The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Ahhhh the racists Trump base. 

He really needs to tell everyone, often, how all Trump voters are racists.

Loudly. Every day.

That will learn 'em.

21 minutes ago, meazza said:

So I'm guessing you won't vote for him in November?

You'd think a racist pig like Billstime, who is ALWAYS judging people on skin color, would be a part of the Trump base...even according to himself!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Loudly. Every day.

That will learn 'em.

You'd think a racist pig like Billstime, who is ALWAYS judging people on skin color, would be a part of the Trump base...even according to himself!

I'm confused, isn't he/she the wife/husband of another poster?

@Buffalo_Gal did anyone ask a question about the next stage of Jumanji, the murder hornets?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/05/03/murder-hornets-are-now-in-the-us-what-does-this-really-mean/#62eb650a4969

Edited by meazza
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, meazza said:

@Buffalo_Gal did anyone ask a question about the next stage of Jumanji, the murder hornets?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2020/05/03/murder-hornets-are-now-in-the-us-what-does-this-really-mean/#62eb650a4969

Someone posted  about  those the the other day.  Those are horrible!! 

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Loudly. Every day.

That will learn 'em.

So what you’re saying is that any racists who are now planning on voting for Biden will join all us Trump loving racists?  Landslide!!’

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

I didn't bring it up. I responded to a comment about it. Please point to my rant about racism.

Libs like you are the most racist of all.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Justice said:

Masks are expensive. I get mine for about $3.75 per. That price needs to come down. A family of 5 using daily worn masks will run $18.75 per day. $562 per month. $6,750 per year. Not cheap and not affordable for many. 

What are you doing? Drooling? I am wearing  a mask  whenever Igo into a public building or am being near people.  I am doing it to protect my 93 year old mom. She survived pneumonia  at the end of '18  nd I don't want to lose her to this.  We got nmasks from a local tailor for $5 apiece.  I keep using it.  It is not dirty. People should;d keep using masks even if the prevalence in their area is low.  Protect the elderly and people with weakened systems.

• Like (+1) 1

Pathetic

31 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f15da7f7dc387447a60099fa70a7192c.jpeg

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Pathetic

He has been treated far worse than Lincoln and every other human being who ever lived.

No one has ever whined more than poor old Donnie Trump.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Kemp said:

He has been treated far worse than Lincoln and every other human being who ever lived.

No one has ever whined more than poor old Donnie Trump.

I wonder if he realizes Lincoln was assassinated?

Edited by meazza

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Keep banging that drum. 

LANDSLIDE!!  

10 minutes ago, meazza said:

I wonder if he realizes Lincoln was assassinated?

Seriously. You’re married right. Haven’t we all at least once said “just ***** kill me so the nagging stops!”  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Keep banging that drum. 

LANDSLIDE!!  

Seriously. You’re married right. Haven’t we all at least once said “just ***** kill me so the nagging stops!”  

?

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/11/why-a-study-showing-that-covid-19-is-everywhere-is-good-news

They find that non-flu ili has surged. Its rise has the same geographic pattern as covid-19 cases: modest in states with few positive tests, like Kentucky, and steep in ones with big outbreaks, such as New Jersey. In total, estimated non-flu ili from March 8th to 28th exceeded a historical baseline by 23m cases—200 times the number of positive covid-19 tests in that period. This may overstate the spread of covid-19, since non-flu ili has other causes. It could also be too low, because people with asymptomatic or mild covid-19 would not report non-flu ili.

This sounds alarming, but should be reassuring. Covid-19 takes 20-25 days to kill victims. The paper reckons that 7m Americans were infected from March 8th to 14th, and official data show 7,000 deaths three weeks later. The resulting fatality rate is 0.1%, similar to that of flu. That is amazingly low, just a tenth of some other estimates. Perhaps it is just wrong, possibly because the death toll has been under-reported. Perhaps, though, New York’s hospitals are overflowing because the virus is so contagious that it has crammed the equivalent of a year’s worth of flu cases into one week.This sounds alarming, but should be reassuring. Covid-19 takes 20-25 days to kill victims. The paper reckons that 7m Americans were infected from March 8th to 14th, and official data show 7,000 deaths three weeks later. The resulting fatality rate is 0.1%, similar to that of flu. That is amazingly low, just a tenth of some other estimates. Perhaps it is just wrong, possibly because the death toll has been under-reported. Perhaps, though, New York’s hospitals are overflowing because the virus is so contagious that it has crammed the equivalent of a year’s worth of flu cases into one week.

Applying these revised figures to the calculation used in the piece—official covid-19 deaths divided by the increase in visits to doctors for non-flu ILI—would yield a fatality rate of 1.3% This is higher than the 1% estimate calculated by other researchers using different means. However, this approach excludes the large share of people infected by the coronavirus who do not visit a doctor. If we instead divide official covid-19 deaths by the authors’ revised estimate of total covid-19 infections, the fatality rate would be 0.4%

@Magox I'm pretty sure this is what you've been saying for a while.  Nice to see that this is being proven more and more. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

What are you doing? Drooling? I am wearing  a mask  whenever Igo into a public building or am being near people.  I am doing it to protect my 93 year old mom. She survived pneumonia  at the end of '18  nd I don't want to lose her to this.  We got nmasks from a local tailor for $5 apiece.  I keep using it.  It is not dirty. People should;d keep using masks even if the prevalence in their area is low.  Protect the elderly and people with weakened systems.

Lol no. I’m not drooling. I just heard on several occasions that these masks are only good for one time usage. I’ve been told otherwise by some here. I’ll try cleaning them from here on out. 

Keep up the good work. I wish your mother well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, meazza said:

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/11/why-a-study-showing-that-covid-19-is-everywhere-is-good-news

@Magox I'm pretty sure this is what you've been saying for a while.  Nice to see that this is being proven more and more. 

That’s an interesting method in how he extrapolated the numbers to come to that conclusion.  It falls right in line with the serological antibody studies that are taking place.   

I have also been doing quite a bit of reading on the influenza and it seems to have a similar pattern in that it affects people who have comorbidities and are elderly more so than the rest of the population. And that pneumonia is prevalent with both influenza and COVID 19 deaths.

We know that this is highly contagious but something in it’s transmissibility makes especially acute in higher density populations.  I’m very interested in learning how the spread of the virus is occurring the most.   I hear conflicting things and none of them explain or make sense to me why it’s spreading so fast.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1