The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

https://nypost.com/2020/03/05/coronavirus-patient-in-spain-reportedly-recovers-after-being-treated-with-hiv-drug/

62-year-old man who became Spain’s first coronavirus patient is believed to have made a full recovery after being treated with an HIV drug, according to a report.

Miguel Ángel Benítez was hospitalized at the Virgen del Rocio Hospital in Seville, where he received lopinavir-ritonavir, an antiretroviral drug sold under the brand name Kaletra, according to Metro UK, which cited El Pais.

Don't understand why hiv drugs are healing people. Not just for this person but for lots of people.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: Dr. Drew = right wing. 

Never stop proving what a tremendous asshat you are, Tibs! It's your brand.

Also, Tibsy's spin isn't remotely what Dr. Drew said......................but hey, :)

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: Dr. Drew = right wing. 

Never stop proving what a tremendous asshat you are, Tibs! It's your brand.

Blaming the media for reporting a pandemic is something a right wing knucklehead would make. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Blaming the media for reporting a pandemic is something a right wing knucklehead would make. 

Reporting it would be one thing ( is it a pandemic yet ? ) , stoking outright panic so that “ blame”  can be laid at the feet of the Trump administration is another. The media obviously wants a distraction from just how awful a candidate Biden is. He’s sure to be skewered by Trump and his own gaffes in the coming months. Pop quiz, how many deaths occurred from H1n1 before Obama and friends took drastic action ? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Reporting it would be one thing ( is it a pandemic yet ? ) , stoking outright panic so that “ blame”  can be laid at the feet of the Trump administration is another. The media obviously wants a distraction from just how awful a candidate Biden is. He’s sure to be skewered by Trump and his own gaffes in the coming months. Pop quiz, how many deaths occurred from H1n1 before Obama and friends took drastic action ? 

They have to report this and fully. I'm sorry, but I still see people touching their face and shaking their hands. 

I hope the media does sink Trump with this, though, but they have to report it! 

And did any of that shut down the stock market? Did Italy quarantine 17 million people? Was global trade interrupted? Nope. 

You remember how the media pumped up 9-11? Remember the Terror Meter warning on Fox news? 

LOL.

Tibsy keeps repeating "Blaming the media for reporting a pandemic" when it should be "for HOW" they are reporting

I can't decide if it is his ignorance............................or he just cannot face the truth...................................could be both.......?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...641,000 died world wide from the flu last year...….why weren't you on your soap box then??………..

Did that disrupt world trade? Did that cause a stock market nose dive that halted trading? 

Nope 

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

……….panic driven...…...CDC said 60,000 flu related deaths in US last year.....

No, the trade disruption was because factories are/were closed, shipping disrupted. This is different, turn off the right wing media! 

To AFL GUY:

time-wasting in English

(ˈtaɪmˌweɪstɪŋ)
ADJECTIVE
causing someone to spend time doing something that is unnecessary or does not produce any benefit
NOUN
the act of causing someone to spend time doing something that is unnecessary or does not produce any benefit

See: Tiberius, Gary Busey, Q, TPS

Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

If you want to annoy lib , ask them precisely what action Trump should take that he has not taken.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They have to report this and fully. I'm sorry, but I still see people touching their face and shaking their hands. 

I hope the media does sink Trump with this, though, but they have to report it! 

And did any of that shut down the stock market? Did Italy quarantine 17 million people? Was global trade interrupted? Nope. 

You remember how the media pumped up 9-11? Remember the Terror Meter warning on Fox news? 

i hear it affects certain demographics harder than others. do you know if Democrats are among those harder hit?

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i hear it affects certain demographics harder than others. do you know if Democrats are among those harder hit?

No way man, Democrats are cleaner than other people so that cuts down on number of infected. 

• Haha (+1) 3