The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

It's still slightly in the news.

We need to get back our economy priority 1, but there will be a new normal in a lot of ways, and one of those ways is taking steps to make sure this shutdown is a one time thing and we don't get spikes in cases that overwhelm health systems. 

Yes, we need to control new cases to some degree, and make sure we have hospital capacity ( not extreme excess) to deal with an inevitable increase in cases in a manageable way. Another shutdown is not an option, period. Any acute problems should be addressed but a nationwide closedown of the economy can never happen again. The country won’t survive. 

You can cross House Democrats off of the “Profiles in Courage” list as Steny Hoyer confirmed a few moments ago that the House will not be coming back into session on May 4:

He’s citing the Capitol physician who said that DC is considered a corona hotspot,

Note: He’s also the attending physician for the Senate:

And Cocaine Mitch has not changed his mind. It’s back to work on May 4:

I guess we'll see.

My thought is that many senators will not comply.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

The United States “could be in for a bad fall” if researchers don’t find an effective treatment to fight the coronavirus by then, White House health advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci said. 

This is where Fauci shows his inability to communicate things in a non alarmist way.   He is being truthful, nothing wrong with that, but if he was more media savvy he could use different words that as I mentioned previously, that will now make the rounds  He could have said "could pose some challenges", or some other wording that says the same thing without making headlines.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Magox said:

This is where Fauci shows his inability to communicate things in a non alarmist way.   He is being truthful, nothing wrong with that, but if he was more media savvy he could use different words that as I mentioned previously, that will now make the rounds  He could have said "could pose some challenges", or some other wording that says the same thing without making headlines.

Feature, not a bug.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just got done watching that DeSantis/Trump press mcdoodle, and you could see DeSantis was doing victory laps over the media.  He is the governor of my state and he's been doing that over the past few days.  You can see that it frustrated the hell out of him all the media teeth gnashing over the way they thought he had mishandled it.  He pointed out the facts and the facts show that the way he handled it was a hell of a lot better than most others.  And even though the weather helps the way they handled it in a much more surgical manner was a model for other states to follow.

• Like (+1) 4