Bridge magazine reports.”

HIM TOO..........

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: 

:lol:  I just rewatched that trilogy this past weekend.

• Haha (+1) 1

When video comes out... some reporter asked Trump if he was diverted when the coronavirus was ravaging Italy, he said, "I think so, I mean I was being impeached ... " and then he went one to how it was a phony political hit job, etc.  Which opened up Trump to chat about the FBI, Comey, McCabe, etc.

• Like (+1) 4

This whole thread is aging about as gracefully as Drumpfs comb-over. The fact that there are still people supporting that traitorous ass-clown in here should be a little more surprising than it actually is. We really don't deserve to make it out of this thing as a species.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What's incredible is how steady Trump has been throughout this three year siege on his Presidency.  It just makes him stronger. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

7 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Do you include de Blasio and Cuomo in your blame of waiting too long? How about Pelosi and Schumer? How about every political figure in this country? How about every political leader in every country in Europe? 

Show us the data that proves what is happening here is any worse than what is happening anywhere else? Seriously, quit spouting the same tired cliche of "he waited too long" and show us the actual data to prove it.

Wait Mitch, are you saying the administration wasn't focused on this early...?

Yes, somewhere in this thread I said de Blasio and Trump were similar in this.