The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Guess the China Hoax killed another 9/11 worth of US citizens yesterday. Weird.

You know how you tell when a man has lost himself? 

When he has to lie about what people said just so he can argue against a position never taken. 

You should feel bad. But you don't because you're a good little NPC.

• Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

It must be all day recess with no supervision at preschool today...

I can't wait until people get back to work instead of trolling message boards as a boredom hobby. I guess that means we are stuck with Tibs though.  :unsure:

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I can't wait until people get back to work instead of trolling message boards as a boredom hobby. I guess that means we are stuck with Tibs though.  :unsure:

This is all an elaborate marketing ploy by Tibs... he's created all these alts, had them run amok on the board for weeks until the rest of the regulars pull out their hair and PINE for the days when Tibs was the only village idiot. THAT'S when he'll return to applause. 

It's a dastardly plot! :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

LOL.  He ain't going nowhere.  How corona quarantine wrecked PPP

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I don't play the media scapegoat game, and even if I did, that's the way the cards were dealt, so play your damn hand.  Would I fight back, absolutely.  I'd have a different demeanor about me that left them understanding my point.  Just having rude shouting matches doesn't get anything done, and it makes us look bad.

you don't have to play, 'the media scapegoating game', but ignoring their role in it all is not examining what is happening with a full field of vision. to make an educated opinion, all facets must be considered. you are blaming Trump for the way he fights the fight and yet you completely absolve the media for their role in the fight, that doesn't make much sense to me but it may be a possible reason for your bias here. could be wrong but you might want to take a look at that.

thank you for answering the question(s). as i thought, you would fight back, as i'm sure most would. in that, you also have to admit we all fight the fight (whatever it may be) differently.

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you don't have to play, 'the media scapegoating game', but ignoring their role in it all is not examining what is happening with a full field of vision. to make an educated opinion, all facets must be considered. you are blaming Trump for the way he fights the fight and yet you completely absolve the media for their role in the fight, that doesn't make much sense to me but it may be a possible reason for your bias here. could be wrong but you might want to take a look at that.

thank you for answering the question(s). as i thought, you would fight back, as i'm sure most would. in that, you also have to admit we all fight the fight (whatever it may be) differently.

I didn't absolve the media, I just said that it is what it is.  He probably knew this was what it was going to be like.  They didn't like him before he was elected.

Edited by daz28

29 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

... Fake news. 

You are on the fake news list, right Foxx?  I seem to think so but I can't recall off the top of my head. ...

not sure what you mean here but if you are asking me if i believe the main stream news to be fake news, then yes, i am on that list. you're a fool if you're not.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

What stopped you? 

Mostly the liberal media.  But I also have an affinity for Buffalo, and at least had an affinity for my chosen profession.  So that played a little bit of a role, too. 

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

not sure what you mean here but if you are asking me if i believe the main stream news to be fake news, then yes, i am on that list. you're a fool if you're not.

Good catch. I think you're on the hoax list, too. 

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is all an elaborate marketing ploy by Tibs... he's created all these alts, had them run amok on the board for weeks until the rest of the regulars pull out their hair and PINE for the days when Tibs was the only village idiot. THAT'S when he'll return to applause. 

It's a dastardly plot! :lol: 

Hoax.

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I didn't absolve the media, I just said that it is what it is.  He probably knew this was what it was going to be like.  They didn't like him before he was elected.

44 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I don't play the media scapegoat game, ...

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

see, now your forcing me to tell you you're an idiot again.

you're an idiot.

Now that's not very nice.  More behavior like that and you're going to be on the Washed up Psycho list with Deranged Rhino. 

24 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Guess the China Hoax killed another 9/11 worth of US citizens yesterday. Weird.

That is obviously the saddest part of the whole thing.  We could see 9/11.   We can't see this, in significant part because we can't get cameras and reporters into ERs and ICUs (obviously with good reason).  This struggle is a lot of different things to a lot of different people, but one thing that might be lost if we don't have a loved one in a hospital is the extent of human suffering and loss that is occurring.  I try to make a point to remember that every day when I think of my own problems, and I need to do a better job in that respect. 

"We agreed to turn ourselves into hermits temporarily to 'flatten the curve,' which meant slowing infection so the healthcare system could cope.

This mustn't be allowed to mutate into the idea that we can make ourselves entirely safe."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-crack-up-of-extreme-social-distancing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Mostly the liberal media.  But I also have an affinity for Buffalo, and at least had an affinity for my chosen profession.  So that played a little bit of a role, too. 

How so? Serious question. Don't mean to get too personal or off track, just curious.

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

How so? Serious question. Don't mean to get too personal or off track, just curious.

It's a joke.  I like Buffalo.  I (generally) like what I do, and I didn't make a play for the big money early in my career.  (I get it, everyone likes to say that they could have been more or could have done more but chose not to, but in my case there's an element of truth to it.)

So now my investment activities are limited to securities.  But development, and development in NYC, seems to be where it's at these days.  Or maybe was before the pandemic.  It's hard to get started in something like that now, even at a small level (buying a few rentals in Buffalo and moving up from there, for example) with the constraints of the profession and the status of the securities portfolio.  In short, my time has passed. 

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"We agreed to turn ourselves into hermits temporarily to 'flatten the curve,' which meant slowing infection so the healthcare system could cope.

This mustn't be allowed to mutate into the idea that we can make ourselves entirely safe."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-crack-up-of-extreme-social-distancing

The Examiner is a right wing rag, but there is some truth to what is written there.  It's hard to take the piece seriously, though, when the author castigates the left for calling Trump authoritarian when Trump himself said that he has "absolute authority."

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It simply means I don't absolve either.  This is how it is, so play the hands as they are dealt.  

except you don't.

you said yourself that you don't blame the media but the gist of your other postings are, Trump is #orangemanbad.

Video of the interview at the link. Really lays it out quite quickly.

Peter Navarro accuses China of committing 'four kills' with response to coronavirus pandemic

White House Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy director Peter Navarro joined "Hannity" Tuesday night and laid out China's mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic, a process he said Beijing might call "the four kills."

"They spawned the virus, probably in that P4  lab right there in China and then they hid it behind the shield of the World Health Organization," Navarro began.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2