The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, GG said:

They should have drank fishtank cleaner instead.

Is there a limit to your stupidity?

The simple answer is....

No

With that said, Florida looking better by the day.  Lowest percent positive rate in over a month.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Arizona looking good as well

22 minutes ago, Magox said:

The simple answer is....

No

With that said, Florida looking better by the day.  Lowest percent positive rate in over a month.

Oh no!!! what will we have to fret about?

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

When New York, New Jersey and other states mismanaged by leftist politicians were getting crushed, it was Trump's fault.

But when Florida, Georgia and Texas was hit, it was Trump's fault and these states that are managed by Republicans fault.

Soon, the right leaning governors states will have a good stable situation and will move to some left leaning governors where the "hot spots" will be and the blame will shift just to Trump.

Do you see a pattern here?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

When New York, New Jersey and other states mismanaged by leftist politicians were getting crushed, it was Trump's fault.

But when Florida, Georgia and Texas was hit, it was Trump's fault and these states that are managed by Republicans fault.

Soon, the right leaning governors states will have a good stable situation and will move to some left leaning governors where the "hot spots" will be and the blame will shift just to Trump.

Do you see a pattern here?

#orangemanbad ?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gary M said:

The predictable pivot is to the Midwest, but the numbers won't be high enough to maintain the panic.   It will be interesting to see the coverage once new cases drop below 200 in the populous states and deaths approach zero.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

The predictable pivot is to the Midwest, but the numbers won't be high enough to maintain the panic.   It will be interesting to see the coverage once new cases drop below 200 in the populous states and deaths approach zero.

Some of those Midwest states that have populous areas such as Detroit and Chicago are at about 10% antibody infection rates.  So they still can get hit but it won't be nearly as bad as it was the first time around for them.   San Francisco is one that hasn't been hit that badly yet, I think it's just a matter of time before they do get hit.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Not sure how cuomo is justifying his actions anymore.

image.thumb.png.26c1b50c18e1e85001bdd067618199d2.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why Georgia Could Be Blowing the Lockdown Meme Out of the Water

by Stacey Lennox

Original Article

Georgia was one of the last states to cave to a statewide lockdown. It was also one of the first to start reopening. Republican Gov. Brian Kemp resisted calls to mandate a statewide closure, leaving it to local governments. When reopening was an option after guidelines were published, Kemp ensured that all Georgians would be allowed to participate in the reopening and prohibited local governments from implementing more restrictive guidelines than he did at the state level. The media freaked out on both ends of the lockdown. 

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Some of those Midwest states that have populous areas such as Detroit and Chicago are at about 10% antibody infection rates.  So they still can get hit but it won't be nearly as bad as it was the first time around for them.   San Francisco is one that hasn't been hit that badly yet, I think it's just a matter of time before they do get hit.  

Illinois & Michigan are interesting because their cases haven't dropped off as much from their earlier peaks.  But the mortality has dropped significantly meaning that the right measures are in place to protect the vulnerable. 

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

Not sure how cuomo is justifying his actions anymore.

image.thumb.png.26c1b50c18e1e85001bdd067618199d2.png

He gets cover as long as there are still rising cases in the bad red states.  Once they get past the peak and open up again, it will be hard to justify the NY lockdowns.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Because they have "Flattened the curve!"

Success!!!

I want one reporter to ask anyone in charge.....

"When the entire country looks like this, will we be back to full normal?"

Someone tell me the answer will be 100% in the affirmative.  

Because I don't believe it.  Which is why as I've maintained from the beginning the longer this goes on the more dangerous it becomes to our freedoms and liberties that the Left has mocked for the last 6 months from home as they continue to collect government salary.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm too caught up in #TreWatch to look deeper but omg if this accurate...

I've brought this up a number of times.

I honestly believe that a significant percentage of the people who have died "because of COVID" either died not because of COVID or were within weeks of dying.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Magox said:

I honestly believe that a significant percentage of the people who have died "because of COVID" either died not because of COVID or were within weeks of dying.  

