The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

58 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It sounds harsh when you suggest we round people up who don’t agree with you and have them die? No, really? 

Perhaps not my finest moment.  But as someone who has dedicated his life to research and patient care it sometimes gets to me when people are so ignorant of how medicine helps people.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Perhaps not my finest moment.  But as someone who has dedicated his life to research and patient care it sometimes gets to me when people are so ignorant of how medicine helps people.

They’re just people with a different specialty or life experience. You want to call them ignorant. I don’t think that way of people who aren’t in my field. They’re just inexperienced. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

They’re just people with a different specialty or life experience. You want to call them ignorant. I don’t think that way of people who aren’t in my field. They’re just inexperienced. 

I have to disagree unfortunately.  When presented with actual facts and saying they are wrong or don’t believe them - or worse, saying that scientists or physicians are lying - people that took an oath to help people and have dedicated their lives to such.  That is not ignorance - ignorance is not knowing or not having knowledge.  This is a willful denial of knowledge and even more insidious.

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It sounds harsh when you suggest we round people up who don’t agree with you and have them die? No, really? 

**UPDATE***

old man fan has developed a raging messiah complex: 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I have to disagree unfortunately.  When presented with actual facts and saying they are wrong or don’t believe them - or worse, saying that scientists or physicians are lying - people that took an oath to help people and have dedicated their lives to such.  That is not ignorance - ignorance is not knowing or not having knowledge.  This is a willful denial of knowledge and even more insidious.

9 minutes ago, BillStime said:

People SERIOUSLY need to stop comparing every thought that pops into their head to the Holocaust. 

MTG is a crazy person.  She’s from a podunk district in Georgia and wields about as little power in the House as a Representative can.  

Nancy Pelosi is acting like a child.  She’s the most powerful Dem in the House.  Grow up and stop denying the science.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

People SERIOUSLY need to stop comparing every thought that pops into their head to the Holocaust. 

MTG is a crazy person.  She’s from a podunk district in Georgia and wields about as little power in the House as a Representative can.  

Nancy Pelosi is acting like a child.  She’s the most powerful Dem in the House.  Grow up and stop denying the science.  

No but the Holocaust didn't start with just murdering Jews

You couldn't tell the difference between lots of Germans and a Jew so they put the Star of David on them.. to single them out

Then they put them in ghettos and then took them off to concentration camps

The star was to single them out. Just like the unvaccinated.. AKA The masked are being singled out

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You couldn't tell the difference between lots of Germans and a Jew so they put the Star of David on them.. to single them out

The star was to single them out. Just like the unvaccinated.. AKA The masked are being singled out

Yes but I can not be vaccinated and not wear a mask and no one will be the wiser.  It’s nothing at all like the start, middle or end of the Holocaust. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes but I can not be vaccinated and not wear a mask and no one will be the wiser.  It’s nothing at all like the start, middle or end of the Holocaust. 

Personally, I find it interesting—all these Nazi and Holocaust references that have gone mainstream.  That the rhetoric has increased substantially since citizens of that era are largely gone—and thus unable to stand up as a group and say “Are you people f&$#img crazy??” should be lost on no one.  

The concerted effort at indefinite mitigation continues this morning....

(CNN) "We're following the science." The line rolls regularly off the tongues of top US health officials -- no one more so than US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky.

Science dictated last week's guidance -- widely criticized as confusing -- advising fully vaccinated Americans that they could ditch the masks under most circumstances, Walensky said, citing studies showing the coronavirus vaccines not only provide better than 90% protection in real life, but also likely prevent vaccinated people from inadvertently infecting others.

But CDC is not following the science

when it comes to talking to the public, communications experts say.

The agency, battered by the politically charged approach of the Trump administration, years of underfunding and disastrous mistakes made early in the pandemic, has failed to follow its own past research on how to communicate and clearly explain its decisions and guidance.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/21/health/cdc-trust-problem/index.html

Hey maybe the problem is this federal governments agency itself is politically charged....and always has been but nah.......totally trust these folks like we should the FBI, CIA, Law Enforcement, and AOC.

And not following the science.......when it comes to talking to the public......"Communications experts say.".......

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Personally, I find it interesting—all these Nazi and Holocaust references that have gone mainstream.  That the rhetoric has increased substantially since citizens of that era are largely gone—and thus unable to stand up as a group and say “Are you people f&$#img crazy??” should be lost on no one.  

My father in law had a death warrant out on him by the Nazis.  He fled Germany. He wrote a book about it.  Dude is probably rolling in his grave. 😡

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The idiots know that, it's funny how it suits the idiots to casually throw around the hitler/nazi bs towards Trump with almost no interrelation, but

can't take it when the parallels to what they are doing are frighteningly real.

When the f will this not be the case ever 

For the past week, Virginians have begun to show their faces, following Gov. Ralph Northam’s decision to lift the universal indoor mask mandate. But many say they are reluctant to change the status quo, feeling naked without that extra layer of protection between them and the world.

The policy decision, prompted by new U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance, signals an effort to return to life prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. Yet many (lololol) epidemiologists, doctors and scientists have been surprised by the quick turnabout, concerned that removing masks now, with the virus spreading through more contagious variants, will lead to a resurgence of infections.

https://www.pilotonline.com/news/health/vp-nw-coronavirus-removing-masks-reaction-20210522-nrcs53sfxnhnrbdosyyzumeg4m-story.html

China rn....

tenor.gif

Edited by Big Blitz

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

My grandfather fled Nazi Germany and told me what opppression looked like 

It's not about if they're going to murder the unvaccinated.. also the Nazis didn't start murdering the Jews for years... it's that they are singling them out as a group and trying to oppress them

Edited by Buffalo716

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

My grandfather fled the Nazis

When the Jews started implementing star in 1938-39 they did have plenty of people resisting wearing them

Again you couldn't tell all the Jews apart.. which is why they needed to mark them...you needed actual religious records.. And the ones who were caught not wearing them were severely punished.. 

The Jew who got helped by the German, who changed his name, and removed the star was able to blend in easier and survive

They were only caught because the star completely singled them out.. which let them all be rounded up into the ghettos.. 

But the ones who got help from Germans who changed their names and removed the star, or didn't wear it..  didn't get rounded up en mass like the majority 

The point people make is that this is how atrocities start in the world.. not that this is the start of another atrocity.. 

But if they start saying unvaccinated people can't work, or live lives, or take care of their families because they can't make money.. well that's a line that can't be crossed in this country

Edited by Buffalo716