The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

I see Tibsy is stuck on the disproved fake narrative....

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

No shame..........

From APNews

MIKE BLOOMBERG: “There’s nobody here to figure out what the hell we should be doing. And he’s defunded — he’s defunded Centers for Disease Control, CDC, so we don’t have the organization we need. This is a very serious thing.” — debate Tuesday night.

JOE BIDEN, comparing the Obama-Biden administration with now: “We increased the budget of the CDC. We increased the NIH budget. … He’s wiped all that out. … He cut the funding for the entire effort.”

THE FACTS: They’re both wrong to say the agencies have seen their money cut. Bloomberg is repeating the false allegation in a new ad that states the U.S. is unprepared for the virus because of “reckless cuts” to the CDC. Trump’s budgets have proposed cuts to public health, only to be overruled by Congress, where there’s strong bipartisan support for agencies such as the CDC and NIH. Instead, financing has increased.

They probably both know they’re WRONG.

It’s the Harry Reid motto: Well, it worked, didn’t it?

ACTUAL information.........

Edited by B-Man

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I see Tibsy is stuck on the disproved fake narrative....

Nope, it's true. Your lies will not stand up to the light of day

"I'm a businessperson. I don't like having thousands of people around when you don't need them," Trump said. "When we need them, we can get them back very quickly."

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump has spent two years cutting funding for the CDC. "Draining the Swamp" means making us less safe. Total incompetence 

Not true...according to the AP...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/media/485025-ap-fact-checkers-find-biden-bloomberg-paint-distorted-picture-on-trump-cdc%3famp

He proposed budget cuts to the CDC but Congress (with both R and D support) increased their funding.  

And Trump signed those spending bills.  If he really wanted to cut, he could have vetoed the budget

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Surprised that no one has stated the obvious conspiracy theory - that China released this on purpose to shut down the Hong Kong protests and to weaken the West’s economies. 

I have seen this speculation a lot. One thing China has in enormous quantities is people, and what is sacrificing a few thousand (or so) to further their leadership’s agenda? It is all for the greater “good.” 

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Whatnot78 said:

Not true...according to the AP...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/media/485025-ap-fact-checkers-find-biden-bloomberg-paint-distorted-picture-on-trump-cdc%3famp

He proposed budget cuts to the CDC but Congress (with both R and D support) increased their funding.  

And Trump signed those spending bills.  If he really wanted to cut, he could have vetoed the budget

So he did want to cut it but the grown ups intervened is your argument? Do you admit he wanted to cut it (proposed budget)?  I assume no 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I have seen this speculation a lot. One thing China has in enormous quantities is people, and what is sacrificing a few thousand (or so) to further their leadership’s agenda? It is all for the greater “good.” 

Ah, but the fly in the ointment is that China likes to look good and failing to quickly control this virus will give them a black eye. On top of that they had to know that any disruption in supply would make them lose market share and give the opportunity to other countries to cut into their manufacturing base. I just posted a little more about this in the Economy thread.

59 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump has spent two years cutting funding for the CDC. "Draining the Swamp" means making us less safe. Total incompetence 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So he did want to cut it but the grown ups intervened is your argument? Do you admit he wanted to cut it (proposed budget)?  I assume no 

Just now, B-Man said:

:) Thanks for the nice set up! 

May 10, 2018 at 4:32 p.m. EDT

The top White House official responsible for leading the U.S. response in the event of a deadly pandemic has left the administration, and the global health security team he oversaw has been disbanded under a reorganization by national security adviser John Bolton.

The abrupt departure of Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer from the National Security Council means no senior administration official is now focused solely on global health security. Ziemer’s departure, along with the breakup of his team, comes at a time when many experts say the country is already underprepared for the increasing risks of a pandemic or bioterrorism attack.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is exactly why Trump should not release his tax returns. You (and others) see things in black and white and have no idea if there was nuance or negotiating involved in the proposed budget. As a cherry picking partisan hack all you look for are ways to denigrate the other party rather than viewing the larger picture. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Posting links that are behind a paywall again, you cherry picking partisan hack. 

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

This is exactly why Trump should not release his tax returns. You (and others) see things in black and white and have no idea if there was nuance or negotiating involved in the proposed budget. As a cherry picking partisan hack all you look for are ways to denigrate the other party rather than viewing the larger picture. 

Posting links that are behind a paywall again, you cherry picking partisan hack. 

Lol, all smoke and mirrors. Go look it up on another sight idiot 

He cut the position 

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why in the heck would I admit anything when you won’t even admit that your previous statement was wrong?

And you want to talk about the grown ups in the room...talk about irony.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nothing about his fake cutting funding claim....................typical Tibs

goalpost.gif.56d7dbf54a3fcbd065e51196cb0

Back to the thread.

AMERICA OFFERS TO HELP THE IRANIAN PEOPLE COMBAT THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC: 

The link goes to U.S. State Deartment website and a press statement made by SecState Mike Pompeo.

SARAH HOYT: Don’t Fear The Wu-Flu. 

“The REALLY important thing to remember is that we really don’t have any idea — yet — how this will play in the US, but we don’t really have that much of a reason to panic either.”

As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, it would be nice to have better data. And we will, pretty soon.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Whatnot78 said:

Why in the heck would I admit anything when you won’t even admit that your previous statement was wrong?

1 minute ago, Whatnot78 said:

He did cut it, I showed you that. Eliminated the whole office. So you prove my point and refuse to admit he wanted to. Right? 

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Nothing about his fake cutting funding claim....................typical Tibs

goalpost.gif.56d7dbf54a3fcbd065e51196cb0

Back to the thread.

AMERICA OFFERS TO HELP THE IRANIAN PEOPLE COMBAT THE CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC: 

The link goes to U.S. State Deartment website and a press statement made by SecState Mike Pompeo.

SARAH HOYT: Don’t Fear The Wu-Flu. 

“The REALLY important thing to remember is that we really don’t have any idea — yet — how this will play in the US, but we don’t really have that much of a reason to panic either.”

As I wrote a couple of weeks ago, it would be nice to have better data. And we will, pretty soon.

He cut the whole office. Why so dishonest, dude? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

He did cut it, I showed you that. Eliminated the whole office. So you prove my point and refuse to admit he wanted to. Right? 

He cut the whole office. Why so dishonest, dude? 

You said “cut funding”. If you said “eliminated an office”, we wouldn’t be having this back and forth

Just now, Whatnot78 said:

You said “cut funding”. If you said “eliminated an office”, we wouldn’t be having this back and forth

Furthermore, it looks like after you followed the MSM line, which was proven false by the MSM, you found something else to hang onto to try and “win” your argument.  Rather than gracefully accepting you were wrong (to believe 2 politicians vying for the Presidency, which is understandable).

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

He could cut the entire agency and it wouldn't matter. More bureaucracy we could do without.