...the initial Covid-19 Relief Package included billions is hospital aid funding to be distributed through the Medicare vehicle.....and there was money to be made as relief provided $39,000 for Covid-19 cases versus normal $13,000 reimbursement......so everything was rubber stamped "Covid-19"......and I thought I read that 40+% of Covid-19 cases resulted from pre-existing conditions, hence the more susceptible weaker populous......but why cloud the issue with FACTS?.....better yet are published reports about folks who signed up to be tested, waited in line for hours only to finally give up and go home UNTESTED....followed by a letter in the mail stating "tested positive"......how "convenient".....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Actually there are only 159k deaths. You foolish point is foolish. 

....BIG TIME OUT.......we need to confer with the "PPP Statistical Covid-19 Expert" known as "SoTier" for REAL TIME facts and figures....he's as legendary on the football side...TBD HOF nominee.....

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....BIG TIME OUT.......we need to confer with the "PPP Statistical Covid-19 Expert" known as "SoTier" for REAL TIME facts and figures....he's as legendary on the football side...TBD HOF nominee.....

Yes. But Im willing to bet it is closer to 159k them 1 million according to billstime

5 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Yes. But Im willing to bet it is closer to 159k them 1 million according to billstime

...with SO MANY FACTUAL experts here, I tend to get confused.....probably a senior moment.....billstime=Q Baby.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Deaths haven’t been rising over past couple days Week over week.   Probably either at the top or really close.  This also shows that we would make new lows in beginning of November, I have it pegged end of September/beginning October.  

13 hours ago, Magox said:

And how do you then explain the spike in deaths compared to the average expected?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

And how do you then explain the spike in deaths compared to the average expected?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

There you go again.  No ability to critically think for yourself.  Despite all the evidence that we know that the average age of the person who dies is 81 years old with 2.7 comorbidities and a significant percentage of them in nursing homes (which the average time of stay is 5 months) and reports that Kerpen brought up from CDC.  You still defy logic.  It's a problem of yours.  

Now to address what you posted.   I already had posted about this, clearly it was something that went over your head.  What did it say on YOUR chart?   (All causes)  Right?

What have we been talking about the lock downs for months?  Have we been talking about other deleterious effects and causes of deaths due to the lock downs? 

Now for my chart,  Right in that very same section - Look at all the deaths EXCLUDING COVID-19.  Look at the total number of deaths in each of those states, many of them have way more than double the amount of deaths that AREN'T related to COVID.   The Red is the expected amount of deaths, the grey are all the excess deaths that are NONCOVID related. And that is just information that CDC has collected, most of us with any ability to critically think for ourselves knows that number is much higher than what they have gathered.     

ExcessDeaths.png

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Magox said:

There you go again.  No ability to critically think for yourself.  Despite all the evidence that we know that the average age of the person who dies is 81 years old with 2.7 comorbidities and a significant percentage of them in nursing homes (which the average time of stay is 5 months) and reports that Kerpen brought up from CDC.  You still defy logic.  It's a problem of yours.  

Now to address what you posted.   I already posted about this, clearly it was something that you went over your head.  What did it say on YOUR chart?   (All causes)  Right?

What have we been talking about the lock downs for months?  Have we been talking about other deleterious effects and causes of deaths due to the lock downs? 

Now for my chart,  Right in that very same section - Look at all the deaths EXCLUDING COVID-19.  Look at the total number of deaths in each of those states, many of them have way more than double the amount of deaths that AREN'T related to COVID.   The Red is the expected amount of deaths, the grey are all the excess deaths that are NONCOVID related. And that is just information that CDC has collected, most of us with any ability to critically think for ourselves knows that number is much higher than what they have gathered.     

ExcessDeaths.png

Cool chart. On my phone but I’ll check it out later. 

I quote the 2-3 comorbidity thing all the time. Of course Covid is killing at risk folk more. And it’s having a likely worse effect through the lockdowns and general fear. You keep arguing without me like I don’t believe that just because I’ve proven you wrong on a few posts. I think the lock down and fear are much worse than the virus. Much worse. 

You are still defaulting to douche way of having a discussion for some reason. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Haha (+1) 1