The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

My grandfather fled Nazi Germany and told me what opppression looked like 

It's not about if they're going to murder the unvaccinated.. also the Nazis didn't start murdering the Jews for years... it's that they are singling them out as a group and trying to oppress them

Listen, I’m as quick to jump to conclusions as anyone and struggle with the evolving politik-scientifico of the COVID clusterfuk.  I made two stops today, one to Lowe’s and was really amazed how many folks still had masks on.  The store was quite busy and I’d bet the ratio was 20-1 for the masked.   It was an odd feeling. 

You’re correct about the slow creep of authoritarian ideas, but on the other hand we deal with branding on many other issues.  

Wanna drive?  Submit to the state and be identified as an example. 

I can’t take this journey with you, but acknowledge I could be wrong on this issue.  I tend to think it’s more nanny state bs than anything else. 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Listen, I’m as quick to jump to conclusions as anyone and struggle with the evolving politik-scientifico of the COVID clusterfuk.  I made two stops today, one to Lowe’s and was really amazed how many folks still had masks on.  The store was quite busy and I’d bet the ratio was 20-1 for the masked.   It was an odd feeling. 

You’re correct about the slow creep of authoritarian ideas, but on the other hand we deal with branding on many other issues.  

Wanna drive?  Submit to the state and be identified as an example. 

I can’t take this journey with you, but acknowledge I could be wrong on this issue.  I tend to think it’s more nanny state bs than anything else. 

Unlike the cesspool called PPP , thank you for having a civil conversation 

If people start losing their jobs, and their ability to live their lives or make money, because they choose to not get vaccinated

And the masked are separated from the unmasked then yes those parallels will be striking to alot of people 

That's why it's been tossed around

Edited by Buffalo716

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unlike the cesspool called PPP , thank you for having a civil conversation 

If people start losing their jobs, and their ability to live their lives or make money, because they choose to not get vaccinated

And the masked are separated from the unmasked then yes those parallels will be striking to alot of people 

That's why it's been tossed around

One last thought— you hear a lot of anti-gun folks derisively stating “No one is after your guns...” but the truth is that someone is always after someone’s guns, money, and life.    There’s always some after that stuff.  

They laugh at ‘fake news’ but you get a Covington Catholic story, a Richard Jewel story, a kids in cages story.  

They pitch social distancing, avoiding others, eliminate travel and stay in your own household, yet encourage exactly the opposite with a tepid  “could maybe be sorta dangerous” disclaimer, harass business owners for trying to stay afloat and pitch  a no mask/ mask/double mask trifecta, then are stunned to find thinking folks wondering if they are totally full of $&@& or just really incompetent.  

The balance for me is figuring which rabbit holes I choose to go down. 

As for civility, the more seats at the table the better, at least until they cart some off and expose the non-believers to a small pox-Wuhan flu combo in a COVID Hunger Games for the non-Vaxxed. 

7 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Personally, I find it interesting—all these Nazi and Holocaust references that have gone mainstream.  That the rhetoric has increased substantially since citizens of that era are largely gone—and thus unable to stand up as a group and say “Are you people f&$#img crazy??” should be lost on no one.  

Agreed.  

The CIA actively asking people to snitch on their neighbors over 1/6, a largely non-violent exercise in horrible judgment is a bit chilling.  The fact you have people in this society that were actually doing so, and cheering on others who also did, is even more chilling.  Modern day Stasi vibes.  

The vaccine passport ideology is a bridge too far.  It’s something we should all fight with every fiber of our being.  

That said, this isn’t anything close to resembling the Holocaust.   Parallels can be drawn to certain aspects of that that society and ours without going “full Holocaust”. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Data on the Neanderthal thinking in Texas....

They ended mask mandates 3 months ago and all restrictions about 2 months ago..

Screenshot_20210522-173128_Chrome.jpg

Yep, it’s as we’ve known for some time. Masks are useless. Empty political theater is all. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

It's still all Trump's fault.

With how good things are going he should get credit for at least giving the private companies the funding necessary to work on developing vaccines.  I walked into a Tops without a mask for the first time yesterday while Big Blitz assured me repeatedly it would be policy forever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

With how good things are going he should get credit for at least giving the private companies the funding necessary to work on developing vaccines.  I walked into a Tops without a mask for the first time yesterday while Big Blitz assured me repeatedly it would be policy forever.

How many people asked you to put it back on because you were scaring the children?  Be honest—this is your truth. 

