The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Isn't there a single left leaning poster who consistently posts on here that can actually make a good argument?  

DC Tom said it years ago, the righties on this board intellectually dominate the lefties.

Since I have come back, that is has become evidently clear.

Doc Brown.

• Like (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

See this is how it’s done. If I had time (some of us are essential) I’d copy a ***** ton of hateful posts by the lefties here.  And as I said I witnessed it first hand living in the  Bay Area. The anger on display there was astounding. 

615B503E-E073-4BA5-A5D2-BB3298A5CDB1.jpeg

DF5D9C43-7A7F-49E4-ABB1-C1B3D054634B.jpeg

23C5C271-19C5-4BAE-A915-FCD8FD1EF457.jpeg

337F0004-C857-4582-A5B0-D641484F3270.jpeg

Awe  - you big snowflake.

A handful of demonstrators equates all liberals.  Nice assumption cupcake...

Based on your logic - I have no choice but to assume all Trumpholes Unite the Right, right?

Just now, meazza said:

Doc Brown.

He's a lefty?   I sort of viewed him as a moderate swing voter type.

GF can be ok at times and TPS is a quality poster.   Aside from that, there aren't too many others.   

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Awe  - you big snowflake.

A handful of demonstrators equates all liberals.  Nice assumption cupcake...

Based on your logic - I have no choice but to assume all Trumpholes Unite the Right, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

May 1 CDC Report model projecting death rates to increase by the end of June. You'll note that this model has been historically projecting fewer deaths than actual--this is being reported as projecting 3000 deaths per day by June 1.

image.thumb.png.78cc3cb566d93a956efba365474c48d6.png

Edited by shoshin

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That last cop should be gone. 

Bloodshed won't be far behind. 

So, you can hit someone for no reason when you are a police officer, hit them when on the ground, sit on someone's head, and then arrest them for.... ? I would be willing to bet the charge is "resisting." 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because Kemp is a real dumb person with nothing to offer. 

Signature @Deranged Rhino - always building credibility belittling others... And one who fails to acknowledge his own hypocrisy - DAILY.

Meanwhile - who is actually in court trying to hide his DNA over an actual RAPE case?

E. Jean Carroll, who says Donald Trump raped her, seeks his DNA

E. Jean Carroll slams Kayleigh McEnany’s dismissal of Trump assault allegations

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Signature @Deranged Rhino - always building credibility belittling others... And one who fails to acknowledge his own hypocrisy - DAILY.

Meanwhile - who is actually in court trying to hide his DNA over an actual RAPE case?

Whataboutism 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Cuomo I believe has been an excellent communicator.  He gives the sort of power point presentations to the public in a fact based manner and personally speaking, it's my sort of communication sytle.

With that said, he has not done well on the substance.  Never mind the words, because all politicians got it wrong on the words even guys like Fauci.  So I'll give him a pass on that, but he was late to the game on the shut downs, his insistence to keep the MTA open which in studies are showing was a major cause of the transmission of the VIRUS.  Then he didn't even have an effective sanitization policy on the MTA's until just the other day.   And what will arguably go down as possibly his worst decision was the Nursing home policy.  That was a fatal error.

All of these are significant problems and people who judge history in a non biased manner will not reflect so kindly on him.

I think he's a horrible communicator, he seems to think every person listening is an adult with special needs.   I gave him credit in the early days for getting out and speaking to citizens directly under difficult circumstances.  

He was dealt a losing hand from the start, and while I personally think he's a total douche, I tried to be reasonable and factor that into the equation.  In the near calm light of day as the crisis moves on, any reasonable analysis points to a massive leadership void from the get go.  In retrospect, he should have acted more quickly, marginalized DiBlasio, taken control and locked NYC down.  He should have had the state much better prepared to face the pandemic w/ respect to ventilators, hospital readiness and expansion capabilities.  As luck would have it, the feds bailed him out.  

All of this comes under the recognition that in a free society, bad ***** can happen sometimes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So, you can hit someone for no reason when you are a police officer, hit them when on the ground, sit on someone's head, and then arrest them for.... ? I would be willing to bet the charge is "resisting." 

https://nypost.com/2020/05/04/manhattan-da-defers-charges-in-violent-nyc-arrest/

Wright was ultimately charged with assault of a police officer, menacing and resisting arrest, but those charges were put off by the DA’s office pending further investigation, a spokesperson said.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

True

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

</snip>

Wright was ultimately charged with assault of a police officer, menacing and resisting arrest, but those charges were put off by the DA’s office pending further investigation, a spokesperson said.

</snip>

And that is with people videoing the incident!! Imagine the BS charges if they didn't have a video proving all that was bull####?

Fortunately:

</snip>

Garcia was stripped of his gun and placed on modified duty, pending a probe by the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau.

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, shoshin said:

May 1 CDC Report model projecting death rates to increase by the end of June. You'll note that this model has been historically projecting fewer deaths than actual--this is being reported as projecting 3000 deaths per day by June 1.

image.thumb.png.78cc3cb566d93a956efba365474c48d6.png

Putting these new administration numbers into perspective, We would be at 130,000 dead by the end of the month and on track to lose almost 100,000 alone in June. 

That doesn't feel possible just because the numbers are so staggering. But a lot will depend on whether we reopen and see deaths remain level, which we REALLY don't want. 

I wonder what will be said about this report publicly. If this was bad data, or if this was one of the "unintentional" leaks that is meant to soften the public up for a much higher death toll than they have been floating. 

Edited by shoshin