The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, TPS said:

True. They’re probably out trying to buy their TP now....

Yes, to wipe TPS off your ass you need a little TP. There was a time when you actually had some standards and your posts showed that. Not so much anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

The NBA just postponed their season.  A billion dollar industry is on hold.  Surely they must just be trolling Trump.  Surely they are over reacting.

Is it still something to laugh about and pin on the liberal media and chuck and Nancy?

This is a serious situation and so many of you sound dumb trying to make this about politics or poo poo the seriousness of this.

Edited by section122
Spelling is hard
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, to wipe TPS off your ass you need a little TP. There was a time when you actually had some standards and your posts showed that. Not so much anymore. 

Yeah, seeing you all take the Trump line on this, and not seeing it for the crisis it is, had an impact. That, and knowing my odds aren’t good if I get it...

1 minute ago, section122 said:

The NBA just postponed their season.  A billion dollar industry is on hold.  Surely they must just be trolling Trump.  Surely they are over reacting.

Is it still something to laugh about and pin on the liberal media and chuck amd Nancy?

This is a serious situation and so many of you sound dumb trying to make this about politics or poo poo the seriousness of this.

True to form, you leftists get all political and then claim people on the right are at fault for defending against your bias. 

Just now, TPS said:

Yeah, seeing you all take the Trump line on this, and not seeing it for the crisis it is, had an impact. That, and knowing my odds aren’t good if I get it...

Did Trump call the virus a hoax?

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

Is it still something to laugh about and pin on the liberal media and chuck and Nancy?

The ones who made it political are the same ones who lied to you about Russia, WMD in Iraq and domestic spying.  

But details ;) :beer: 

Stay safe, @Buffalo_Gal 

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, section122 said:

I assume you're pointing the same slings and arrows at those who have been politicizing this for the last two weeks in various campaign speeches?

And yes, everyone realizes it's very serious.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

3rdnlng talking about standards hahahahah now that is 

You haven't exactly posted anything worth reading yet skippy.  You seem to be angry.  Probably Tibs' trash eating neighbor.  He tends to be a little selfish, only leaving the vegan garbage.  Get a job ya bum.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

You haven't exactly posted anything worth reading yet skippy.  You seem to be angry.  Probably Tibs' trash eating neighbor.  He tends to be a little selfish, only leaving the vegan garbage.  Get a job ya bum.  

Yea when they just started saying dumb and idiot you kind of know what you post they won't read anyway. I have good stuff a few pages back but since then it's been more laughing at the extremists that plague these forums. 

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Did Trump call the virus a hoax?

I don’t know and I don’t care. 

I do know they had an opportunity to take more aggressive action after the China travel ban, but didn’t. It was also clear to me he was more worried about its impact on the stock market and economy.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TPS said:

I don’t know and I don’t care. 

I do know they had an opportunity to take more aggressive action after the China travel ban, but didn’t. It was also clear to me he was more worried about its impact on the stock market and economy.  

This will cost the country billions when it is over.

Edited by Hardhatharry

Apparently the NBA,  NCAA Basketball tournament, Coachella Music Festival and many other venues cancelling are "panicking" over the corona virus. Golly I thought  there was no need to Panic. If they'd have consulted @Buffalo_Gal @Foxx or any of the other scoffers in this thread there is/was no need to "Panic"

So is the tail wagging the dog here or vice verse?

Edited by ~Kostabi~

15 minutes ago, section122 said:

@KD in CA points out the problem with this post down thread a bit, but I’d like to jump in as well.  

You wrote an impassioned and imo effective post a couple hours ago.  Speaking only for myself, i read it, considered your perspective, thought about whether or not you’re a reasonable guy or a silly heart like @TPS or @Hardhatharry, and figured you were calling things as you truly saw them.  Put another way, your post promoted me to consider things in a way I had not previously considered, and I disagree with many of the things I’ve seen you post previously. 

This recent post, however, is a damn shame.  You do what you want, but if you really are trying to reach people, why politicize it further, especially in light of the actions outlined by the president this evening, and the actions taken previously?  It cheapens the message.

The reality, whether you choose to see it or not, is that virtually every Trump supporter I know has sat and watched one effort after another, after another, after another attempt to tear him down and burn his agenda to the ground.  We watched members of the media willing accomplices of Obama/Biden/Brennan/Comey as they painted our president as a traitor, and watched many Americans support it in spite of the outcome.  We watched smear campaigns against a SC nominee, and the media breathlessly participate in attempting to tear him down for unfounded allegations from 40 years ago.   You know all the stories..Joe Biden-good an honest Joe acting like a mob boss threatening to bust up the Ukrainian unless they paid the vig yet bringing out the torches and pitchforks for Trump.  

Anyway, it continues.  Being completely honest, when I think about media coverage of the virus, the politicization by the dems on Trump/Washington response, Cuomo sounding like a eunuch as he bizarrely implied the NYS govt and our political contingent was powerless to do ANYthing to prepare NY before today, my natural tendency is to stop watching or reading what they have to say.  They are not my trusted source, they do not have my best interest at heart, and as far as I am concerned, they can &$#@ off.

The problem?  Every now and again they might provide some accurate information but by the time they do, many many people have moved on.  Same with Congress, same with Schumer and so on. 

If you have a serious point to make—and I felt you did—, I’ll listen, but save the “trolling Trump” bull#### for the other jokers with 15 posts suddenly appearing here. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1