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

How many people asked you to put it back on because you were scaring the children?  Be honest—this is your truth. 

None but there were a few looks that said "great scott....I can see the guy's nose and mouth."  It'll be a fun transition back.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Big Blitz assured me repeatedly it would be policy forever.

Mitigation and masks are still policy everywhere except for States that actually did end it - with ZERO caveats about "for vaccinated only."  What is that about 5 or 10 states at most?   

States saying explicitly "mandates dropped for vaccinated people" do not count as dropping mitigation.  Because they didn't. 

If I can't take my unvaccinated 10 year old to a Bills Game this season, New York did not end anything.  

We will revisit this at the end of June as most states start to do this balancing act of vaccinated vs unvaccinated and what "the rules" will actually be.  All I see is confusion right now.  

Meanwhile more data showing masks have always been worthless:  

• Like (+1) 1

'Ultra-maskers' say they'll keep wearing masks even though they've been vaccinated - and perhaps after the pandemic ends

Adrienne Lenhoff started to panic at the airport last week. She was flying from Detroit to Florida to celebrate her grandfather's 100th birthday, almost a month after her second Moderna shot. But Lenhoff didn't expect travelers to crowd so close in line - or that middle seats would no longer be kept empty.

"I almost got off the plane," she told Insider.

It didn't matter that the airline, Delta, was still requiring masks. Lenhoff would have worn one anyway. In fact, she wore two - and even that didn't feel like enough.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ultra-maskers-keep-wearing-masks-after-vaccine-pandemic-ends-2021-5

China rn....

Chinese-President-Xi-Inspects-PLA-in-mil

Edited by Big Blitz

To get into the Knicks game tonight:

Each attendee will need to present one of three options for entry to Madison Square Garden: proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, or a negative antigen COVID-19 test, or a negative PCR COVID-19 test, with an appropriate ID matching the name on their documentation. For details, click here.

The Garden is partnering with Ambulnz to provide onsite antigen COVID-19 testing on event days – with Ambulnz delivering results within 30 minutes for $30.

Click here to learn more.

The Garden also welcomes the New York State Excelsior Pass, which provides secure, digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results. You don’t have to be a New York resident to use Excelsior Pass – anyone who received a COVID-19 vaccine or negative test result in the state of New York is eligible. For more information on Excelsior Pass, visit: https://epass.ny.gov

https://www.msg.com/reopening-faq#:~:text=Each attendee will need to,the name on their documentation.

New York is back to normal!  Mitigation is done!  Wooooo hooooo!

What you need to go see the Nashville Predators:

"Before you go inside Bridgestone Arena, you have to fill out a COVID-19 symptom screening form, and it will let you know if you're cleared to come into the building."

https://www.newschannel5.com/sports/predators-hurricanes-to-play-game-3-tonight-in-nashville-what-you-need-to-know

• Haha (+1) 1

On 5/21/2021 at 5:17 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Oldy has been getting a bit cantankerous of late. 

My mom gets  bit cantankerous when she has to take a dump.

Governor Gretchen Whitmer has issued an apology after getting caught breaking her own Covid restrictions, calling it a “mistake.” 

But fortunately for the Michigan Democrat the mainstream media is there to help soften the hypocrisy blow a bit:

Really, CBS News?

Purposely going to a restaurant where the tables are spaced out by 6ft & have an occupancy max of 6...& meeting with 12 friends & pushing tables together...”blunder”.

#RulesForTheeNotForMe Not a blunder...

more proof that those making the rules KNOW it’s ALL BS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Governor Gretchen Whitmer has issued an apology after getting caught breaking her own Covid restrictions, calling it a “mistake.” 

But fortunately for the Michigan Democrat the mainstream media is there to help soften the hypocrisy blow a bit:

Really, CBS News?

Purposely going to a restaurant where the tables are spaced out by 6ft & have an occupancy max of 6...& meeting with 12 friends & pushing tables together...”blunder”.

#RulesForTheeNotForMe Not a blunder...

more proof that those making the rules KNOW it’s ALL BS.

Yeah I can see how someone could be 100% responsible for locking down a state, engage in contentious debate with her constituents, take a $30k luxury jet to Fla when advising all that they should shut up and stay the &&&& home, and somehow misunderstand the rules she’s set in place under threat of penalties under law.  

She makes lots of mistakes and misunderstands a shyt ton.  

Then again, maybe the virus hovers over her social group like science says it does for some others.