The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nope. I just listened to what he said: 

"So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with." 

He's talking about trials, under medical supervision. He says it without precision, but that's what he's saying.

Its dumb.  It is incredibly dumb.  The old quote "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt" fits this perfectly.

POTUS should let the scientists and doctors decide what should be tried at clinical trials.  Nobody working on Covid-19 should waste anytime on this crackpot idea.  His snake oil selling of hydroxychloroquine made it difficult to do clinical trials on other drugs and treatments because too many people wanted the "Trump Drug" or didn't want to risk getting a placebo.  Well hydroxychloroquine ain't looking too promising right now.

He should stop coming to these daily briefings.  He provide no benefit.  He sows confusion and rancor.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's NEVER been precise. That's not a strength. Words DO matter, more so when one is imprecise. You have to carefully interpret them, that's not what the media has done. They've intentionally twisted it into something that sounds dangerous to make you and others afraid. 

You're helping that cause by the way. 

Do better. 

You've literally been twisting the narrative all morning. I've pointed out the times you've done it. 

Stop being dishonest and just face it. You got had by a dishonest media spinning a non story.

No, and I am not going to continue this back and forth nonsense.  Words matter.  The president has the power of the pulpit of the most powerful man on the planet.  It is on him to use his words precisely, it is not on you or me or the media or  to try and figure out what he means every time he opens his mouth.  I hear what he says, an  assume he means what he says, and when what he says is stupid and irresponsible that's what it is.  If you don't get that it 's because you don't want to for whatever reason.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

I think he likely meant antivirals and used the wrong word. Not uncommon for a layperson. 

Well then, he needs to watch what he says.  Which is the point I've been trying to make.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

The old quote "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt" fits this perfectly.

He should stop coming to these daily briefings.  He provide no benefit.  He sows confusion and rancor.

No! Keep removing the doubt! 

2 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Its dumb.  It is incredibly dumb.  The old quote "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt" fits this perfectly.

POTUS should let the scientists and doctors decide what should be tried at clinical trials.  Nobody working on Covid-19 should waste anytime on this crackpot idea.  His snake oil selling of hydroxychloroquine made it difficult to do clinical trials on other drugs and treatments because too many people wanted the "Trump Drug" or didn't want to risk getting a placebo.  Well hydroxychloroquine ain't looking too promising right now.

That works for posting too. 

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I would say yes.   The issue with using this to treat the Covid issue is that the viral effects cause pulmonary fibrosis from my reading, which in turn affects the alveoli, and from the diagram shown I see no way the UV light would penetrate into the alveoli to have an effect.  I commend you for finding this, however.

Okay, if it's all the same, I'll trust what I'm hearing and seeing from, y'know, Cedars Freaking Sinai, than I will from a message board poster who thinks that Cedars Sinai is ridiculous for being damn close to a solution.

I suspect you just want to stick with "Trump is ridiculous" at all costs. It's understandable, what with all the media and elected Dems telling everyone Trump told them to inject themselves with Chlorine.

We're running out of original thinkers, that's for damn sure.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scraps said:

You continue to be wrong, about pretty much everything of consequence. :lol: 

Keep remaining plugged into the dishonest media complex, it's doing wonders for your cognitive abilities. 

Just heard from John Roberts of Fox News that there's a company that is putting a UV light down the breathing tube on patients and it looks promising. I didn't catch all of it but John ended with "President Trump was absolutely right yesterday". Hmmmn.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No, and I am not going to continue this back and forth nonsense.  Words matter.  

And yet you keep twisting the words from what was said to something invented. 

I'm starting to suspect you don't really mean this statement. What you really mean is only the "approved" words matter. Sad way to live. 

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The president has the power of the pulpit of the most powerful man on the planet.  It is on him to use his words precisely, it is not on you or me or the media or  to try and figure out what he means every time he opens his mouth.

In this country, as citizens, it's our job to hold leaders accountable. So it is our duty to try to "figure out what he means". What you're advocating here is the opposite of how this country is supposed to work for functioning adults. 

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I hear what he says, an  assume he means what he says, and when what he says is stupid and irresponsible that's what it is.

You mean, you hear what he says (through a media cut-out), then twist what was said to fit the narrative that same dishonest media is trying to manipulate you into believing. 

You got had. Big time. 

It's okay to admit it. It's sad to keep clinging to a mountain of bullshite and claim it's fact though.

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Just heard from John Roberts of Fox News that there's a company that is putting a UV light down the breathing tube on patients and it looks promising. I didn't catch all of it but John ended with "President Trump was absolutely right". Hmmmn.

UV treatment has been used for a long time, mainly in depression -- but in other clinical ways as well. 

Again, you had people argue that the sun was bad yesterday just because Trump said something positive about it. People don't want truth or fact. They want their preformed opinions validated -- and thus they'll filter everything through that lens first. 

Which is why the TDS addled crew continues to embarrass themselves almost daily. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Dude, they're rallies.

He's a sociopath who was literally praising his ratings a few weeks ago.

When has he showed sympathy for the families who have lost loved ones or shouldered any of the blame.

His leadership has been a joke. He's the laughing stock of the world right now. 

I don't spend much time on the football board during off-season because there's a lot of embarrassing content, so I genuinely thought your over-the-top Chicken Little routine on PPP was you being a far-left Tibs/Q-Tip/Gary/TDS-dementia thing, but then I saw your posts during the draft last night, and I stand corrected: it appears you're just one of the most pessimistic people in the world. 

Things aren't bad to you. They're the baddest bad that could ever be bad. You look into the future and all you see is misery. Whether it's millions will die fro Covid or Miami will run the draft board and destroy everyone next year, you are one pessimistic mutherfugger.

You should break open a Kit-Kat bar. Maybe a Snickers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Well then, he needs to watch what he says.  Which is the point I've been trying to make.

He absolutely does, I'm not going to defend the lack of scientific acumen on display from our President.  But at the same time might a better follow up question from the reporter been to simply ask him what he meant when he said disinfectant? If then Trump himself actually used the word "bleach" then I'd think wed be onto something with this shitstorm today.

42 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I watched the video.  Trump said the stupidest thing I've ever heard him say.  That is saying alot.

What you prove over and over again is that you don't understand what he said so you think it is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I do try and limit my salt intact :) 

Then you should drink some iodine right away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I watch what is actually said.  That is what the FDA director actually said.  I watched the president and heard exactly what he said.   You have to try and twist his narrative into something.  I don't.

Its called gaslighting.

• Haha (+1) 1

And no, it's not being done by the people who control zero of the following:

all major pop culture voices

all major pop culture institutes

all major academic institutes

all major media conglomerates, save one channel 

all major newspapers 

Edited by arcane