The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it a case of, damned if you do, damned if you don't. it doesn't matter who it is, it is a no win situation.

Maybe so, I guess the way things are I'm more like Sheldon when he tells Leonard ".....I'm much better suited as an FAA Inspector checking the wreckage".

LOL

• Like (+1) 1

Regarding this guy, who has been spinning hard for the last day:

14 hours ago, Hedge said:

The below tweet is from the "Spokesperson & Deputy Director General, Information Department, Foreign Ministry."

---------------------------------

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

The test that he mentioned by Roche is a quicker PCR test than is possible with normal PCR. My old company evaluated that platform and a few others for a rapid flu diagnostic.

Having been involved in developing these types of tests over the years I can tell you with certainty that the speed at which they brought these tests forward and cut through the red tape is remarkable.

I only became aware of PCR about a year ago when my aqua farming class had a lecture by the Director, Aquatic Diagnostic Laboratory at Roger Williams University. It was eye opening. They do all the testing for Shellfish diseases here on Cape Cod. It’s incredulous to me that the jokers think this can be rolled out T the snap of their fingers. 

Ding! Hot Pockets are done!

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Even though it’s off topic, curious what you’d rank higher. :beer: 

I'd say the Soviet propaganda machine before and after WWII, because they were fully infiltrated inside UK and US voices of public influence.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

I'd say the Soviet propaganda machine before and after WWII, because they were fully infiltrated inside UK and US voices of public influence.

It's amazing to me the gap in understanding between people who lived with the threat of the USSR and those who have no memory of it. My family in particular was STAUNCHLY anti-communist, given Poland's miserable history with the USSR. They weren't really fans of Germany, either. :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, GG said:

The Chinese factories and timing of Fashion Week is more plausible than a conspiracy.  

Magutu was behind it.

Edited by Wacka
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

It's amazing to me the gap in understanding between people who lived with the threat of the USSR and those who have no memory of it. My family in particular was STAUNCHLY anti-communist, given Poland's miserable history with the USSR. They weren't really fans of Germany, either. :lol:

The entire basis of Bernie's appeal is people who have no clue of what he's proposing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Laxatives sell out as hoarders try to make use of excess toilet paper

sold_out_laxatives-1024x557.jpg

There has been a run on laxatives in stores today as shoppers frantically try to justify the 200 rolls of toilet paper that they have stashed in their basements.

“When I saw everyone else loading up on toilet paper I thought it must have been important so I did the same,” said one frantic laxative shopper John Bog. “But then when I got home I realised people were just buying it for the coronavirus, and I felt like a right idiot. Now I’ve gotta justify having 50 multipacks of toilet paper in my bathroom or the wife is going to have a fit.” ...

• Haha (+1) 7