The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

...when in doubt, the bungling inept play "the card"....how sad...........

Michigan's Whitmer says armed protesters displayed 'worst racism and awful parts' of US history

By Andrew O'Reilly | Fox News

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer slammed the protesters who gathered inside the state's Capitol building on Thursday to demand she rescind her stay-at-home orders, saying they represented the "worst racism and awful parts" of  U.S. history.

"There were swastikas and Confederate flags and nooses and people with assault rifles," Whitmer said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "Some of the outrageousnesses of what happened at our capitol depicted some of the worst racism and awful parts of our history in this country."

The Michigan governor, however, added that those people represented a small portion of the demonstrators at the state capital and that, for the most part, the protest was peaceful.

"When you think about the fact that this is a state of almost 10 million people, the vast majority of whom are doing the right thing," she added, "the behavior you've seen in all of the clips is not representative of who we are in Michigan."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/michigans-whitmer-says-armed-protesters-displayed-worst-racism-and-awful-parts-of-u-s-history

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I have to ask. Have you posted ANYTHING in this thread, a thread about the most serious pandemic in 100 years, that wasn’t about Trump?  Just in case you weren’t aware that’s what this thread is about. The pandemic not Trump. This says a awful lot about how you, and the few others that post the same way here, go through life. Using the blame game. Sad. 

Nearly a quarter million people are dead around the world and that number is clearly much higher based on the very high likelihood of unreported deaths.

One country has more than a quarter of all those deaths, and it's ours.

So much of that is a failure in leadership, lack of accountability, lack of empathy, and sheer narcissism bordering on God Complex.

Donald Trump and his incredible incompetence is clearly a big part of the story of this Pandemic.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Nearly a quarter million people are dead around the world and that number is clearly much higher based on the very high likelihood of unreported deaths.

So much of that is a failure in leadership, lack of accountability, lack of empathy, and sheer narcissism bordering on God Complex.

Donald Trump and his incredible incompetence is clearly a big part of the story of this Pandemic.

You're a broken, broken man. 

And you've had every chance to find truth -- yet you keep reaching for partisan talking points. 

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your Hannity fixation notwithstanding, I believe the record will show he was accurate on the Benghazi cover up, on the Trump election and HRCs and DNC shenanigans on Sanders 2016, Russia investigation, partisanship impact on Mueller investigation and the eventual outcome of the probe, corruption at the top of the FBI, surveillance on American citizens, FISA abuse, and it would appear the sustained effort to entrap and coerce Michael Flynn. 

By contrast the WaPo has msm awards for inaccurate reporting, but yeah, 82 sources.  That’s way more than they had for Russia. Or not.

Why do you like reading these op-eds with all the inflammatory rhetoric?  They just seem to get you all worked up.

2 hours ago, Justice said:

Masks are expensive. I get mine for about $3.75 per. That price needs to come down. A family of 5 using daily worn masks will run $18.75 per day. $562 per month. $6,750 per year. Not cheap and not affordable for many. 

You can re use them. Just rotate two or three. The virus doesn’t live forever if it gets on your mask.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

You can re use them. Just rotate two or three. The virus doesn’t live forever if it gets on your mask.

I spray mine with water and rubbing alcohol and leave it dry for a day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snafu said:

What about all the other nasty microbial colonies that are likely breeding on its surface?

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

My work is done here.....again. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, meazza said:

I agree.  I’m against the lockdown now that we’ve had enough time to build supplies and prepare hospitals.

We as a city will be opening up slowly on the 19th.

Of what month?  Here in California it’s the 19th of Wringingourhandsuary. 

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I can’t even...

Seems like Jean has no comprehension of math. For me to pick out 1-2 family members or close friends I'd have to have 100 of them in order to make sense of her little ditty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I would offer up Tibs and BillStime. I would be sad of course, but I would be willing to make that sacrifice.

Well, I doubt that they are your friends so I guess they are relatives?

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think you have become completely unhinged...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1